Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Revelation 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Easy Yoke. Most Christians have got the "faith of Christ" down pat. Just need the other part.

Comparatively, notice that for the rich man the requirement was swapped: He kept the commandments since his youth, but lack one more thing, following Christ.

Luke 18:18-22
18 Then a certain ruler asked Him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

19 “Why do you call Me good?” Jesus replied. “No one is good except God alone. You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not bear false witness, honor your father and mother.’ ”

21 “All these have I kept from my youth,” he said.

22 On hearing this, Jesus told him, “You still lack one thing: Sell everything you own and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.”

His obedience to the commandments wasn't mixed with faith in Christ.
You don't follow the Commandment then to not eat blood with meat?

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
Jesus doesn't tell Peter to earn money from fishing to pay the tax, Peter simply finds it in the fish. Is this an instruction for us? If we are a carpenter, do we go perform carpenter work and find money, actual currency, to go pay the tax?

No, it is as you say. we take the general idea of an instruction from Jesus and apply it to our lives. So it is with all of The Commandments. Take the general idea and apply it.
I am not aware of a commandment from God to go find money to pay taxes. How does a thief generally apply the idea of "Thou Shall not steal" into his life? Is there an application of this instruction what would allow this person to continue stealing what was not his? Or is the "general" idea of this commandment to stop stealing.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Is the almighty impotent? Is his power so ineffective that He is unable to complete the task inside? Yah forbid.
that's something you might consider when you meet a believer who doesn't feel compelled by their own heart to observe one day differently than another.

has God failed to write His law on their heart? that you must give them a written command to serve by?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The same reason why Yah covered Adam and Eve with animal skins when they realized they were naked instead of just restoring their glory, is the same reason why the tablet said "do not murder" instead of saying do not hate.

A stony heart (Ezekiel 36:26) can not comprehend the requirements of true love and obedience until it's changed. So Yah had mercy in the mean time and instructed in a way stony hearts could understand until Christ would come.
if this is so why are you talking about a ministry written on tablets of stone as though the true Christian still has an heart of stone?

Mar 28, 2016
ua (Heb) = Week = 7 days = Sabbaton (Greek)
Shabua (Heb) = Week = 7 days

Sabaat (Heb) = rest. Again it is not a time sensitive word it simply means rest with no other meaning added.

If when we do hear his voice and mix faith (believe him nor seen) and harden not our own hearts we have entered His rest (Sabbath). this is any moment of any day as long as today is called today.

The word serves two purposes. One as a ceremonial law to be exercised during cerimonies that as a shadow point to the true substance the Spirit of Christ (no judging shadows) The other has to do with hearing God and not hardening one heart at anytime.

Hebrews 4:1-7 King James Version (KJV) Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

Mathew is simply introduces the new era of sabbaths previously on the last day, today the first day. The day God in the beginning when God said let there be light

Matthew 28 Young's Literal Translation (YLT) And on the eve of the sabbaths, at the dawn, toward the first of the sabbaths, (not week singular) came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulcher,

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
I am not aware of a commandment from God to go find money to pay taxes. How does a thief generally apply the idea of "Thou Shall not steal" into his life? Is there an application of this instruction what would allow this person to continue stealing what was not his? Or is the "general" idea of this commandment to stop stealing.
First let's talk about whether or not there was a commandment to go fishing

go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Jesus tells Peter to do something. If Jesus tell someone to do something how is that not a commandment? How is it that you say you are not aware of a commandment to go fishing?

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
First let's talk about whether or not there was a commandment to go fishing

go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Jesus tells Peter to do something. If Jesus tell someone to do something how is that not a commandment? How is it that you say you are not aware of a commandment to go fishing?

When the Messiah stands beside you in the flesh and instructs you to do something, you should do it. Did the Messiah come down and personally tell you to go fishing? Or was the Messiah speaking to Peter and you took it on yourself to include yourself in the instruction?

Matt. 8:
3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.
4 And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

Will you also take it upon yourself to include this instruction the Messiah gave for the Leper, that was cleansed, on yourself? Or can you understand that this instruction was not for everyone, rather, this individual.

Matt. 10:
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Will you declare another Commandment given by the Christ to all men? Will you also take these Words the Christ spoke of to His Disciples and take them for yourself?

Matt. 11:4 Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:

Will you also take this commandment to yourself and go find all the John's you know and show them what you have seen and Heard?

Luke 22:
10 And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in.
11 And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?

Will you look for a man with a pitcher of water in every town you enter? The Messiah said it, it must be a command for all men.

Luke 19:30 Saying, Go ye into the village over against you; in the which at your entering ye shall find a colt tied, whereon yet never man sat: loose him, and bring him hither.

Will you also take it upon yourself to "go to the village" and find a colt? Or was the Messiah not speaking specifically to you or me?

I would hope that a person who is preaching to others on this forum about God would have at least a slight understanding of instructions given by the Word to mankind, and instructions given specifically to this individual or that.

