Romans 3:10-12

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 24, 2012
Romans 3:10-12 King James Version (KJV)
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Unless I'm mistaken I made a thread a bit ago and I might have been asking if everything an unsaved person does is sin, or maybe something like that. Is that something that could be correctly taken from these verses (or just verse 12?), that everything an unsaved person does is sin?

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019
Matthew 5:44-48 New International Version (NIV)
44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Sep 24, 2012
44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
I might kind of get where you're coming from with this post. I don't know if I'm saved.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Mt 7:11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Perfectly fine verse but perfectly not related to the question of men being evil according to Romans 3.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I might kind of get where you're coming from with this post. I don't know if I'm saved.
Do you know you are a sinner? Do you know what awaits sinners? Do you know you need to correct that situation?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Mar 28, 2016

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Unless I'm mistaken I made a thread a bit ago and I might have been asking if everything an unsaved person does is sin, or maybe something like that. Is that something that could be correctly taken from these verses (or just verse 12?), that everything an unsaved person does is sin?
Yes all have sinned and continue to fall short of the glory of God. Natural man of his own has no way to understand and seek after God, neither could they. In all cases God must to the first work of drawing a person .

luigi

Dec 6, 2015

It's in reference to the whole human race at some point in all our lives.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Sep 24, 2012
Do you know you are a sinner? Do you know what awaits sinners? Do you know you need to correct that situation?

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I'm kind of struggling with the age of accountability. Something a child does that's wrong, even if they're not past that age, is a sin, right? I guess I might have sinned a lot of times after becoming accountable though. People who aren't saved end up in the lake of fire, right? And yeah, I guess someone needs to be saved, whether they are saved past the age of accountability, through faith(?)(has everyone past the age of accountability been saved through faith? like everyone who has ever existed?), or if they die before they reach the age of accountability and are saved by God (the Father's?) mercy or grace(?), or they end up in the lake of fire.

Sep 24, 2012

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
So Jesus was the propitiation for our sins, right? He took the punishment for our sins? If He did, did He just do it on the cross (this might be really callous, but He died on a cross, right? I guess my head might be kind of a mess)? If He did die on a cross, was what He experienced just before the cross also a part of it?

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019
Reading 1 John may help with your examination of whether you are in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5).

"I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life" (1 John 5:13).

Mar 28, 2016
No one can come unless the father draws them .The fact you are interested in the things not seen is a start .

No man can seek after God in order to understand .He must do the first work of giving us his understanding. Keep of the faith (the search) as long as a person has the light from within .

Just don't follow after those who taste and see and say crucify him again and again having tasted but not taken it in that of God not seen that does work in these bodies of death. He promises us he he has begun the good work in us he will finish it. we are to put no confidence in our own selves.

Philippians 1:6 Being "confident" of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Did you decide to accept that Christ paid for our sin? Did you decide to follow Christ and live your life on earth with Christ your leader? Do you do what the Lord tells you to do as best you can and take your failures to Christ for cleansing? If you did these things, you are saved.

Sep 24, 2012

The questions I asked you might have seemed really callous or messed up (I might not be able to put it right). I might not be getting this right, but I might have just wanted to understand.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013

Anyone living APART from God are LIVING in sin, regardless of what they do.