Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
John 4:
22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Rom. 11:
16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches. (Are these not the examples of Faith)
17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, (Gentile) wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Rom. 2:
28 For he is not a Jew,(Israelite) which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew,(Israelite) which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Is. 56:1 Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.
2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;

Passover is also part of this "Covenant". I don't believe a man can bypass Passover, and go into Heaven another way. I think we must "Deny our self" and take Hold of His Covenant with Israel. So then we too, can be grafted in AMONG THEM, and become like them inwardly. Not like those who rejected His Word because of unbelief and were broken off, but those who continued in the Goodness of God and HIS Love. Chapter 11 of Hebrews speaks of the Faithful "branches".

Paul explains.

Rom. 11:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

I don't believe there is another way into the Kingdom.

Zech. 8:23 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.
If by take hold of his Covenant with Israel you mean be born again like Jesus talked about in John chapter 3 and follow Jesus instructions that were intended for us and the instructions that he gave through his apostles intended for us, then sure I say a big amen!

I think that would be being part of the Israel of God.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
John 4:
22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Rom. 11:
16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches. (Are these not the examples of Faith)
17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, (Gentile) wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Rom. 2:
28 For he is not a Jew,(Israelite) which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew,(Israelite) which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Is. 56:1 Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.
2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;

Passover is also part of this "Covenant". I don't believe a man can bypass Passover, and go into Heaven another way. I think we must "Deny our self" and take Hold of His Covenant with Israel. So then we too, can be grafted in AMONG THEM, and become like them inwardly. Not like those who rejected His Word because of unbelief and were broken off, but those who continued in the Goodness of God and HIS Love. Chapter 11 of Hebrews speaks of the Faithful "branches".

Paul explains.

Rom. 11:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

I don't believe there is another way into the Kingdom.

Zech. 8:23 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.
I very much agree that we should continue in God's goodness! Who would disagree with that? That to me sounds like walking in the spirit, growing the Fruit of the Spirit!

I know that we are grafted into Israel, but I'm not sure if that means that every place that the Bible says the word Jew it can also refer to us. In fact I would kind of think not.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

So you don't believe the Messiah is an immortal God?
We shall be like him, we shall not be him in every respect.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
your position implies you believe it is the traditions of men which became flesh and was nailed to a cross.
Once you were alienated from God and were hostile in your minds because of your evil deeds. But now He has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy, unblemished, and blameless in His presence — if indeed you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope of the gospel you heard
(Colossians 1:21-23)

the Word of God is against those who are hostile to Him and alienated from Him.
that's us, before being transformed by Him through faith in His work.
we have peace with God because the Word became flesh and was crucified. that very work.
not because some completely non-binding and totally human-originated traditions were made flesh and nailed to a cross.
No, it was the Word of God which was condemned by the Mainstream Preachers of His Time and crucified. But He didn't stay dead, He Rose from the Dead. So the Word of God is still alive to this Day. He didn't Blot Himself out, nor was the Word of God against men.

Their Law could not hold Him. God's Law ruled the day. "the wages of sin is death". He didn't sin, therefore their condemnation of Him did not stand.

He made a show of "THEM openly, not His Father. It was their Law and judgment that condemned Him, and the Gentiles. Not God's Law.

You imply that the Word of God killed Himself because He was against us. And even if this is true, He Rose from the dead so the Word of God didn't remain "blotted out".

You say: "we have peace with God because the Word became flesh and was crucified"

But He isn't dead, He is Alive.

Rom. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

The Word of God which became Flesh did not blot Himself out.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
I very much agree that we should continue in God's goodness! Who would disagree with that? That to me sounds like walking in the spirit, growing the Fruit of the Spirit!