Hopefully we can move forward to a conversation more worthy the Glory of God, and discussions His Word deserves.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
that's something you might consider when you meet a believer who doesn't feel compelled by their own heart to observe one day differently than another.

has God failed to write His law on their heart? that you must give them a written command to serve by?
The Bible says we know it is God who writes on our hearts, and not another voice, if we are following His Commandments.

1 John 2:
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

If God writes HIS LAWS on our hearts, then we will walk in HIS LAWS as did His Son.

At least, this is what the scriptures say.

Mar 28, 2016
The Bible says we know it is God who writes on our hearts, and not another voice, if we are following His Commandments.

1 John 2:
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

If God writes HIS LAWS on our hearts, then we will walk in HIS LAWS as did His Son.

I would be careful on how we define keep seeing to violate the least of the commandments is to be found guilty of the whole.(eternal separation) The word keep gives us the idea of guarding closely with all of ones heart soul and mind.

Only Christ can keep them without stumbling .He walks perfectly.

We when we deny him in unbelief (no faith) we do stumble .He picks us up calling us to repent.(ease our self) He cannot deny himself if he finished all the work necessary to freely give us salvation

What does it mean for us today, to keep the Sabbath holy? It is still a commandment.....
Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath. IOW , he is the ever present eternal God that gave the command. "Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy."
He also said when he arrived to us as Jesus, the Sabbath was made for man.
What a glorious truth. Decreed in a time when most who were under the old covenant were under whip and command of masters. Their life forfeit at a whim.
One day though was their own. That time away from the task master. When they could worship an be at one with their creator.
Feeling lost, alone, beaten, no future? Find a puddle of water and gaze into it. That image and like~ness is God's creation. From himself we are born.
We are mightier than our enemies, our foes, or our trials and travails.
Sabbath day, traditionally sundown Friday unto sundown Saturday, is our time away from the yoke of man and bondage. Or , 9 to 5.
Our time to situate ourselves and be at one with the ever eternal creative power within and behind all things. Even our woes.
There is no thing that is not of God.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
I would be careful on how we define keep seeing to violate the least of the commandments is to be found guilty of the whole.(eternal separation) The word keep gives us the idea of guarding closely with all of ones heart soul and mind.

Only Christ can keep them without stumbling .He walks perfectly.

We when we deny him in unbelief (no faith) we do stumble .He picks us up calling us to repent.(ease our self) He cannot deny himself if he finished all the work necessary to freely give us salvation

I think you are right about understanding the meaning of Words. For instance "Having God's Commandments" is not the same as "Keeping God's Commandments". And the word "Keep" is opposite of the word "Reject".

John seems to be saying we can know God is the Spirit that influences our heart, writes His Laws on our heart, if we "Keep" (guard, hold fast, maintain, keep the eye on) His Commandments. The Messiah explains.

John 14: 21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep (guard, hold fast, maintain, keep the eye on) , my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

In this way we will know if the Spirit of God, or the spirit of this world has influenced our hearts.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth (guard, hold fast, maintain, keep the eye on) not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

So "keeping and rejecting" are opposites in the same way as doing and NOT doing are opposites. I suppose it can also be said that "slipping and falling" is opposite of "rejecting and ignoring".

And like you said, if we ignore or reject one of God's Holy Commandments, we reject them all.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

1 John 2:

so, the fact that you slander other believers, without visible remorse, tells me what?

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
You don't follow the Commandment then to not eat blood with meat?
Yes I follow that commandment. No I don't eat meat with blood in it. Two reasons why:

Commandments of Yah
Eating meat with blood was part of a pagan act of worshiping false gods (so it's against commandments 1 & 2)

Faith in Christ
Life is in the blood. The life of an animal is in the blood of an animal, and the life of a man is in the blood of a man. When blood is shed it represents death. As redeemed man, the only blood we are to consume is the resurrected blood of Christ's (by dwelling in him and he in us).

John 6:56
He that eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, dwells in me, and I in him.

Are we dead animals or are we resurrected man? We are what we eat.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013

Paul gave written commands.
Peter...
James...
John...
Jude...

But we acknowledge those commands were from Yah.

if this is so why are you talking about a ministry written on tablets of stone as though the true Christian still has an heart of stone?
If it was impossible for a believer to have a heart of stone then Hebrews 3 wouldn't implore the reader to "harden not your hearts".

No saint is perfect (read: "Mature") at the moment of conversion...but that's the goal. First we are saved, and then the law must be written on the heart. The heart must be softened from stone into flesh.

What I'm doing is called admonishment in the process of perfecting the saints unto the perfect man who is Christ. Paul explains this process several times in his letters. Yah USES members of the body to perfect members of the body, but it's all His work.

Psalm 94:12
Blessed is the man You discipline, O LORD, and teach from Your law,

Ephesians 4:11
And it was He who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for works of ministry, to build up the body of Christ, until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God, as we mature to the full measure of the stature of Christ.

