Robert E. Lee statue to be moved in Virginia

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
if they owned other human beings as property, they should not be memorialized
Owning human beings was an accepted practice until the end of the civil war. Many of the greatest leaders of that bygone era owned human beings. My friend, we can not change history. Let bygones be bygones. Today, the only place where we can effect change, we need a lot less chest beating, and a lot more common sense.

It has been almost 160 years since the practice of owning slaves has ended. Monuments of past leaders mean little or nothing to the progress of our nation. Removing them will not solve our problems.

If you really want to solve the problems of the nations poor, get off your back side and help run the drug dealers and gangs out of them. Don't glorify rioting, de-fund police departments, or dependency on the government. The demonstrators would have accomplished more the first by forming a circle around the businesses of the community and tossing out the imported agitators, than they have in the two weeks since. If you think you don't need the police, while protecting their businesses, circle the police department. Show them that there is no need for them. Violet riots don't show anything, but the need for more police.

Moving monuments is nothing more that a feel good exercise. Something to get peoples' mind off the real issue. Have fun moving them. When they are all gone, not a single thing will have changed.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Owning human beings was an accepted practice until the end of the civil war. Many of the greatest leaders of that bygone era owned human beings. My friend, we can not change history. Let bygones be bygones. Today, the only place where we can effect change, we need a lot less chest beating, and a lot more common sense.

It has been almost 160 years since the practice of owning slaves has ended. Monuments of past leaders mean little or nothing to the progress of our nation. Removing them will not solve our problems.

If you really want to solve the problems of the nations poor, get off your back side and help run the drug dealers and gangs out of them. Don't glorify rioting, de-fund police departments, or dependency on the government. The demonstrators would have accomplished more the first by forming a circle around the businesses of the community and tossing out the imported agitators, than they have in the two weeks since. If you think you don't need the police, while protecting their businesses, circle the police department. Show them that there is no need for them. Violet riots don't show anything, but the need for more police.

Moving monuments is nothing more that a feel good exercise. Something to get peoples' mind off the real issue. Have fun moving them. When they are all gone, not a single thing will have changed.
Want to defund drug cartels?
Legalize drugs

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well its easy to remove a statue so its shouldnt be a big deal...all those statues should be melted down and the people who made them and idolised them made to eat the residue as God ordered the Israelites to do when THEY made golden calves.

after they are gone I expect people can breathe a lot better like for example when plastic bags were finally banned and nobody was constantly asking everyone if they wanted one.

and people ought to stand up and say if nobodys treating them right I AM NOT YOUR SLAVE. God made me free so I live in freedom.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
am sure the birds will find they dont have to use them for targets now and can go back to living in trees.

why people build statues and useless monuments I dont know when they could plant trees.

D

DWR

Legalize drugs
That is just stupid.
Drugs are one of the biggest problems in the black communities.

But I suppose it drugs were legal, you would not have to buy from the local street dealer.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
And how many African Americans have been murdered through your abortion ? Millions ? 10's of millions .. Are you a lost 2-faced joke ? You keep me laughing for sure .. I'm sorry for you that you are grounded on nothing and miserable all the time friend ..
And your Civil War had how many deaths/casualties in 4 yrs ? Who sold the slaves and captured them from where ? Who supported Jefferson Davis from outside the US ?

Millions of Africans were killed during the slave trade

bojack

Dec 16, 2019

Agree and Israel was in Egypt 400 yrs and slavery still exists today .. But not in the USA unless you count pimps and drug pushers ..

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
That is just stupid.
Drugs are one of the biggest problems in the black communities.

But I suppose it drugs were legal, you would not have to buy from the local street dealer.
it cost more taxpayer money than its worth to lock people up or non-violent drug crimes

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
am sure the birds will find they dont have to use them for targets now and can go back to living in trees.

why people build statues and useless monuments I dont know when they could plant trees.
My wife has an old uncle who can farm , fish, slaughter and raise cows, pigs and chickens and knows how to get by without computers or cable .. And can fix all his equipment himself but he never learned to read or write .. I doubt many today could plant their own tree or have a place to plant it, much less get by without stores for a month or more ..

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Legalize drugs
And what would that do for the economic status of poor neighborhoods? How is that going to remove the pushers and gangs. Many of the illegal drugs sold are prescription drugs. They are legal, but abused.

What's your battle cry? Legalize Meth. Legalize opiates. Legalize pills.

I prefer treatment for the addicted, and locking up those who sell them.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
I think it's an ingenious idea that seems to have worked because people are prone to not think and are easily led like sheep. A man killed another man and we all saw it on tv and were outraged. Then different groups who were waiting for the opportune time to loot and riot stepped forward. The best way then to shift the focus away from who committed this is to begin to point to people and things that took place one hundred and fifty-five years ago.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I think it's an ingenious idea that seems to have worked because people are prone to not think and are easily led like sheep. A man killed another man and we all saw it on tv and were outraged. Then different groups who were waiting for the opportune time to loot and riot stepped forward. The best way then to shift the focus away from who committed this is to begin to point to people and things that took place one hundred and fifty-five years ago.
It's one of those statues represents. Which is racism and white supremacy

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
It's one of those statues represents. Which is racism and white supremacy

Chauvin(French), Kueng(Vietnamese),Thao(Vietnamese) and Lane(English) ,,,="white supremacy"?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Chauvin(French), Kueng(Vietnamese),Thao(Vietnamese) and Lane(English) ,,,="white supremacy"?
we're not talking about one case. We're talking about an entire system of systemic racism

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
we're not talking about one case. We're talking about an entire system of systemic racism
I think so too. Not that I am defending racism I do agree racism is very real I noticed it has no boundary in trying to understand how a man who is Hispanic,German(Jewish), and Afro-Peruvian could be used as a poster boy for white supremacy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Zimmerman