sad panda time...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
index.png

I just watched some dude in chat ask for prayer, and get completely ignored by everyone...It was sad because you could tell he actually was waiting quietly and patiently for about 10 minutes before he left. The people on the mic were so absorbed in pointless banter and themselves that they didn't notice i guess.. I would have said something, but he left before the person on the mic finally stopped talking... I think people on mic should be more mindful of the people who
are in the chat..for some of the people, this is all they have to fellowship with, and its kind of messed up if they cant even get something as simple as a prayer request.

Feb 7, 2015
Perhaps this is a good thing, at least for him, in this particular incident. We were not created to live the way we do. We are made to be in direct association with other human beings.... not to connect through keyboards and microphones.

I could never consider the entertainment I get from this forum as a substitute for my actual friends in my church.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Perhaps this is a good thing, at least for him, in this particular incident. We were not created to live the way we do. We are made to be in direct association with other human beings.... not to connect through keyboards and microphones.

I could never consider the entertainment I get from this forum as a substitute for my actual friends in my church.
I just can't see how someone making a plea for prayer IN ANY FORM and being ignored can be a "good thing".

For many this place is a last ditch lifeline, not entertainment.

Aug 16, 2016
I see it on threads as well. People ask for prayers & introduce themselves and sometimes no one answers. Meanwhile the regulars ignore them & continue to argue amongst themselves it's unfortunate. I'm sure such things does not please the Lord.

Feb 7, 2015
I just can't see how someone making a plea for prayer IN ANY FORM and being ignored can be a "good thing".

For many this place is a last ditch lifeline, not entertainment.
That's just what I mean. It never should be seen that way. God does not live here, even if there are some Christians here.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
So far guys, we have 2 points being made, and they're BOTH good points.

1. We should take prayer requests more seriously here.

A. Sometimes if it's a guy (thus avoiding any "creepy factor") I'll send the guy a PM instead of posting publicly.

B. Sometimes I pray for people privately instead of writing anything privately or publicy... sometimes the situation is so insanely horrible I don't even know what to say to them.

C. Sometimes I'm not even watching the prayer forum, and that's something we should do.

2. It's also true that its better for people to build in-person relationships, and get into real churches, and counsel with real pastors.

* Both of these points are solid biblical points... and they aren't contradictory.

Feb 7, 2015
So far guys, we have 2 points being made, and they're BOTH good points.

1. We should take prayer requests more seriously here.

A. Sometimes if it's a guy (thus avoiding any "creepy factor") I'll send the guy a PM instead of posting publicly.

B. Sometimes I pray for people privately instead of writing anything privately or publicy... sometimes the situation is so insanely horrible I don't even know what to say to them.

C. Sometimes I'm not even watching the prayer forum, and that's something we should do.

2. It's also true that its better for people to build in-person relationships, and get into real churches, and counsel with real pastors.

* Both of these points are solid biblical points... and they aren't contradictory.

Usually, if I answer one of those, I do not try to pretend that the few words they might get from me will come anywhere near the support they will find in the church they really should be in steady and constant fellowship with.

And that is what I generally tell them. I feel your earthly help comes from people who honestly should know you and your daily situations fairly intimately.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
That's just what I mean. It never should be seen that way. God does not live here, even if there are some Christians here.
I have never made a prayer request here that God did not go out of His way to answer. I'm sorry that your God is not here , because mine sure is.

And whether or not this is the best or worse place to turn to, nonetheless many do come here seeking God's help. I think we should honor that, instead of answering with 'go somewhere else'.

Feb 7, 2015
I have never made a prayer request here that God did not go out of His way to answer. I'm sorry that your God is not here , because mine sure is.

And whether or not this is the best or worse place to turn to, nonetheless many do come here seeking God's help. I think we should honor that, instead of answering with 'go somewhere else'.
Maybe we have a different God. Mine does not hang his shingle on a particular church or forum as His residence. It seems a lot of people come here specifically looking for God because the owner of this forum advertised this as a Christian forum. No, even our church building doesn't fill that bill. The Church I know are the Christians I look into the eyes of and associate with all through the week.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
True; but that does not exclude this forum. God will be wherever we seek Him, including these pages. And if someone comes here seeking Him, it is not up to us to say God will not meet them here.

Aug 16, 2016
True; but that does not exclude this forum. God will be wherever we seek Him, including these pages. And if someone comes here seeking Him, it is not up to us to say God will not meet them here.
True considering every word & thought is known by God he is where those who seek him. Which in fact he guides people to places such as this to fellowship with others. I'm sure he is well aware of those who deny his presence here.

Feb 7, 2015
I can only type what I mean. And I typed that God does not live at this site. He is everywhere, but He does not reside at a certain place, so that you have to go to that location to see if He is home at the moment.

Feb 7, 2015
True considering every word & thought is known by God he is where those who seek him. Which in fact he guides people to places such as this to fellowship with others. I'm sure he is well aware of those who deny his presence here.
You seriously think God would direct ANYONE here for the ____ that goes on here all the time?

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
You seriously think God would direct ANYONE here for the ____ that goes on here all the time?
John 1:46
"Can anything good come from Nazareth?" Nathanael asked. "Come and see," said Philip.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
People who go into chat are ALWAYS ignored.. I usually raise a fuss until someone answers me.. on the once in a blue moon times I go in there.. lol

Aug 16, 2016
There are people here who have spiritual wisdom & are able to help guide / uplift others in need. Perhaps I have a different perspective since I don't engage in mockery & contempt people display towards eachother.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
That's why so many leave here. I've seen this place called everything from "a den of vipers" to "the pits of hell itself".. And that's mostly coming from LONG time users. It's sad when us senior users, feel compelled to warn newbies to stay away from certain forums because of all the strife.. :/