Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Who was it that said the Gentiles were "Dead in their sins and the uncircumcision of their flesh"?

As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins
(Ephesians 2:1)
This is what the Sovereign LORD says: No foreigner uncircumcised in heart and flesh is to enter my sanctuary, not even the foreigners who live among the Israelites.
(Ezekiel 44:9)
Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I AM, you will die in your sins.
(John 8:24)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Who was it that had a Law that condemned Gentiles that turned to God?
no one, ever.

this is either a total strawman ((deliberate lie)) or a revealing that you do not in any way at all comprehend what has been said.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
thus proving that He did not blaspheme - therefore was not worthy of the death the Law itself requires of blasphemers

because He is in very fact, equal to God - the thing which they did not believe, upon which basis, in their unbelief, they sought to kill Him ((re: John 5:18, 8:24, 19:7, etc))

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
the lie that studyman keeps repeating is that the Pharisees had disregarded the Torah, had wrote their own law.

well, Jesus said to the Pharisees " you search the Scriptures, thinking that in them you will find eternal life. these are the very Scriptures that testify on Me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life". John 5.

notice, " come to me ". not " keep the law ".

I pointed this Scripture out to studyman months ago, yet he keeps right on repeating the lie that the Pharisees had disregarded the Torah. but, with his make-it-up-as-you-go-along religion, little things like facts do not matter.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
the lie that studyman keeps repeating is that the Pharisees had disregarded the Torah, had wrote their own law.

well, Jesus said to the Pharisees " you search the Scriptures, thinking that in them you will find eternal life. these are the very Scriptures that testify on Me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life". John 5.

notice, " come to me ". not " keep the law ".

I pointed this Scripture out to studyman months ago, yet he keeps right on repeating the lie that the Pharisees had disregarded the Torah. but, with his make-it-up-as-you-go-along religion, little things like facts do not matter.
it's like Dan was saying about a chatbot, when it can't answer or comprehend a question, it outputs something unrelated, so that its conversation is nonsensical and does not have bearing on reality. it has a finite number of responses and while in a narrow area of discussion it can give an appearance of intelligence, as soon as it is outside the confines of its programming it is revealed for what it really is.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
it's like Dan was saying about a chatbot, when it can't answer or comprehend a question, it outputs something unrelated, so that its conversation is nonsensical and does not have bearing on reality. it has a finite number of responses and while in a narrow area of discussion it can give an appearance of intelligence, as soon as it is outside the confines of its programming it is revealed for what it really is.
and, much like the same Pharisees he decries all the time, he and the Mormons, Hebrew roots, sda, assembly of called out believers, etc..
they ( and he ) take the Bible, use snips and pieces of it, and build a counterfeit religion, that looks like Christianity, smells like Christinaity, but, the taste test- it fails.

because Christianity is based on one thing, and one thing only- the Resurrection of Jesus. . faith and trust and belief in He who was alive, then dead, and is now alive forever more.

anything and anyone pushing anything else. the Law, doing good deeds, etc... for salvation is pushing a false doctrine.

7seasrekeyed

the law could not, was not nailed to the cross,
but what was the handwriting of requirements?

"And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh,
He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,
having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us,

which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way,
having nailed it to the cross".

"Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to
the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city" (Revelation 22:14).

Since the bible it is only "those who do His commandments...{who} have the right
to enter...the city" , the ten commandments could not be "contrary to us."

the entire nation of Israel could keep the law, but you believe you do. so why did God send His only Son to die in our place?

you show a total lack of concern or understanding of why Christ had to die.

you 'specialize' in the 4th commandment and most likely break several others.

yet you convince yourself and try to convince others of your great commandment keeping prowness

you are WORKING for your salvation and do NOT trust in Christ alone

that is not acceptable to God.

Revelation specifically shows that those who break one of at least four of
the ten commandments will be outside God's city (Revelation 22:15).

dude...if you are IN our Lord Jesus Christ, you are not condemned. However, you condemn YOURSELF because you try to be perfect in your own flesh....you do not understand that and you trip over the cornerstone like an unbeliever. maybe you are one.

the ten commandments were not "nailed to the cross," what was?
Look again at what the Bible actually says (two translations):

14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us,
which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way,
having nailed it to the cross (Colossians 2:14, NKJV)

how can you paste the above verse and not understand what it is saying? you don't know what the requirements were?

that would be the law you insist is our guide.

