Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

beta

Aug 8, 2016
You have to know what commandments Jesus gave.

Moses gave the law to Israel and that law came to an end shortly after the writing of Hebrews.

Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Jesus was born under the law, we are not born under the law.

Gal 4:4 But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

Gal 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
Who is Israel ? are they not a mixed multitude classed as one people ? Ex 12. The same law for all who closely associate with each other....but to this day there is hatred and animosity which some exploit in order to divide and strictly maintain their different days of assembling.
Jesus not only gave commandments but 'showed by example how to live righteously !!!

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Matthew 5:17-19 can be used to argue that all Old Testament laws are still in force. Jesus didn’t do away with any of God’s laws. Rather, he emphasized that we ought to obey God not only in our actions, but also in our hearts. We have to keep every Old Testament law in the spirit, in its attitude and purpose. God’s laws are written in our hearts and minds (Hebrews 8:10). They are internalized, so we should want to keep them. Hebrews 8:10 is a quote of Jeremiah 31:31-33, one could argue, and the laws that Jeremiah had in mind were the laws that were valid in his day: the old covenant laws. They were all given by God.
" It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors".

If the new covenant is not like the one "with their ancestors" how according to the sabbateurs it is.

Embankment

Feb 28, 2017
Matthew 5:17-19 can be used to argue that all Old Testament laws are still in force. Jesus didn’t do away with any of God’s laws. Rather, he emphasized that we ought to obey God not only in our actions, but also in our hearts. We have to keep every Old Testament law in the spirit, in its attitude and purpose. God’s laws are written in our hearts and minds (Hebrews 8:10). They are internalized, so we should want to keep them. Hebrews 8:10 is a quote of Jeremiah 31:31-33, one could argue, and the laws that Jeremiah had in mind were the laws that were valid in his day: the old covenant laws. They were all given by God.
Jesus taught the old covenant laws because he lived under the old covenant. Jesus also taught that change was coming and it did when he died. He fulfilled the Old Testament and put it to an end. The apostles lived and taught the New Testament that we live under today. God has a process and a method. The Bible isn't just a bunch of unrelated statements.

J

june123

Embankment, Saturday is the Sabbath.

• In the Ten Commandments, the Sabbath commandment emphasizes the authority of the lawgiver—God (See)The Royal Seal

. A change in the Sabbath means a change in authority. When we choose another Sabbath, we give the authority to another entity. God is no longer the authority. Rather, the substitute—the counterfeit—grasps this position. Another god on Earth has attempted to replace the true God. authority that changed the Sabbath is an even higher authority that wants to steal Christ’s claim on our lives. Satan was worshiped in pagan traditions under the symbol of the sun. He was the hidden one, the god behind the scenes. Sunday was the day dedicated to sun worship, but Christianity still adopted Sunday as the holy day:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 19, 2016
let’s consider Paul’s own statements about God’s law. More than 25 years after the death of Jesus Christ, he wrote in Romans 7:12, “Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.” In Romans 2:13 he stated, “For not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified.” In Romans 7:22he said, “For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.”
Many assume that once we have faith in Jesus Christ, we have no more need to keep the law. Paul himself addressed this concept in Romans 3:31: “Do we then make void [Greek katargeo, meaning ‘destroy’ or ‘abolish’] the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish [Greek histemi, meaning ‘erect’ or ‘make to stand’] the law.” Faith does not abolish the law, said Paul; it establishes and upholds it.
The law is spiritual,holy,just,and good,the laws of love,moral laws,and Jesus took the physical ordinances of Israel out of the way.

Paul said,we do void out the law through faith,but we establish the law,which all people have to live up to the law,the moral laws,laws of love,which love works no ill towards their neighbor,therefore love is the fulfilling of the law,and the ten commandments are laws of love,and well as other laws,like feed and clothe the poor and needy if you can,and help them with their needs anywhere you can.

Everybody has to live up to the law,and establish it,but in the Old Testament they could not do it not being able to receive the Spirit,but in the New Testament we can live up to the law by the Spirit,for a Spirit led life will abstain from sin,because the person does not want sin,and the Spirit leads them to make that possible,in which God will not put on the saint more than they can bear,and will find a way for them to escape the temptation,so they can endure and not sin,and the Spirit gives them power to not sin,which is effective in the saint's life for they do not want sin,and if led by the Spirit,not under the law because they are abstaining from sin,therefore the law cannot touch them for prosecution.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Who is Israel ? are they not a mixed multitude classed as one people ? Ex 12. The same law for all who closely associate with each other....but to this day there is hatred and animosity which some exploit in order to divide and strictly maintain their different days of assembling.
Jesus not only gave commandments but 'showed by example how to live righteously !!!
You don't know who Israel was?

The Law of Christ is what Christians live by, and as someone pointed out they were shadows:

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Not only that Paul stated that the Law was the ministration of death:

2 Cor 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

If you want to put yourself under the the ministration of death - be my guest.

