Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Karraster

Sounds like you are saying you see David as not guilty, but God punished him. We all stand guilty before a holy and righteous God, but there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus, for we are washed in the blood of the Passover Lamb, having put on His righteousness. I don't see where anyone acknowledging that David was a sinner in need of God's grace means they are going to use that as an excuse to sin. We are all sinners in need of God's saving grace.
I must have missed where Studyman said David was not guilty. Where is that post?

Also, I'm curious....are your riderless winged horses of a Pegasus theme? and the fairy ladies? Are those supposed to be angels? Because the descriptions I've read of angels from scripture are anything but sensual Barbie doll looking creatures. Just sayin....

K

Karraster

All the Holy days are about the Christ. Some have been fulfilled, like Passover, and some have not. We are instructed by the Christ to continue to observe, in remembrance of this Shadow, even after it has been fulfilled. Remembering one while rejecting the others is not wise, IMO. I have yet to find where the "New Covenant" has anything to do with the annulment of God's laws, rather, How His Laws are administered, (He writes them on our heart) and how sins are forgiven. (His Blood) I can't find where the Christ teaches to reject God's definition of Holy, and replace it with man's definition of Holy. I don't believe it exists in the Bible, just the minds of religious man.

This same Christ, as the Word of God, also said to remember this.

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

The Holy Days of the Christ are not a huge celebration in Mainstream Christianity. Easter is. Christmas is, even Halloween. But not the Feasts the Christ calls "My Feasts", certainly not Feast of Unleavened bread or the rest.

While is it true that these "HOLY" Days of the Christ are a "shadow" of things to come, they are from the Christ. They are created by Him for us. He is the substance, they are about Him, that is why He said they would be here as long as heaven and earth are here.

In contrast, there are many High Days of Mainstream Christianity which are a shadow of nothing to come, and were not created by the Christ, but by religious man.

I believe the entire Bible warns and gives examples of listening to "Another Voice" besides the Word of God.

In my view Passover without Feast of Unleavened bread is like Faith without Works.
Great post. thank you for contending for the faith and doing so with patience.

It was asked of you several pages ago what do you get out of observing Sabbath. What do we get out of obedience? It's a closer walk, isn't it? It's striving always to be pleasing in His sight, and growing more and more to be like Him. First He died for atonement of our sins, and then we willingly follow Him, His commands, and it is written that is the least we can do! I don't understand why any Christian does not delight in His Law His instructions are perfect and there is a blessing in following after righteousness. It's silly how some talk about sacrifices....stoning...as if they cannot read scripture that clearly states what has changed about the law, and acknowledge where the provisions are already in place for those changes.

Sabbath is a rehearsal for when our Bridegroom returns, and we will have that long awaited millennial rest. Jesus taught how to pray...""give us this day our daily bread..." what does that remind you of? The daily manna, Yeshuah is our daily manna, and also His Words should resonate with us n this prayer as we have heard Him say it before/elsewhere in scripture. And it was Himself speaking in the Old Testament as well, He is the Word. To Almighty God be the glory.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Great post. thank you for contending for the faith and doing so with patience.

It was asked of you several pages ago what do you get out of observing Sabbath. What do we get out of obedience? It's a closer walk, isn't it? It's striving always to be pleasing in His sight, and growing more and more to be like Him. First He died for atonement of our sins, and then we willingly follow Him, His commands, and it is written that is the least we can do! I don't understand why any Christian does not delight in His Law His instructions are perfect and there is a blessing in following after righteousness. It's silly how some talk about sacrifices....stoning...as if they cannot read scripture that clearly states what has changed about the law, and acknowledge where the provisions are already in place for those changes.

Sabbath is a rehearsal for when our Bridegroom returns, and we will have that long awaited millennial rest. Jesus taught how to pray...""give us this day our daily bread..." what does that remind you of? The daily manna, Yeshuah is our daily manna, and also His Words should resonate with us n this prayer as we have heard Him say it before/elsewhere in scripture. And it was Himself speaking in the Old Testament as well, He is the Word. To Almighty God be the glory.
A rehearsal.

That is exactly what it is.

But it was a rehearsal for ancient Israel to recognize their Messiah. Their King. Salvation.

But all that rehearsal didn't help them.

Just like rehearsal doesn't really help anyone now. Especially since the Lord Jesus Christ already gives us Rest from our work at our own Righteousness.

K

Karraster

Jesus/Yeshuah knew His followers would be observing Sabbath long after He had fulfilled what was written of Him and went away, for He prophesied...

"And pray that your flight will not be in winter or on the Sabbath." Matthew 24:20

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Jesus/Yeshuah knew His followers would be observing Sabbath long after He had fulfilled what was written of Him and went away, for He prophesied...

"And pray that your flight will not be in winter or on the Sabbath." Matthew 24:20
Mark did not say Sabbath in his Gospel. Mark wrote His Gospel primarily for the greeks, who, of course, being gentiles , were never told to keep the Sabbath.

Israel only had the law.

K

Karraster

Mark did not say Sabbath in his Gospel. Mark wrote His Gospel primarily for the greeks, who, of course, being gentiles , were never told to keep the Sabbath.

Israel only had the law.
"Us and Them" is not of the family of Christ. He tore down the partition, why are you trying to build it back up?
So then you are no longer strangers and aliens,d but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, 21in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. 22In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God bye the Spirit

Foundation of the apostles and prophets???? hmmmm, sounds like using those 2 sets of guys may mean they were in agreement? gee, could it be? :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I must have missed where Studyman said David was not guilty. Where is that post?