I know that we are grafted into Israel, but I'm not sure if that means that every place that the Bible says the word Jew it can also refer to us. In fact I would kind of think not.
Rom. 12:
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I suppose it would be wise to question religious traditions of man rather than defend them.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
but, since gentiles were never under the Law, they ( myself included ) were never told to keep it.

see, Jesus said " whosoever believes in Me shall have eternal life, he who does not believe is condemned ".

nothing about Sabbath keeping.
Isaiah 56:1-7, “Thus said יהוה, “Guard right-ruling, and do righteousness, for near is My deliverance to come, and My righteousness to be revealed. Blessed is the man who does this, and the son of man who becomes strong in it, guarding the Sabbath lest he profane it, and guarding his hand from doing any evil. And let not the son of the gentile who has joined himself to יהוה speak, saying, ‘יהוה has certainly separated me from His people,’ nor let the eunuch say, ‘Look I am a dry tree.’ For thus said יהוה, “To the eunuchs who guard My Sabbaths, and have chosen what pleases Me, and are holding onto My covenant: to them I shall give in My house and within My walls a place and a name better than that of sons and daughters – I give them an everlasting name that is not cut off. Also the sons of the gentile who join themselves to יהוה, to serve Him, and to love the Name of יהוה, to be His servants, all who guard the Sabbath, and not profane it, and are holding onto My covenant, them I shall bring to My set-apart mountain, and let them rejoice in My house of prayer. Their ascending offerings and their sacrifices are accepted on My altar, for My house is called a house of prayer for all the peoples.”

John 3:36, “He who believes in the Son possesses everlasting life, but he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of Yah remains on him.”

Also there is nothing about murder in that verse you posted so is that ok now? No of courese not, yet this lack of condemming murder in the verse you uoted is not proof againt the Commandment...

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
pretty sure He can remember something & keep it holy without any ceremony, too.

He it is, that remembers man.
that's what the man crucified next to our Lord asked of Him.
He it is, that makes holy.
that's what the sabbath was meant to teach Israel, and that's what our Lord did for that man who asked to be remembered. :)
It's funny how you call it "ceremony" to lessen the importance, YHWH is the one one made it.Commanded it and says it will be kept ion the Eternal Kingdomhonestly you are even trying to find reasons to ignore it's being kept in the Kingdom when it clearly stes in Isa 66 that it will be kept..,

Seems man is the one who can't "remember"

Exodus 20:8-11, “Remember the Sabbath day, to set it apart. Six days you labour, and shall do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of יהוה your Strength. You do not do any work – you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days יהוה made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore יהוה blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart.”

And the Sabbath was just as much for non-blood Israylties:

Isaiah 56:1-7, “Thus said יהוה, “Guard right-ruling, and do righteousness, for near is My deliverance to come, and My righteousness to be revealed. Blessed is the man who does this, and the son of man who becomes strong in it, guarding the Sabbath lest he profane it, and guarding his hand from doing any evil. And let not the son of the gentile who has joined himself to יהוה speak, saying, ‘יהוה has certainly separated me from His people,’ nor let the eunuch say, ‘Look I am a dry tree.’ For thus said יהוה, “To the eunuchs who guard My Sabbaths, and have chosen what pleases Me, and are holding onto My covenant: to them I shall give in My house and within My walls a place and a name better than that of sons and daughters – I give them an everlasting name that is not cut off. Also the sons of the gentile who join themselves to יהוה, to serve Him, and to love the Name of יהוה, to be His servants, all who guard the Sabbath, and not profane it, and are holding onto My covenant, them I shall bring to My set-apart mountain, and let them rejoice in My house of prayer. Their ascending offerings and their sacrifices are accepted on My altar, for My house is called a house of prayer for all the peoples.”

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Speak to the people of Israel, saying, On the fifteenth day of this seventh month and for seven days is the Feast of Booths to the Lord. On the first day shall be a holy convocation; you shall not do any ordinary work. For seven days you shall present food offerings to the Lord. On the eighth day you shall hold a holy convocation and present a food offering to the Lord. It is a solemn assembly; you shall not do any ordinary work.
(Leviticus 23:34-36)

in this feast, if the 1st day, which is the 15th day of the month, is a seventh, the 8th day of the feast is also.
and on that 1st day and on that 8th day the work that is done is no ordinary work :)

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
I see what you're saying. Well, one would think that the complete Jewish Bible would be the closest to the Hebrew, but the problem is that Jewish people today don't say the Divine name, I believe. I think the Mesa retic text has the Divine name doing the speaking.