14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed about by the waves and carried around by every wind of teaching and by the clever cunning of men in their deceitful scheming.

15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into Christ Himself, who is the head

Hebrews 12:6
For the Lord disciplines the one He loves, and He chastises everyone He receives as a son.”

Revelation 3:19
Those I love, I rebuke and discipline. Therefore be earnest and repent.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
so, the fact that you slander other believers, without visible remorse, tells me what?
I disagree on a lot of things you preach and say. This is just another thing you say that I don't agree with. Nevertheless, whether I am guilty in your eyes or not will have no bearing when you give account of yourself to God, as we all will. Nor does your opinion of me have any bearing on the validity and truthfulness of the scriptures.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I disagree on a lot of things you preach and say. This is just another thing you say that I don't agree with. Nevertheless, whether I am guilty in your eyes or not will have no bearing when you give account of yourself to God, as we all will. Nor does your opinion of me have any bearing on the validity and truthfulness of the scriptures.
" hahaha. cry me a river! do you have pictures of starving children to show me next! "

your words in response to me telling you about a young lady coming to faith in Christ after a failed suicide attempt,

so, when you think about giving an account to God, you might want to remember these words. He will.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
When the Messiah stands beside you in the flesh and instructs you to do something, you should do it. Did the Messiah come down and personally tell you to go fishing? Or was the Messiah speaking to Peter and you took it on yourself to include yourself in the instruction?

Matt. 8:
3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.
4 And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

Will you also take it upon yourself to include this instruction the Messiah gave for the Leper, that was cleansed, on yourself? Or can you understand that this instruction was not for everyone, rather, this individual.

Matt. 10:
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Will you declare another Commandment given by the Christ to all men? Will you also take these Words the Christ spoke of to His Disciples and take them for yourself?

Matt. 11:4 Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:

Will you also take this commandment to yourself and go find all the John's you know and show them what you have seen and Heard?

Luke 22:
10 And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in.
11 And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?

Will you look for a man with a pitcher of water in every town you enter? The Messiah said it, it must be a command for all men.

Luke 19:30 Saying, Go ye into the village over against you; in the which at your entering ye shall find a colt tied, whereon yet never man sat: loose him, and bring him hither.

Will you also take it upon yourself to "go to the village" and find a colt? Or was the Messiah not speaking specifically to you or me?

I would hope that a person who is preaching to others on this forum about God would have at least a slight understanding of instructions given by the Word to mankind, and instructions given specifically to this individual or that.

Hopefully we can move forward to a conversation more worthy the Glory of God, and discussions His Word deserves.
I believe you brought up the idea of following Jesus' instructions here in post 824
"If a person does more than just "Hear" His Word's, and takes a leap of Faith and "does" what He instructs, as opposed to find excuses NOT to "do" what He says, then He has promised to "manifest" Him self to this person."

now you say
"Did the Messiah come down and personally tell you to go fishing? Or was the Messiah speaking to Peter and you took it on yourself to include yourself in the instruction?"
that was my point all along. Some instructions that Jesus gives are for all of us, some are only for certain people or a certain person.

So you can't simply take something that he tells the Rich Young Ruler, for example, and say that it applies to all people.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Yes I follow that commandment. No I don't eat meat with blood in it. Two reasons why:

Commandments of Yah
Eating meat with blood was part of a pagan act of worshiping false gods (so it's against commandments 1 & 2)

Faith in Christ
Life is in the blood. The life of an animal is in the blood of an animal, and the life of a man is in the blood of a man. When blood is shed it represents death. As redeemed man, the only blood we are to consume is the resurrected blood of Christ's (by dwelling in him and he in us).

John 6:56
He that eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, dwells in me, and I in him.

Are we dead animals or are we resurrected man? We are what we eat.
drinking blood was part of the worship of false gods, probably still is somewhere. but so was drinking alcohol and having sex. do you refuse to do those as well?

"As redeemed man, the only blood we are to consume is the resurrected blood of Christ's (by dwelling in him and he in us)."

where is this commandment given? I thought the saying that we are what we eat was folk wisdom. is it in the scriptures as well?

if you get a blood transfusion, is it now that someone else is living inside of you, in your veins, along with you? or is that blood actually just a collection of chemicals?

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011

Do you find it strange that those who are absolutely certain they should work at the 10 commandments can't attain to what they command?

But those who don't rely on their work at the 10 commandments and instead abide in Christ do attain to what the law commands...

It doesn't make any sense to the carnal mind, the legalist, the judaizer, the pharisee....

Romans 9:30-33
30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Aren't these scriptures crystal clear??

Are we in danger from having faith in Christ alone and not working at the law?

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

No. We aren't in danger. Our faith in Christ alone and not our ability and understanding is what establishes the law.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
1 John 5:2-3, "By this we know that we love the children of Yah, when we love Yah and guard His commands. For this is the love for Yah, that we guard His commands, and His commands are not heavy."