Embankment

Feb 28, 2017

• In the Ten Commandments, the Sabbath commandment emphasizes the authority of the lawgiver—God (See)The Royal Seal

. A change in the Sabbath means a change in authority. When we choose another Sabbath, we give the authority to another entity. God is no longer the authority. Rather, the substitute—the counterfeit—grasps this position. Another god on Earth has attempted to replace the true God. authority that changed the Sabbath is an even higher authority that wants to steal Christ’s claim on our lives. Satan was worshiped in pagan traditions under the symbol of the sun. He was the hidden one, the god behind the scenes. Sunday was the day dedicated to sun worship, but Christianity still adopted Sunday as the holy day:
Why do most Christians worship on Sunday?

beta

Aug 8, 2016
I am sorry if my post upset anyone, it was not meant too.

I can not find any where in the Bible where God said we could chose which of the commandments we kept. Nor that we could change the day.

Yes Resurrection33, I chose not to join a church that does not keep the commandments,

I pray every day that God will put the truth in my heart and to show me the way.

Exodus 31:12–13 stresses again the truth that the sabbath signifies our utter reliance on God's grace.
And the Lord said to Moses, "Say to the people of Israel, You shall keep my sabbaths, for this is a sign between me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I, the Lord, sanctify you."
The sabbath is a sign. It points to a truth that we are never to forget. The truth is that God (and not we ourselves) has sanctified us. He has chosen us and set us apart and worked to make us distinct among the peoples of the earth.
Agree with you ! but this topic will cause fierce disagreement and rejection....always has done and will do until Christ comes and restores peace among the true believers, anyone else will not be around Rev 19.

J

june123

If Jesus changed the 4th commandment then it will state clearly in the Bible that this has been done and the "new" commandment will be clearly shown to us.

If I have missed this I would be grateful for someone to point it out to me.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
I still always find it amazing that people actually think God is so concerned about which day we get together as worshipers.
try telling that to Gods choicen nation Israel , IF IT MATTERED or not to them

you might want to read [Why] both northern and southern tribes where taken into captivity

beta

Aug 8, 2016
Why do most Christians worship on Sunday?
Because they are 'deceived and refuse to admit error and a false Christ Mat 24v4,5 ! Thing is, all alive on earth today were born into error and God takes out one by one those who repent and believe the Word of God Jesus our walking talking living example, the same yesterday, today and forever.....
HE will not be manipulated !

Embankment

Feb 28, 2017

you might want to read [Why] both northern and southern tribes where taken into captivity
Israel lost that title 2000 years ago.

J

june123

• Emperor Constantine made the first Sunday-keeping law. His infamous Sunday enforcement law of March 7, A.D. 321, reads as follows: “On the venerable Day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed.”
There is absolutely no New Testament text stating that God, Jesus, or the apostles changed the Sabbath to Sunday—not a text, not a word, not even a hint or suggestion. If there were, those chapters and verses would be loudly heralded by Sabbath opposers. Had Paul or any other apostle taught a change from Sabbath to Sunday, the first day of the week, an absolute firestorm of protest would have arisen from conservative Jewish Christians.
It matters because. "
A change in the Sabbath means a change in authority. When we choose another Sabbath, we give the authority to another entity. God is no longer the authority. Rather, the substitute—the counterfeit—grasps this position. Another god on Earthhas attempted to replace the true God. authority that changed the Sabbath is an even higher authority that wants to steal Christ’s claim on our lives. Satan was worshiped in pagan traditions under the symbol of the sun. He was the hidden one, the god behind the scenes. Sunday was the day dedicated to sun worship, but Christianity still adopted Sunday as the holy day:"

beta

Aug 8, 2016

2Kgs ch 17 gives a short over-view of sinning Israel and their consequent captivity to this day. Dispersed among pagans they succumbed to false teaching and refuse to REPENT - for they are a stiffnecked stubborn people ! Repent and turn, for why will you die.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017

Seeing as you are quoting an SDA site why are you coming here to ask questions regarding this?

J

june123

Thank you beta, "Agree with you ! but this topic will cause fierce disagreement and rejection....always has done and will do until Christ comes and restores peace among the true believers, anyone else will not be around Rev 19."

How silly of me, I thought that all Christian's would follow the word of God, We are all born in sin and must spend our lives trying to get to know God and doing all we can to follow his laws, I have broken his laws many times and I
regret this so much, I want to live in Jesus to atone for my sins, To do this I must follow his laws, all his commandments.

On the day of judgement I want God's blessing.

J

june123

Locates, I have been to lots of sites to find God, Having read lots of posts I felt drawn to this one.

The question I asked was what was in my mind at the time, Was it wrong of me to join this forum?

beta

Aug 8, 2016
You don't know who Israel was?

The Law of Christ is what Christians live by, and as someone pointed out they were shadows:

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Not only that Paul stated that the Law was the ministration of death:

2 Cor 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

If you want to put yourself under the the ministration of death - be my guest.
The 'ministration of death refers to the way the law was dealt with in the OT...this has been changed by JESUS who introduced grace and forgiveness !!! so no...we do not live under the old system of doing things anymore but that does not abolish the spiritual commandments of loving God and neighbour....they still stand...as Jesus teaches, because they are a foundational principle of God !!!

J

june123

It is possible that my belief is the same as the seventh-day Adventist church, but my beliefs came to me without doctrine from any church. I call myself a Christian.
[h=3][/h]My belief is in God.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Google for sabbath keeping discussion forums - you'll find sympathetic hears there.