Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I would do as my Lord and Savior did and expose those who threw the grenade as murders.
that's totally not an answer to my question.
perhaps you have a reading comprehension problem?

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
that's totally not an answer to my question.
perhaps you have a reading comprehension problem?
The premise of your question is flawed because of your unbiblical religious doctrines.

No one threw a "grenade" at man mind to kill them. I know you believe the unjust God of the Bible threw the grenade and Jesus jumped on it to save mankind, not from anything they did, or any free will choice they made, but from an unjust God whose Laws were intended to do us harm because you have been convinced they are against us.

If you want to use the Bible and the throwing of a grenade as a teaching tool, it would read like the following.

God told me to stay away from grenades because they can go off and kill me, but I don't trust God, I don't believe in this God, so I rebelled against Him and messed with the grenade He told me not to mess with.

Well what happened? Exactly what He said as He warned over and over and over in His Word about, the grenade went off and killed me. Now what? As it turns out, God loves me, and He knew I was evil in my mind and that I didn't like Him because I had been convinced by the snake that His instructions were "against me", so He sent His Son to recue me from this death I incurred in the hope that maybe this time I would accept His Word as truth and listen to Him, and stop messing with things He tells me to leave alone.

So your analogy which implies that some one else, like maybe God, threw a grenade at me and Jesus jumped on it to save me sounds cleaver, and looks good, but is not grounded in Biblical truth.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
yep, reading comprehension problem.

the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
When is your "last day"?

"For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night."

2 Pet. 3:
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

The judgment has already been given as Jesus said. I don't care what your preacher tells you. I have until the end of my life to get right with God, and I don't know when the "Last day" shall be and either do you.

This is why David, in the Spirit, said "Today, if you hear His Voice, harden not your mind". Today could be our "Last Day".

7seasrekeyed

some people need their Bibles taken away since they misrepresent them with non-stop fallacies

I won't name names nor reply to the inevitable smart aleck come back

beta

Aug 8, 2016
When is your "last day"?

"For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night."

2 Pet. 3:
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

The judgment has already been given as Jesus said. I don't care what your preacher tells you. I have until the end of my life to get right with God, and I don't know when the "Last day" shall be and either do you.

This is why David, in the Spirit, said "Today, if you hear His Voice, harden not your mind". Today could be our "Last Day".

Yes, Peter said 2000 years ago that 'judgement had already started at the house of God.....could well be that most people will have missed it....still waiting. NOW is 'high time to awake from sleep and get right with God ! Rom 13v11.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
Yes, Peter said 2000 years ago that 'judgement had already started at the house of God.....could well be that most people will have missed it....still waiting. NOW is 'high time to awake from sleep and get right with God ! Rom 13v11.
That's right Beta, the Mainstream Preachers of Christ's time were convinced they were already all set, "Peace, Peace, when there was no Peace. They were convinced as was Eve, "You shall surely not die". And even God Himself in the Flesh couldn't get them to listen to Him. As it is written:

Luke 16:30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Absolutely Fascinating.

beta

Aug 8, 2016
That's right Beta, the Mainstream Preachers of Christ's time were convinced they were already all set, "Peace, Peace, when there was no Peace. They were convinced as was Eve, "You shall surely not die". And even God Himself in the Flesh couldn't get them to listen to Him. As it is written:

Luke 16:30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Absolutely Fascinating.
Abso;utely amazing and astounding what God reveals through/by/in His Word to us....a 'pure language already available to those who hear !
Praise the Lord !

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart.
(1 Corinthians 4:3-5)
Do not judge, or you will be judged
(Matthew 7:1)
God sent His Son into the world not to judge the world
(John 3:17)
Who are you to judge someone else's servant?
(Romans 14:4)
Therefore you have no excuse, you who pass judgement
(Romans 2:1)
God Himself is judge
(Psalm 50:6)
There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy;
but who are you who judge your neighbor?
(James 4:12)
He it is who reduces rulers to nothing,
Who makes the judges of the earth meaningless.
(Isaiah 40:23)
on the day when, according to my gospel,
God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.
(Romans 2:16)
The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them.
(Romans 14:3)
Is thine eye evil, because I am good?
(Matthew 20:15)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Since he was not able to pay, the Master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.
At this the servant fell on his knees before Him.
‘Be patient with me,’
he begged,
‘and I will pay back everything.’
The servant’s Master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.
(Matthew 18:25-27)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
some people need their Bibles taken away since they misrepresent them with non-stop fallacies

