Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 8, 2021
The Right thing is Jesus Christ and Him alone - His Grace is sufficient for me.

The Wrong thing is = For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace. Galatians 5:4
Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. Therefore no one will be justified in His sight by works of the law. For the law merely brings awareness of sin. Romans 3: 19-20

The Right thing is = But now, apart from the law, the righteousness of God has been revealed, as attested by the Law and the Prophets. And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.
Romans 3: 21 -24

If the right thing was Jesus, than you would listen and follow what he said:

Matthew 5:18-19

18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

I would suggest investing more time into the things he said... All of your scriptures are coming from Paul's writings. You overlook or ignore all of the writings from Mathew, Luke, John Peter, James, etc that are clearly contradictory to your interpretations of specific Paul verses.

Paul even says:

Romans 2:6-13

6 He will render to each one according to his works: 7 to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; 8 but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury. 9 There will be tribulation and distress for every human being who does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek, 10 but glory and honor and peace for everyone who does good, the Jew first and also the Greek. 11 For God shows no partiality.
12 For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified.

Aug 2, 2021
If the right thing was Jesus, than you would listen and follow what he said:

Matthew 5:18-19

18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

I would suggest investing more time into the things he said... All of your scriptures are coming from Paul's writings. You overlook or ignore all of the writings from Mathew, Luke, John Peter, James, etc that are clearly contradictory to your interpretations of specific Paul verses.

Paul even says:

Romans 2:6-13

6 He will render to each one according to his works: 7 to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; 8 but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury. 9 There will be tribulation and distress for every human being who does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek, 10 but glory and honor and peace for everyone who does good, the Jew first and also the Greek. 11 For God shows no partiality.
12 For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified.
Yeah i believe all those things and have no fear for My God is near -
He raised me from the dead and cleared religion from my head
Now i am a New Man that lives through His Spirit and knows not another
We who believe do not follow the law for Jesus Christ is our Lord and our Brother
Never again will i try to be good, but only to please Him as i should
Should doubts and fears in my heart arise i look to Jesus who is my Prize
My Lord Jesus intercedes on my behalf for no religion can master that
Amen

Aug 8, 2021
We who believe do not follow the law for Jesus Christ is our Lord and our Brother
Amen
We all have the freedom to make our own choices. We will see the consequences of these choices when the time comes.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Amen
In principle yes... The Spirit will guide us into all truth. But you need to search and have ears to hear.

Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. ...
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

No law keeping can make us clean, only Jesus makes us clean by His blood, because Jesus perfectly obeyed the law and was without sin. We are not to continue in sin (law breaking because Jesus suffered and paid our penalty, We do not continue in law breaking because of the grace and love of God for us. We ask Jesus to transform us and help us to obey the law because we desire to be like Jesus. Heaven will be sinless and a place of perfect obedience. The law by the Holy Spirit helps us to understand the difference between right and wrong.

If i don't search or make any effort to know the truth and make no effort to understand the will of God i'll find myself making mistakes.
When Satan tempted Jesus, Jesus was able to do the right thing and not sin because He used the Scripture and His understanding of the word to rebuke the Devil.
Mat 4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

It is written = 1Jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

It is written = Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.