Sabbath and the Law final

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 12, 2016
Brothers and Sisters,

This is the last I will say on the sabbath. However, Please, please read all of this. Trust me, I didn’t just come easily to this to point it out. Everything in scripture shows he didn’t abolish the law. Here is just a few parts of scripture supporting this fact listed below.

1 John 3: 2-10
Jeremiah 31:33
Hebrew 10:16:26
Acts 5:29
Romans 6 1-11
Romans 6:23
Romans 8: 7
1 Corinthians 6: 9-11

Jesus said keep my commandments. Our brothers echo him saying the law is good! It is written to live a Holy Life because God is Holy. In the flesh it is impossible, only in His Holy Spirit can it be done. But living contrary to the law and word/will of God is to live contrary to the two greatest commandments period. He did not set you free that you may turn back and enjoy what He set you free of! To repent is to turn away from sin and toward God. After turning to God for salvation, then how can we turn our back toward God again and willingly go back to the slop trope of sin and the pit from where you were taken out of and cleaned?

For the once saved always saved issue, you are right and wrong depending on what you teach and preach! Because as you do, I know once you are saved you are always saved; unless you go into rebellion against the Lord. What is rebellion? Turning your back on Him and His law. Period, turning back to the world and your sinful ways. Living as you once did before. I tell you truth though, I don’t see how anyone who has been truly touched by God and saved how I was, as the brothers of old were. In that moment of humility, and repentance knowing God had every right to judge and kill me, that He is instead reached down and gave me mercy, praise God and the Lord Jesus Christ He forgave me. He filled me with His Holy Spirit and washed me. Just as it is written by and affirmed in the days of old by our brothers. Through His Spirit and cleansing I was made a new creation and the old is dead. Not by deed or favor, but by the Grace and Will of God for His name sake. For His honor and Glory! That I may not live in sin from which I have been set free of, but by every word which proceeds out of the mouth of the Lord! Why this isn’t the norm when people are saved I can’t tell you. I was surprised to find out it isn’t normal! As I kid I was so confessed why others didn’t have this experience? Again, you cannot go back to what you were. Hebrew 10:16:26

Again, I am not claiming perfection in this world. I have an absolutely stumbled and fell. I was even sifted for a season. For it is written temptations will come. What did Jesus teach? Pray this prayer, lead us not into temptation. Temptation to do what? Sin, remember, Jesus was tested, it is said you will be tested and refined in fire. Job was allowed to be tested. Our flesh wants to follow the devil and its natures. It is a bad tree. Our Spirit once born again and filled with the Holy Spirit, helps us overcome temptation. If you let Him help you! Remember those who overcome John 16:33.

Know when it comes to the Sabbath brothers and sisters I have wrestled with this, because I know the rest is in Him. I prayed about this, he showed me by His word all I wrote above about the law and even more recently. I don’t want to set a Stumbling block, but If the Lord Jesus is the Sabbath which I heard agreement with, and is scriptural, and His day is the Father’s Day. For He and the Father are one. Then if you keep a day set by another who comes in his own name, other than God’s day which He blessed and set aside, as “worship day”, because you are the leader of your flock, you are responsible. Which most do as Sunday.

This was chosen by the Catholic Church to mostly appease Cesar of that time because he was a big fan of the sun god, which is pagan! Then who are you putting your rest in? Who are you honoring?

We love to teach about church history, let’s bring it up, what was the orders from God to Israel when going into those pagan territories concerning other gods, their buildings, and statues, ways and offerings?

Did he say, eh, just change the name outside and the curtains and use them? Which is exactly what the Catholic Church did! For the purpose of “inclusivity”. To bring pagans into the church. Or, did he say destroy it all? Have nothing to do with any of it. Yet here we are with sun god levin in the “Christian” churches. That’s right, I am taking it past the Catholics to the root!! You are worshiping Rome and the pagan sun god.

Moreover, I came to the realization recently it isn’t just a day and one commandment you break! I just came to this realization by the grace of God.

You say It’s just a day, right? Just one commandment, and those don’t apply because we are under grace. Yet you don’t steal, you don’t kill, or break other commandments? Or do you? Because we are not under the law? Then what do you have Grace from, sin, how can you have Grace without the law and knowing sin?

You are right, because we have been set free, those who are saved from sin in the law. However this is the problem you are NOT free of the law itself, it is the consequence of it! Death, the wages of sin! That is what you are set free of that you may have Life!!! Not a get out of sin free card!! Romans 6:23

Do you not see? When you keep the sabbath as Sunday, which most of the “Christian” churches do! You don’t violate one of the 10 commandments! That’s right, you don’t! I submit to you, that you violate half of them! Just by that! Let’s review.

You shall have no other gods before Me. (By keeping Sunday as the sabbath, you are honoring the Catholic Church and the pontiff’s set sabbath, thus he is your god as is the sun god)

You shall make no idols. (The Catholic Church makes and is full of idols and man becomes your idol because you follow him and his set times/seasons and teachings John 5: 43)

You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain. (You honor the one who takes the Lords name in vain, who instructs his priests to take on the name of the Father for themselves , who he himself wears a crown that means, in place of Christ). Also, again, violating the first law. Matthew 23: 9-11

Remember the sabbath, to keep it Keep holy. (I think we covered this one) Exodus 20: 8-11

Honor your father and your mother. (How do we honor them? We do what they ask of us don’t we? We seek to do for them out of love, respect and do for them and their will as instructed. Do you not know who your spiritual mother is? For Catholics it is “Mary”). You have earthly parents but also heavenly. Remember, you must be born again! Who are you born again through? This is again reflected in the foreshadowing I spoke of but have not expanded upon with the sons of Isaac, Jacob and Esau.

