Safe spaces

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jessie_1

Hi Zi. That was 50% tongue in cheek (nothing like a safe place thread to really rail somebody, right?). But stay with me here for a moment for the other 50%. OK, you say you know the difference between spelling and grammar, and yet chose to remain in error. On a simple thing like spelling and grammar. So, if someone willingly chooses to remain in known error on the little things, am I to expect any more or less from them on the big things? Sorry I'm not meaning to single you out. The whole of society could care less anymore about the details, choosing to live instead on erroneous soundbites. I mean, show of hands, how many people chose between 'the lesser of the two evils' last election? Guess what - YOU ALL CHOSE TO REMAIN IN ERROR. Even when you knew it was error.

Congress had a 6 to 10% approval rating before last year's elections. Yet the huge majority of the idiots got re-elected. PEOPLE KNOW WHAT'S WRONG AND YET THEY CHOOSE TO CONTINUE IN ERROR.

I don't want that to be safe anywhere. People have GOT to stop being so dang lazy and start giving a d@mn about the details. Because a too-lazy-to-care populace is all that satan needs to openly walk in his antichrist and condemn us all to death.

Oh, and yeah I know about keyboards. I can hit a key 10 times and maybe 7 or 8 of them will actually appear :(

But this wasn't really a keyboard issue, was it?

Sorry, don't mean to be harsh.
Hi Rick... it's my fault her post got this kind of attention instead of what she was putting out there. I'm a spelling/grammar Nazi (my family has nick named me 'Webster'). I shouldn't have posted a "correction" as it had nothing to do with her agenda. :) Peace~

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Hi Rick... it's my fault her post got this kind of attention instead of what she was putting out there. I'm a spelling/grammar Nazi (my family has nick named me 'Webster'). I shouldn't have posted a "correction" as it had nothing to do with her agenda. :) Peace~
Well, again, I was not trying to single her out, as this is a problem with the whole of society. I apologize if it seemed I was picking on her, she was just a jumping off point to address a bigger issue. And I probably would have gotten on my soapbox even if you had said nothing. Things have got to change or we're all doomed.

Aug 16, 2016
I can only imagine what the Lord thinks about safe spaces let alone his people arguing with eachother on a daily basis.

J

Jessie_1

Well, again, I was not trying to single her out, as this is a problem with the whole of society. I apologize if it seemed I was picking on her, she was just a jumping off point to address a bigger issue. And I probably would have gotten on my soapbox even if you had said nothing. Things have got to change or we're all doomed.
I understand the crux of your point, truly I do. And agree our society has become complacent since the "if it feels good do it" movement, and the current idea of "no real right or wrong". I completely understand and agree. ~ My comment of taking blame was not said disrespectfully, rather more of humility. :)