Sabbath in the polar regions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 26, 2013
Jesus is not Sabbath, scripture does not say this. Jesus is our Savior.

God is eternal and without time, but God uses our time for our training. When God says to do this, if you have faith in God or Jesus if that is how you know God, then you will do this. There is a spiritual reality that we accomplish when we do what God tells us to do. When you tell God that you are right, God isn't and you purposely go against what God tells you, then you are defying God. And using this when the sun rises and sets in the polar regions to defy God is really not funny.
How would you define Sabbath in the South pole or in Barrow when the sun does not set or rise?
Barrow is the northernmost town in the USA. There the sun does not set for two month and vice versa.

Oct 31, 2011
Maybe God doesn't exist in the polar regions? You can see what a silly thought that is. We know God is spiritual, and our thoughts are not His thoughts. So God uses our perception of time for our benefit. Our perception is linked to the way the heavens operate. So I guess our perception of time is going to have to be influenced by the way God sees it for us.

God told of sunrise and sunset, and God was talking to people who lived in Israel when he told Hebrews that was how they were to look at it. God often used physical facts to illustrate the spiritual.

He told the Hebrews not to eat foods from animals who ate refuse, for instance. He told us that we, as gentiles could eat those foods. But the spiritual meaning didn't change, it was an illustration of being clean in thought word and deed. In the same way, it isn't going to work to use sunrise and sunset in Barrow. But that doesn't change the spiritual meaning or God's basic instructions.

Mar 26, 2013
You do not want to discuss but you like judging other people, I guess. If you need people that do not question your orders, then not me!

Oct 31, 2011
I had no idea at all that my explaining that I think how the sunsets are in the polar regions do not affect Sabbath aces out your opinion that it does. We are equal under God, brothers and sisters in Christ. I most certainly do not want you to follow me. I listen to your way and check it with my Lord, and I expect you to do the same. I thought that was understood so we could freely disagree. Who is right or wrong in this doesn't matter, I don't think, in the least, but what God thinks matters. We are both of us searching for what God thinks. What I think is beside the point unless it is reasoning together for God's way. Your reasoning and my reasoning are equal.

G

you define it in precisely the same way God Himself did. it is the seventh day of the week,just as He said. of the 10 commandments only one begins with this one word direction REMEMBER......the sabbath day.......the 7th day.....the day that identifies our God as the creator of all things and acts as a sign which identifies those who keep it as God's people. the very day that God Himself set as an appointment to meet with us. if you had regularly scheduled appointments set up by your doctor you would go. but our God has made regularly scheduled appointments with Him and you fail to attend.