Rooting your phone

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Senior Member
Mar 19, 2011
14,563
1,494
113
There is a process call rooting which will allow you administrative access to your phone. This will allow you to delete some of those unnecessary factory apps ...often referred to as bloat ware. I have tried several applications for this process and none of them have worked. I'm thinking maybe it is just something with the manufacturer of my phone that prevents it. Also it voids the warranty of your phone. However I'm thinking it should free up a lot of space on the phone. I can think of at least 4 apps that can go. Also it should make your phone run more efficiently because it cuts down on some of those unnecessary apps running in the background. Just don't mess up and delete the wrong app because you will mess up your phone. Has anyone had any luck doing this?
 
Too much risk to use on a phone that's required day to day. Modifying the ROM is always risky.

Which phone do you have?
 
I think I rooted my old 1st-gen iPod nano once and now it will do absolutely nothing except play Beverly Hills on repeat. So... unless you really really like Weezer... I do not recommend. :p
 
I've rooted every phone that I've had except this one I'm on now so far. And I've been thinking about doing it because of the useless, bloaty Sony apps that they won't let you uninstall. Rooting is incredibly easy though..what phone do you have?
Installing custom ROMs is always a bit riskier but the benefits have always paid off and I've never had a problem doing so, except running into a ROM that was a bit buggy but I've never bricked a phone.
 
I tried rooting my phone once...gave it plenty of fertilizer and water. It never did bud :p

rooted-640x425.jpg