Sad and lonely...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Topaz1988

Feb 19, 2018
I have been feeling really sad and lonely for the last few days, and I can't seem to shake the feeling. :(

There is no one around for me to talk to -- my companion, my Mom, passed away last November. That is one of the reasons I've been seeking sites like this out.

I really need someone to talk to-- and yes, I know I can talk to God/Jesus, and I know this will sound awful but people telling me "Well, the Bible says..." or "Remember, the Lord..." does not help. I am human, I am lonely, and I am wishing for someone to have a conversation with, preferentially Christian.

Just had to get this off my chest, people can think I'm un-Christian or whatever, but that is the way I feel right now and in lieu of actually talking to somebody face to face I just needed to vent.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Hello again Topaz and Fidette.
I know the feeling. I live with two other but mostly try to avoid one. And they are always together so I miss the other as well. I don't work so I end up mostly alone.
And I, too, have heard the "all you need is God" refrain and also feel its inaccurate. We were created with a built in need for friendship. It can even affect our physical health, in the long run, to lack friendships. And it also affects our mental and emotional health.
A lot of the "microwave ministers" give these kinds of answers. And will continue to.

Also posting in blogs usually gets very limited responses. If you're not worried about people responding it works fine. If you're looking for people to interact with you'll need to post in the forums.

Topaz1988

Feb 19, 2018
Hello again Topaz and Fidette.
I know the feeling. I live with two other but mostly try to avoid one. And they are always together so I miss the other as well. I don't work so I end up mostly alone.
And I, too, have heard the "all you need is God" refrain and also feel its inaccurate. We were created with a built in need for friendship. It can even affect our physical health, in the long run, to lack friendships. And it also affects our mental and emotional health.
A lot of the "microwave ministers" give these kinds of answers. And will continue to.

Also posting in blogs usually gets very limited responses. If you're not worried about people responding it works fine. If you're looking for people to interact with you'll need to post in the forums.
Yes, I see what you mean about the blogs--and thank you for understanding. It was kind of silly to post a blog when, as you said, not as many people are likely to answer.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Yes, I see what you mean about the blogs--and thank you for understanding. It was kind of silly to post a blog when, as you said, not as many people are likely to answer.
No worries. Usually people just don't realize that most blogs aren't given much attention. It takes time to learn those kinds of things.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Not silly at all, I found you here and am so thankful. Your vulnerable transparency blessed me. I will now be praying for you. I hope to get to know you, best as we can here on this online platform. Big hugs, from my heart to yours. God Bless.

Topaz1988

Feb 19, 2018
Not silly at all, I found you here and am so thankful. Your vulnerable transparency blessed me. I will now be praying for you. I hope to get to know you, best as we can here on this online platform. Big hugs, from my heart to yours. God Bless.
Thank you so much, CharliRenee ! Your response is certainly is a blessing to me. I would love to get to know you better, too.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Greetings Topaz welcome... My condolences for your loss - will pray for you and for our lord to bless you with strength as you persevere thru your 1 year anniversary of missing your mom and being alone...
I think you will like it here in the cc... Lots of amazingly honest, and gracious, sometimes outspoken and opinionated - but always loving, caring and giving of advice for those who are seeking prayer, friendship, support or just a break from their daily routine... God Bless

Topaz1988

Feb 19, 2018
Greetings Topaz welcome... My condolences for your loss - will pray for you and for our lord to bless you with strength as you persevere thru your 1 year anniversary of missing your mom and being alone...
I think you will like it here in the cc... Lots of amazingly honest, and gracious, sometimes outspoken and opinionated - but always loving, caring and giving of advice for those who are seeking prayer, friendship, support or just a break from their daily routine... God Bless
Thank you very much, @Solemateleft. I really appreciate it. :)

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
Hello Topaz,
I am new here and saw your post which kind of called to me since I feel that way too quite often! I would like to talk with you when you feel like it as I need a friend to share things with!

danja

Nov 28, 2014
Hey sister ,i am here if you want to talk :) Hugs and much love <3