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/psalms/110-1.htm
We're speaking of the time of the OT. Not the Jews of today who don't accept Messiah.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
actually looking at it again I see that it says the Covenant is with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. I think that's interesting, I can't think of a place where New Testament believers are included in that kind of phrasing, the house of Israel and the house of Judah.
SO then how do you believe there is any Covenant with any Gentile? Hebrew makes it clear the Covenant spoken of in Jer 31 is the Covenant in Messiah;s blood, yet you exclude "NT" believers...

Jeremiah 31:31-40,31 “See, the days are coming,” declares יהוה, “when I shall make a renewed covenant with the house of Yisra’ĕl and with the house of Yehuḏah, (Heb 8:8-12, Heb 10:16-17) "32 not like the covenant I made with their fathers in the day when I strengthened their hand to bring them out of the land of Mitsrayim, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them,” declares יהוה. 33 “For this is the covenant I shall make with the house of Yisra’ĕl after those days, declares יהוה: I shall put My Torah in their inward parts, and write it on their hearts. And I shall be their Elohim, and they shall be My people."34 “And no longer shall they teach, each one his neighbor, and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know יהוה,’ for they shall all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares יהוה. “For I shall forgive their crookedness, and remember their sin no more.”"35 Thus said יהוה, who gives the sun for a light by day, and the laws of the moon and the stars for a light by night, who stirs up the sea, and its waves roar – יהוה of hosts is His Name:"36 “If these laws vanish from before Me,” declares יהוה, “then the seed of Yisra’ĕl shall also cease from being a nation before Me forever.”"37 Thus said יהוה, “If the heavens above could be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I would also cast off all the seed of Yisra’ĕl for all that they have done,” declares יהוה."38 “See, the days are coming,” declares יהוה, “that the city shall be built for יהוה from the Tower of Ḥanan’ĕl to the Corner Gate."39 “And the measuring line shall again extend straight ahead to the hill Garĕḇ, then it shall turn toward Go‛ah."40 “And all the valley of the dead bodies and of the ashes, and all the fields as far as the wadi Qiḏron, to the corner of the Horse Gate toward the east, is to be set-apart to יהוה. It shall not be plucked up or thrown down any more forever.”

Hebrews 10:14-19,, “For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are being set apart. And the Set-apart Spirit also witnesses to us, for after having said before, This is the covenant that I shall make with them after those days, says יהוה, giving My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I shall write them, (Jer 31:33)” and, “Their sins and their lawlessness I shall remember no more. (Jer 31:34)” Now where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer a slaughter offering for sin. So, brothers, having boldness to enter into the Set-apart Place by the blood of יהושע.”

So even though it's quoted word for word and explained in the following verses of Hebrews (10:18-19) as the Covenant in the blood of Messiah, you say no? SO according to you Gentiles would have no part in the Covenant in Messiah;s blood if you say this... If you look to ROmans 9 you will also see in Psalm 105 the COvenant with Israyl is the same covenant made with Abraham...

What do you mean by "Gentiles that keep the Passover (Yahshua) "? How does one Keep Jesus in the sense that one keeps the Passover? Are you saying that Jesus is identical with the Passover? That everything true about the Passover is true about Jesus and vice versa?
In ancient Israyl Gentiles who kept the Passover to YHWH were a part of the Covenant and as the nativeborn:

Exodus 12:47-49, “All the congregation of Israel shall keep it. And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the Passover to יהוה, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof. One law shall be to him that is nativeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourns among you.”

How does one enter the Covenant spoken of in Hebrews 10 and Jer 31? By accepting the Messiah, who is the true Passover Lamb:

1 Peter/Kepha 1:18, “knowing that you were redeemed from your futile way of life inherited from your fathers, not with what is corruptible, silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Messiah, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless.”