Also, I'm curious....are your riderless winged horses of a Pegasus theme? and the fairy ladies? Are those supposed to be angels? Because the descriptions I've read of angels from scripture are anything but sensual Barbie doll looking creatures. Just sayin....
Perhaps you need to re-read what I actually said.

One of the animals I use most often in my graphics are equids. Do you think they should have a rider? I don't. I do not use fairies in my Scripture templates. It is funny, but when I look at many of the "angels" I have used, they do not resemble sensual Barbie doll looking creatures at all, as you perceive them. Just last night I was looking for a more male representative, hopefully with a sword (for a specific graphic), and realized again how scarce they are. The one I did find looked like a manga drawing, so I went with something else instead: a stone statue. I have used stone statues in my graphics before, too, and they also do not look anything like sensuous Barbie doll creatures. Just sayin :)

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
"Us and Them" is not of the family of Christ. He tore down the partition, why are you trying to build it back up?
So then you are no longer strangers and aliens,d but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, 21in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. 22In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God bye the Spirit

Foundation of the apostles and prophets???? hmmmm, sounds like using those 2 sets of guys may mean they were in agreement? gee, could it be? :)
gentiles were never under the Law. Mark's Gospel does not mention the Sabbath as Matthew did. Matthew was primarily for jews.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
He tore down the partition, why are you trying to build it back up?
it is the separation of the shadow from the substance which is the veil. seeing that He has hidden us within Himself, so that in Him we do enter boldly into the most holy place, to judge as unclean the ones He has made clean by the declaration of His word is to deny the power of His salvation, trading it for a mere form of godliness, to wit, a shadow - and it is written, to this day a veil remains over their hearts whenever Moses is read.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
I believe it is wrong to disobey God.
We're on the same page there!

And we also know that the coming of Jesus changed how the law is kept, more importantly changed how the law is fulfilled!

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
"do you embrace wickedness 6 days a week and sanctify yourself by ceasing for one?"

Maybe I'm just tired of your BS.
I think profanity, and abbreviations of profanity, are inappropriate when Christians are meeting.

Like what it says in Ephesians 4, let what precedes out of our mouths and fingers be helpful for building others up.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014

I think that prophecy definitely has to do with a particular time and place. For example, what should Christians in India do? Pray that it occurs during monsoon season or not?

The people that Jesus is talking to have no idea that the seasons are reversed south of the Equator. But he says pray that this not occur during winter. Do people in Australia pray that this not occur in July, while people in the northern hemisphere pray that it does occur in July?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I think profanity, and abbreviations of profanity, are inappropriate when Christians are meeting.

Like what it says in Ephesians 4, let what precedes out of our mouths and fingers be helpful for building others up.
that's o.k. dan. studyman is not a Christian . he does not think that faith in Christ is enough to save. he only sees Christ as Messiah, and Heavenly High Priest.

he is not into the Lord and Savior part.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
In the conversation I was having with a person, not you, there was no mention of "mercy" or "Grace",
that's a lie.

it was in fact my whole point - that David received grace, Nathan saying his sins were removed.
David did evil in the sight of the Lord, and the law (which David was under) provides no mercy whatsoever for the sin he committed: the law requires him to be physically put to death.
the law therefore was set aside in the grace of God in this case. that was how this began, because studydude had said there was nothing in the OT presaging the setting aside of the law. i brought up the subject of the wickedness of David in this matter and the removal of his sin because this exactly the thing dude had said doesn't exist, and moreover because this is a figure of the work of Christ - for his sin was not covered by blood, as in the sacrifice of the law ((tho in the law there is no sacrifice for these sins)), but his sin was taken away. thus is only possible if God had set the law aside in His mercy toward David, and nothing satisfies the demand of His holy justice in this matter but the work of Jesus Himself.

grace, mercy, the Lord Jesus the Christ

but dude would have none of it. he saw only confusion and hatred, lied about me and falsely accused me, hating me and the testimony of the Crucified Lamb of God which takes away the sin of the world - as he now continues to do.

i forgive him though he does not repent. i think he has no idea what he is saying and doing; he thinks he does right.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
it's around page 61 if anyone cares to go back and check the facts.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011

Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

All of Matthew 24 was before the crucifixion of the Lord and fulfillment of the Law. The sabbath was still a law that was not fulfilled when He said these words.

K

Karraster

Perhaps you need to re-read what I actually said.

One of the animals I use most often in my graphics are equids. Do you think they should have a rider? I don't. I do not use fairies in my Scripture templates. It is funny, but when I look at many of the "angels" I have used, they do not resemble sensual Barbie doll looking creatures at all, as you perceive them. Just last night I was looking for a more male representative, hopefully with a sword (for a specific graphic), and realized again how scarce they are. The one I did find looked like a manga drawing, so I went with something else instead: a stone statue. I have used stone statues in my graphics before, too, and they also do not look anything like sensuous Barbie doll creatures. Just sayin :)

https://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/god-speaks.179450/page-4#post-3718339

This is an example of your delicate angels that you deny resemble Barbie. My point is that your art is fantasy, much like what is written here on BDF, not scriptural.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
it's around page 61 if anyone cares to go back and check the facts.
actually , right at the end of page 59, then into 60.

and, you are right, you brought up David's sin to studyman, he responded.

so, will the mighty studyman admit his lie?

K

Karraster

gentiles were never under the Law. Mark's Gospel does not mention the Sabbath as Matthew did. Matthew was primarily for jews.
Please direct me to that scripture that says what you claim?