14 having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us,
which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way,
having nailed it to the cross.. (Colossians 2:14, NASB)

17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets.
I did not come to destroy but to fulfill (Matthew 5:17)

exactly. Jesus fulfilled the requirement of breaking ANY part of the law which requirement was DEATH

it is fulfilled even now as I type this. it's too bad you and yours do not comprehend that, but that is not unheard of

the Judaizers were the same and the Galatians were swayed by them. so you all pretty much fit into the Judaizer category and that's just a simple fact. you cannot make requirements that God Himself does not make

While some erroneously think that Jesus, for example, did away with the Ten Command-
ments by how He led His life, that most certainly was not the view of the early Christians
who continued to keep them[Paul included]

the ten commandments were never done away with. but no human has ever been able to keep them and therefore earn their own righteousness. y'all sure do keep trying though :rolleyes:

you are utterly wrong about 'early' Christians. GALATIANS GALATIANS GALATIANS...and Paul rebuked Peter for the very thing you preach here. so I'll just let him rebuke you also

6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
Galatians 1

No Return to the Law
11 Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed; 12 for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision. 13 And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy.

14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, “If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? 15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, 16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified

17 “But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! 18 For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 19 For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”
Galatians 2

there is no other way to be saved except through believing in Christ Jesus

no other way

most people know that but that truth has escaped you with your desire to prove YOURSELF worthy of salvation

none of us are worthy. Christ ALONE is worthy as Revelation states

the rest, is just garbage and that includes ALL self effort

you go ahead and worship any way you want, but like Jesus said to the the Samaritan woman, you don't know whom you worship

please note I am done responding to your twisted gospel message

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
See now that I, I am He, And there is no god besides Me
(Deuteronomy 32:39)
Whoever blasphemes the name of the Lord shall surely be put to death. All the congregation shall stone him. The sojourner as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death.
(Leviticus 24:16)
Was Jesus not "HE"? Where was His sin, Blasphemy? Did this same Bible also speak of a coming Messiah? How does the above scriptures condemn the Christ?

Lev. 19:15 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.
16 Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD.

17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.

What about these scriptures? Did the Law of the Pharisees not include them?

When did Jesus Blaspheme the Name of the Lord?

Since you are telling people it was God's Laws that condemned the Christ to death, and not the Law of the Mainstream Preachers of His time, why don't you show me how the above Scriptures condemned Jesus?

Or is it that the Pharisees were just innocent victims of a tyrannical God whose burdensome Laws were so unjust they condemned, convicted and sentenced to death, His own Righteous Son.

Fascinating!!!

7seasrekeyed

GREAT POST !!! I hope people will take note of it instead of always complaining of being 'judged....when in fact they are being 'corrected of the Lord !!!
well that's not true

Paul would say otherwise and he is IN the Bible and you folks are not

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
it is Christ who was crucified.
He is the Word of God

how did this come to be:

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the Law, but under grace.
(Romans 6:14)

?

therefore . . .
Yes, it is true that mankind broke Jesus, the Word of God.

But what saith the Scripture?

Ex. 34:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone (Rock) like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.

What, shall we break Him again? God forbid!!

The Law of sin is death. Sin, (Death) shall not have dominion over a man, for we are no longer under death, but are alive.

Rom. 6:
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, (Dead) but under grace? (Alive) God forbid.

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

18 Being then made free from sin, (Death) ye became the servants of righteousness.

Whose righteousness Post? The Popes? Benny Hinn? Or the Righteousness of God?

Hard to do when you preach your Jesus removed them.

Therefore . . .

Ecc. 12:
10 The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.
11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.

12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Hard to do when you preach Jesus removed them.

I will pose another question you will no doubt ignore, but just in case.

Had the Pharisees considered every Word that came from God, and had not omitted the "weightier Matters of the Law", do you believe they would have known Jesus when He came as did Zechariahs and the Wise Men?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Yes, it is true that mankind broke Jesus, the Word of God.
lol you think man killed God?

no sir. He gave Himself. no one could possibly put a nail through His foot unless He Himself both ordained and allowed it.

it is that very Word made flesh who was crucified, not the word of Gamaliel.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
When did Jesus Blaspheme the Name of the Lord?
you either still can't understand, or you just love bearing false witness.

because they did not believe He Is, they thought it was blasphemy.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
can you summarize the argument Paul makes from Romans ch. 5 through ch. 8, out of which you pulled this one verse?
what is in the context in which he says this, what does he mean 'died,' how did this happen, why was it necessary, what did it accomplish - what are the implications of the fact and the conclusion of it? why would grace be abounding with increasing sin? why would this thought even cross anyone's mind? who's "we" here in this hypothetical question? what is he calling "sin"? what is the "grace" he mentions? how is it accomplished, to whom is it shown?
what is his premise, and the systematic steps through logic and truth he takes in order to arrive at chapter 6? what does he say the result is? what specifically does he compel "we who died" to do? on what basis?

do we understand what we are reading or are we quote-mining?

prove it.

I actually read PA's Posts.

From my perspective, PA has already made a compelling argument, using the Word of God apart from the influence of popular religious culture, to "prove" what is that acceptable Will of God.

Why don't you explain, in detail, exactly what parts of PA's understanding that you believe is non-Biblical? And why?

I mean, if you don't believe his post, then you surely won't believe his summary of Romans.