Paul speaks about the covenants of promise, and Covenants is plural there. So which covenants would those be, the covenants of promise? Is there more than one Covenant of promise sealed with Christ blood? I don't know, I'm finding this interesting to explore!
Very vauge statement, you would have to give an exact passage so the greek can be consulted. But since I know Paul's writings well, I can easily look at this:

Romans 9:6-8, "However, it is not as though YHWH's plan had failed. For it is not everyone who is a descendant of Yisra’yl who belongs to Yisra’yl. Nor, just because they are his descendants, are they all Abraham's children; but: In Isaac will your seed be called. That is, it is not those who are the children of the flesh who are YHWH's children; but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's seed."

Paul is saying one does not have to be blood Israyl to be ab Israylite... just like

Exodus 12:47-49, “All the congregation of Israel shall keep it. And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the Passover to יהוה, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof. One law shall be to him that is nativeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourns among you.”

and if we consoder his statement about "Abraham's seed" we can look to the word and see the Covenant made with Abraham is the same one made to Israyl, and Hebrews 10 shows us this is indeed the covenant in Messiah;s blood.

Psalms 105:6-10, “O seed of Aḇraham His servant, Children of Ya‛aqoḇ, His chosen ones! He is יהוה our Strength; His right-rulings are in all the earth. He has remembered His covenant forever, The Word He commanded, for a thousand generations, The covenant He made with Aḇraham, And His oath to Yitsḥaq, And established it to Ya‛aqoḇ for a law, To Yisra’yl – an everlasting covenant.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Psalm 89 and 105 do talk about Covenants. Which Covenant or covenants are they talking about? Is it the Covenant that God made with Israel on the day they came out of Egypt?
If you want to ignore what is written yes, if you want to accept what is written no. The passage startes with: "He has remembered His covenant forever, The Word He commanded, for a thousand generations, The covenant He made with Aḇraham" He made the Covenant WITH Abraham, Abraham was alive and died before the eoxdus from Egypt...

Psalms 105:6-10, “O seed of Aḇraham His servant, Children of Ya‛aqoḇ, His chosen ones! He is יהוה our Strength; His right-rulings are in all the earth. He has remembered His covenant forever, The Word He commanded, for a thousand generations, The covenant He made with Aḇraham, And His oath to Yitsḥaq, And established it to Ya‛aqoḇ for a law, To Yisra’yl – an everlasting covenant.”

Is the Israel that is talked about in Psalm 105 verse 10 the nation or the person? From the context it sounds like the person because it also talks about Abraham and Isaac as people. Jeremiah 31 talks about the house of Israel and the house of Judah, sounding like the nation.
Wow... just wow...

the bolded words taking about the Messiah:

Psalm 89:26-37, “He will call out to Me; ‘You are My Father, O YHWH! You are the Rock of My salvation!’ And I will make Him My firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. My mercy I will keep for Him forever and My covenant will stand fast with Him. And I will establish His Seed forever, and His throne will be as the days of heaven. Should His children forsake My Law, and refuse to walk in My judgments; Should they profane My statutes, and fail to keep My commandments; Then I will punish their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with lashes from the whip. Nevertheless, My lovingkindness I will not utterly withdraw from Him, nor will I ever betray My faithfulness. My covenant I will not break, nor will I change what has gone out of My lips. Once for all, I have vowed by My holiness, I cannot lie, and I say to David; His Seed will endure forever, and His throne will endure before Me like the sun. His throne will be established forever like the moon: the faithful witness in the sky.”

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
pretty sure He can remember something & keep it holy without any ceremony, too.
God gave Sabbath after creation. Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.
Perhaps you shouldn't argue against Sabbath when your posting demonstrates you know nothing about it. And have no respect for God when presuming to speak the blasphemy that as to what He can do without respect for the Sabbath day He created for us to honor him. Post human? That means dead. A human in skeletal state praying is wasting their time. Asking forgiveness and entering into Christ's covenant happens while flesh is on bone.
Just an observation about the theme that seems to run in your posts and how the profile picture that is to represent the one who writes them in spirit or idea coalesce.
Not even coming close to saying I accuse you of not being a Christian here. Just to be clear for the report happy button punchers.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
I'm not sure what you're getting at here in this post.