Many say, why don’t we see the miracle of old, why don’t we see those things that were in the “church”? In organized man’s religion, who keep the day of a pagan god and false teachings. That doesn’t honor the one they say they love, and they ask this?

He still does these great things, but hides it from the wise and those who seek to honor themselves and not God. Again, if we do church like the Catholic Church but change the names and curtains how can he distinguish you from others and the world? Especially if they only Meet once a week on their man selected days. Then perform the routine of man for forgiveness of our sins, but go back to our regular lives and continue to sin living like the world, rinse and repeat. Yet counting on the penance a man has given us of prayers, which Christ taught against, by a man calling themselves by the name of the Father! Expecting unending grace?

We should strive valiantly out of Love and respect first! With the undertone and quaking reverend fear last. If you keep the two greatest commandments. You will by default keep all 10 commandments because the two greatest commandments sum up the 10 under it as Jesus said, all the laws and prophets. If you love God as written. You will honor him, you will have no other gods, you will remember His day! If you love your neighbor, as yourself, you will not covet, steal, lie against them, everything else rolls under it!

Grace sets us free, to pick up our cross and follow Him, it is written 1 Peter 1: 15-16 15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”

Keep
my commandments my Lord said. That choice is up to you. Is your church yours and man’s, or God’s? That freedom of choice is yours to make! Choose God!

Last I submit this for your review. From a 1775 bible! Remember it is written, They will look to change the times and the seasons.

https://teslatelegraph.com/2023/11/...day-13-months-total-march-as-the-first-month/

Any other proof of changes out there that match this perfectly?

Love, a brother in Christ

May 12, 2016
Amen, love thy neighbor. As it is loving to heal the blind. To help one who is need and to warn them of danger.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
...brothers and sisters I have wrestled with this, because I know the rest is in Him....
Precious friend, you do realize [ knowing? ], of course, that "the law" that
has not "yet been abolished" is for the UNrighteous?:

"Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but​
for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners,​
for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of​
mothers, for manslayers" (1 Timothy 1:9 cp Galatians 3:24-25)​
Thus, the righteous man, Under Grace, with The Spirit of The Lord, Has
"freedom and liberty" (2Co 3:17) to be:

"...fully persuaded in his own mind..." (Romans 14:5), about his own physical
'day of rest' which God Knew "would work Very Well" in our modern workforce
of 'varying shifts and overtime.'

For some of us, we observe our spiritual "rest in The True Sabbath, Jesus Christ"
24 / 7 / 365.

What we do not have freedom to do, is become legalizers, and 'stumbling blocks'
to our weaker brethren, who may still be 'babes in Christ,' not yet understanding
"this freedom or the Meat Of The Word" yet, as our Grace/freedom apostle asks:
"But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought​
thy brother? for we shall all stand before The Judgment Seat of Christ.​
For It Is Written, As I live, Saith The Lord, every knee shall bow to Me,​
and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall​
give account of himself to God." (Romans 14:10-12)​
Let us then faithfully serve/live [ not for ourselves, but ] For The Lord! (v 8)

Amen.
+
Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

How to study for Approval, if you wish:

Basic Distinctions (14 + 4 more) Of Prophecy vs Mystery!
Update/Addition (#19)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
This was chosen by the Catholic Church to mostly appease Cesar of that time because he was a big fan of the sun god, which is pagan! Then who are you putting your rest in? Who are you honoring?
Long before the Catholic Church came into existence, Christ established the first day of the week -- the day He arose from the dead -- as the Lord's Day. Therefore the Lord's Day is now the Christian Sabbath. That the Catholic Church also observes this day is immaterial.

However you have the liberty to observe whichever day you wish. But Christians from the first century until now observed the Lord's Day for the Lord's Supper, as well as for worship, rest, and good works. The Lord of the Sabbath established this day. And to further confirm the importance of the first day of the week, the day of Pentecost (on which the Holy Spirit was sent from Heaven) also occurred on the first day of the week.

The first day of the week also happens to be called "Sunday" (the day of the Sun). But all the days in the week are named after pagan gods and goddesses. We need to go by what is in the Bible. And take note of the fact that when Christ appeared to Thomas, it was eight days after the day of resurrection. Is that not significant, since Christ could have met with him the very next day? We see in the NT that the apostolic churches gathered on the first day of the week. And this practice was confirmed by Justin Martyr in the second century, since churches continued with that practice from the beginning.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Brothers and Sisters,

You mean well but you are wrong. Both Paul and the writer to the Hebrews call the Law the shadow. The Law is becoming obsolete. When did it end? When Jesus rose from the dead. The nail in the coffin of the Law was the destruction of the temple. You cannot obey the Law because there is no longer a priestly tribe and no longer a physical temple with animal sacrifices. It's over.

Don't try to argue that the 10 commandments are the law. Paul contended with the "circumcision party" who wanted to put Gentiles under Jewish law. There is no "thou shalt be circumcised" in the ten commandments.

The law is natural. The Law of the Spirit of Life supersedes the Law of sin and death, which is the law of Moses. If you are trying to obey the law, you are living in death, not life. Finally, the Law was given to Israel, not the Gentiles.

Acts 15 recounts the discussion with respect to the Gentiles and the Law. This is the result of those discussions:

"It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond these essential requirements: You must abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals, and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things." No mention of the sabbath there.

Galatians 2:20 is often quoted. 2:19, not so much. "For through the law I died to the law so that I might live to God" Who prosecutes a dead man? What laws apply to someone dead and buried? When Christ died, so did I. I am raised from the dead with Him also. I am a new creation living with new life with a new covenant. The Law killed me. Thanks a lot. I am alive in Christ. I have no desire to live in death again.