In this way we can all be edified by the discussion and maybe learn from each other, rather than trying to fit each other into a box with a label.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
meeting on the first day of the week is attested to several times in the N.T. when John said he was " in the Sprit on the Lord's Day, he did NOT say Sabbath, and, the big one, there is not one N. T. command for Christ followers to keep it.
Sure there is.

DO YOU WANT ETERNAL LIFE
MATT.19 [16] And, behold, one came and said unto him, GOOD MASTER, WHAT GOOD THING SHALL I DO, THAT I MAY HAVE ETERNAL LIFE?[17] And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS.[18] He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

DO YOU KNOW GOD
1 JOHN 2 [1] My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: [2] And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. [3] AND HEREBY WE DO KNOW THAT WE KNOW HIM, IF WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS. [4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

HAVE YOU BEEN TAUGHT “JUST BELIEVE” AND YOU WILL BE SAVED
JAMES 2 [19] Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: THE DEVILS ALSO BELIEVE, and tremble.

DO YOU LOVE GOD
1 JOHN 5 [1] Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. [2] BY THIS WE KNOW THAT WE LOVE THE CHILDREN OF GOD, WHEN WE LOVE GOD, AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS. [3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

DO YOU WANT GODS HOLY SPIRIT
JOHN 14 [15] If ye love me, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.[16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

HAS HEAVEN AND EARTH PASSED – YIKES! WHAT AM I STANDING ON?
MATT.5 [17] Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.[18] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

WANT TO BE ONE OF GODS SAINTS
REV.14 [12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS of God, and the faith of Jesus

BEEN TAUGHT DUE TO FAITH WE NEED NOT KEEP GODS COMMANDMENTS
ROMANS 3 [31] Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

WANT TO ENTER THE CITY - THE 1000yr PERIOD OF REST
REV.22 [14] Blessed are they that DO HIS COMMANDMENTS, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city

FROM THE WRITINGS OF PAUL
1 COR. 7 [19] Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the KEEPING OF THE COMMANDMENTS of God.

You can see all these NT scriptures telling us to keep Gods 10 commandments. Alls ya gotta do now is go read the 4th commandment

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
To suggest that "the Lord's Day" is the same as "the day of the LORD" is even worse false doctrine.

The "Lord's Day" was a special day of the week which had nothing to do with the day of the LORD".
REV.1 [7] Behold, HE COMETH WITH CLOUDS; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of THE EARTH SHALL WAIL because of him. Even so, Amen.[8] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.[9] I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.[10] I was in the Spirit on THE LORD'S DAY, and heard behind me a GREAT VOICE, as of A TRUMPET,

he cometh with clouds - of a trumpet - the Lord's day - a great voice - the earth shall wail

ZEPH.1 [14] The great DAY OF THE LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even THE VOICE of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall CRY THERE BITTERLY.[15] That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a DAY OF CLOUDS and thick darkness,[16] A day of THE TRUMPET and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers

a day of clouds - of the trumpet - The great day of the LORD - even the voice - man shall cry there bitterly

See how these two scriptures are speaking of the same exact event. Pretty simple to see now that the Lords day is not sunday nor the sabbath day but another way to say the Day of the Lord. Simply read Rev.1. Why in the world would the earth wail because it was a sunday? However.......

AMOS 5 [16] Therefore the LORD, the God of hosts, the Lord, saith thus; WAILING shall be in all streets; and they shall say in all the highways, Alas! alas! and they shall call the husbandman to mourning, and such as are skilful of lamentation to WAILING. [17] And in all vineyards shall be WAILING: for I will pass through thee, saith the LORD. [18] Woe unto you that desire THE DAY OF THE LORD! to what end is it for you? THE DAY OF THE LORD is darkness, and not light.

There will be plenty of WAILING come the DAY OF THE LORD

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Rest from what? Did you know sabbath means rest?

Acts 15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.

Acts 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

I've seen a lot of different legalistic religions try to twist this to mean all sorts of things except what it plainly says.

If you teach people that they are still under the law in some capacity then you are doing the same thing as the Pharisees who believed before you. You are putting a yoke upon the neck of those who would listen to you that neither YOU nor they can bear.

When the Lord Jesus says He will give us Rest do you think that He means only on Saturdays? Didn't the law already command rest on Saturdays? Was the Lord just being redundant?

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Keep readin Grampa.

MATTHEW 11 [27] All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. [28] Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. [29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. [30] For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

In order to find out what rest Jesus is speaking of simply read the very next verse. Keep in mind when this was written it was one continual writing. No chapters and verses.

MATTHEW 12 [1] At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.

Theres the rest that Jesus was speakin of

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Why in the world would the earth wail because it was a sunday? However...
Exactly. Which proves that the Lord's Day has nothing to do with the Day of the LORD. All commentators are agreed that the Lord's Day is the first day of the week (Sunday).

And Christ returns to earth at the end of the Day of the Lord, which is still future, and includes all the 7th trumpet judgments.