I do know that Jesus says until Heaven and Earth pass away, and then till all is fulfilled, and he says he came to fulfill the law and the prophets. Now did he succeed in fulfilling the law and the prophets in his coming? Or did he mean he came to make a start at fulfilling the law and the prophets and he'll finish it up later?

Note to that it's law and Prophets, not prophecies.
Again wow, so the prophets do not include the prophecies they make? LOL!

What did the prophets write? Is everything they wrote fulfilled? No there are hundreds of prophecies about the Messiah's return that have not yet been completed...

When Yahshua stood up in the synagogue and read from Isaiah, why did he stop where he did?

Because that was the part He fulfilled in His first coming:

Luke 4:17-21, “And the scroll of the prophet Yeshayahu was handed to Him. And having unrolled the scroll, He found the place where it was written: “The Spirit of יהוה is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to bring the Good News to the poor. He has sent Me to heal the broken-hearted, to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to send away crushed ones with a release, to proclaim the acceptable year of יהוה.” (Isa 61:1-3) And having rolled up the scroll, He gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all in the congregation were fixed upon Him. And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been filled in your hearing.”

Fulfilled already - To be fulfilled in the future

Isaiah 61:1-11, "61:1, “The Spirit of the Master יהוה is upon Me, because יהוה has anointed Me to bring good news to the meek. He has sent Me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim release to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound,"61:2, "to proclaim the acceptable year of יהוה, and the day of vengeance of our Mighty One, to comfort all who mourn,"61:3, "to appoint unto those who mourn in Tsiyon: to give them embellishment for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. And they shall be called trees of righteousness, a planting of יהוה, to be adorned."61:4, "And they shall rebuild the old ruins, raise up the former wastes. And they shall restore the ruined cities, the wastes of many generations."61:5, "And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the foreigner be your plowmen and your vine dressers."61:6, "But you shall be called, ‘Priests of יהוה,’ ‘Servants of our Mighty One’ shall be said of you. You shall consume the strength of the nations, and boast in their esteem."61:7, "Instead of your shame and reproach, they rejoice a second time in their portion. Therefore they take possession a second time in their land, everlasting joy is theirs."61:8, "“For I, יהוה, love right-ruling; I hate robbery for ascending offering. And I shall give their reward in truth, and make an everlasting covenant with them."61:9, "“And their seed shall be known among the nations, and their offspring in the midst of the peoples. All who see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed יהוה has blessed.”"61:10, "I greatly rejoice in יהוה, my being exults in my Mighty One. For He has put garments of deliverance on me, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels."61:11, "For as the earth brings forth its bud, as the garden causes the seed to shoot up, so the Master יהוה causes righteousness and praise to shoot up before all the nations!”

and to show you you prophets without their prophecies doctrine is false:

Luke 24:44-46, “And He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all have to be fulfilled that were written in the Law, the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me. Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, and said to them, “Thus it has been written, and so it was necessary for the Messiah to suffer and to rise again from the dead the third day.”

all.

There are 2 "it is done" statements...

Fulfilled already
John 19:30, “So when יהושע took the sour wine He said, It is done!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.”

Fulfilled already:
1. Passover/First-fruits – Yahshua's Sacrifice(Passover), burial and resurrection (First Fruits – presenting Himself to YHWH)
2. Feast of Unleavened Bread – Removal of sin by Yahshua's perfect work as the Passover Sacrifice
3. Feast of Weeks – The blessing Holy Spirit of YHWH, coming into our lives stronger than ever

To be fulfilled in the future:
4. Feast of Trumpets – Yahshua's return and gathering of the Saints
5. Day of Atonement – Yahshua leads the army of YHWH to destroy evil rulers of this world and satan is chained for 1,000 years
6. Feast of Tabernacles – Yahshua dwells on earth for 1,000 years teaching truth and righteousness
7. The Last Great Day – satan is loosed and swiftly destroyed, the Kingdom of YHWH reigns forever