I won't name names nor reply to the inevitable smart aleck come back
torn between these two:

“Do you understand what you are reading?”
Philip asked.
“How can I,”
he said,
“unless someone explains it to me?”
(Acts 8:30-31)
Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance.
Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them.
(Matthew 13:12)
the hardest person to teach is the vainest one, who thinks they already know everything.
If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.
(John 9:41)

JohnTalmid

Mar 17, 2017
it was a command for the nation of Israel only. it was never commanded for gentiles. we are to take a day of rest, as God the father instituted in the Creation, but non-jews were never under the Sabbath command.
There is one law for you, (Israel) and one law for the sojourner among you.
Yes the gentiles who are among Israel were commended to keep the Sabbath.
Two we are also told to keep the Sabbath day in the renewed covenant writings as well...
(Hebrews 4:9-11)
9 There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10 for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. 11 Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.
Soany have fallen into apostate faith by a false gospel separating the people from the Word of Elohim. Disobedience was rewarded with death and again today disobedience will be.
Remember the Sabbath day. Messiah never claimed to be a day neither did he claim to be the Sabbath. He is Master of a day as He said, "the son of Elohim is the Master of the Sabbath."

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Two we are also told to keep the Sabbath day in the renewed covenant writings as well...
9 There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10 for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. 11 Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.
Soany have fallen into apostate faith by a false gospel separating the people from the Word of Elohim. Disobedience was rewarded with death and again today disobedience will be.
Remember the Sabbath day. Messiah never claimed to be a day neither did he claim to be the Sabbath. He is Master of a day as He said, "the son of Elohim is the Master of the Sabbath."
would you like to discuss what the Talmud says about Jesus, since you use a derivative of it in your screen name ?

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Since he was not able to pay, the Master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.
At this the servant fell on his knees before Him.
‘Be patient with me,’
he begged,
‘and I will pay back everything.’
The servant’s Master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.
(Matthew 18:25-27)
canceled the debt, I like that!

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
and what does the Talmud say about the Messiah? would you care to share that?

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
torn between these two:

“Do you understand what you are reading?”
Philip asked.
“How can I,”
he said,
“unless someone explains it to me?”
(Acts 8:30-31)
Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance.
Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them.
(Matthew 13:12)
the hardest person to teach is the vainest one, who thinks they already know everything.
If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.
(John 9:41)

That's great Post. Though humiliating, the first step is to recognize our own faults and wickedness, our own deceit, let His light expose them.

Self reflection is good.

Good for you.

JohnTalmid

Mar 17, 2017
There are quite a few threads on this topic, and there are also quite a few vocal Sabbatarians around. But the Lord's Day (the first day of the week) has been the Christian sabbath every since the resurrection of Christ.

As to those who scoff at Sunday as being dedicate to the pagan god of the sun, Saturday is also dedicated to the pagan God Saturn, who is far more evil (yet no one scoffs at this!). But this is really a non-issue.
Not true.... No scriptural witness bears witness to what you have spoken...

JohnTalmid

Mar 17, 2017
and what does the Talmud say about the Messiah? would you care to share that?
Why would you ask about Talmudic interpretation?
First thing that comes to mind is the allusion to the Holy One. However much has changed and been slanted against the Holy One in the Talmud. I have more to say about Siddurs than the Talmud.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
That's great Post. Though humiliating, the first step is to recognize our own faults and wickedness, our own deceit, let His light expose them.

Self reflection is good.

Good for you.
Self reflection is good. And let us with an unveiled face look at the glory of the law, of the word, and the Lord. It turns out that when the veil is taken away that the thing that appeared to have Glory before now has no glory compared to that which is now seen.

JohnTalmid

Mar 17, 2017
would you like to discuss what the Talmud says about Jesus, since you use a derivative of it in your screen name ?
You don't know Hebrew... Talmid is student. Talmidah is a female student and Talmidim are students...
Really don't want to get onto the Talmud and rabbinical interpretations. I'm more concerned about what my Master says.