To be fulfilled in the future
Revelation 21:4-8, “And Yah shall wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, nor mourning, nor crying. And there shall be no more pain, for the former matters have passed away. And He who was sitting on the throne said, “See, I make all matters new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and trustworthy. And He said to me, It is done! I am the ‘Aleph’ and the ‘Taw’, the Beginning and the End. To the one who thirsts I shall give of the fountain of the water of life without payment. The one who overcomes shall inherit all this, and I shall be his Strength and he shall be My son. But as for the cowardly, and untrustworthy, and abominable, and murderers, and those who whore, and drug sorcerers, and idolaters, and all the false, their part is in the lake which burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.”

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Just my curiosity. I wonder as I visit a number of Christian discussion sites on the net if the members who engage in discussions about Apologetics and the Bible actually spend time to study either topic? Or if they just jump in thinking to argue what they think in those areas of study and without actually knowing all that much.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
I think the priests in the temple did break the law on the Sabbath, by doing their Priestly duties.
Matthew 12: 5. Or is it not said in the law, how the Sabbath is broken by the priests in the Temple and they do no wrong?
You are isolating, bacause if you take that at face value you have a contradiction:

Mat 12:12, "And how much more valuable is a man than a sheep? Therefore, it is Lawful to do righteousness on the Sabbath."

Lawful does not mean profane. Yahshua was posing a uestiong to the prahisees from their own twisted logic.

So, I think we agree then that the Sabbath and I would think that any commandment can be broken if it helps someone else. I believe your question was would there ever be a time when it would be necessary to break a commandment in order to love your neighbor, or something along those lines.

And yes! Do not abolish the law, establish it! And establish it by going about it and keeping it the way Jesus instructed through his apostles!
The purpose of the Sabbath is to do YHWH will, doing His will in any form is not "breaking the Sabbath" it is the intent for one to cease from their own works Ex 20 and do Yah;s works Isa 56...

Now this can be used to do Yah;s will or as a cloak for evil... As Peter says let us not use our freedom for evil but lets be doulos to the Messiah...

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Post human? That means dead. A human in skeletal state praying is wasting their time. Asking forgiveness and entering into Christ's covenant happens while flesh is on bone.
"post-" is a prefix which means "after"

for neither circumcision counts for anything,
nor uncircumcision,
but a new creation.
(Galatians 6:15)
if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.
The old has passed away; behold! the new has come!
(2 Corinthians 5:17)
and you hath He quickened, who were dead
(Ephesians 2:1)
he believed in God,
Who gives life to the dead
and calls things into existence that do not exist.
(Romans 4:17)

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
"post-" is a prefix which means "after"

for neither circumcision counts for anything,
nor uncircumcision,
but a new creation.
(Galatians 6:15)
if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.
The old has passed away; behold! the new has come!
(2 Corinthians 5:17)
and you hath He quickened, who were dead
(Ephesians 2:1)
he believed in God,
Who gives life to the dead
and calls things into existence that do not exist.
(Romans 4:17)
I don't read what is not credited to the original source. Thou shalt not steal.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I don't read what is not credited to the original source. Thou shalt not steal.
lol who do you imagine is the "source" when scripture is quoted?

do you doubt?

you don't see whether a source has been cited if you don't read at all.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
It's funny how you call it "ceremony" to lessen the importance, YHWH is the one one made it.Commanded it and says it will be kept ion the Eternal Kingdomhonestly you are even trying to find reasons to ignore it's being kept in the Kingdom when it clearly stes in Isa 66 that it will be kept..,

Seems man is the one who can't "remember"

Exodus 20:8-11, “Remember the Sabbath day, to set it apart. Six days you labour, and shall do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of יהוה your Strength. You do not do any work – you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days יהוה made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore יהוה blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart.”

And the Sabbath was just as much for non-blood Israylties:

verse 7. you left out BURNT offerings. are you still going to the temple in to offer lambs and bulls and goats and birds and grain to be burnt on the Alter as a soothing aroma?

or do you trust the Son for salvation ??