Salvation is a Free Gift.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
When someone is made born again, they are indwelled by the Holy Spirit.
Since I didn't cause myself to become saved nor born again, I wasn't aware of when either occurred, only of their results.
You could have rejected it but what did you do?

None of us are robots and made to do things. So, if you did not reject the Gift does it mean you accepted it?

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
What I said aligns with scripture.

44 While Peter was still saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word.

Peter is preaching and those who heard the Holy Spirit fell on them.
The above quote, of your view are not aligning with the entire Bible scriptures as a whole, I am not here to fight or argue, only share what I see too, thank you
they were not in a Church building, using the six gun shooter either, was not getting the people to feel or be guilty as is done in religion, which was not done at the Pentecost.
It was not Peter really talking, it was God in the Holy Spirit talking through Peter to that crowd there then, that did not speak Hebrew as God told them in their language, Son is risen and they are forgiven, time to believe. They believed and God entered them as they spoke now in Hebrew then, back to Peter to hear them, and this confirmed salvation as free to believe and be saved by God and Son as Won (One).
Then after Pentecost Peter went to the house of Cornelius and God spoke through Peter again, and that the Gentiles there got saved as Peter saw this amazing gift from God again, Peter then went to the other disciples and reported this truth in amazement, they got the same Holy Spirit as they got, yet without Law or any rituals either
Acts 10 and 11 the truth is told
Also, today after the cross of Christ in the risen Christ, we worship from our new Spiritual hearts given us to worship in truth to God above all else

John 4:20-24

King James Version

20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

hope you see what is said, if not okay, we each have a call to believe or not consciously, as Father God knows who is who and what is what. I stand in God's rest, (Hebrews 4:9-13) as I hope and trust for all to do that too, between God and them with the risen Son as their mediator too

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
That is exactly what it precludes because they (and they alone) - those whom the Father sends to Christ - will He raise them up on the last day and no others.

[Jhn 6:44 KJV] 44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Wrong. All will be raised on the last day: some to aeonous honour and some to aeonous contempt. The believers are not the only ones who are raised by Christ on the last day. John 5:28-29; Dan. 12:2

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
In the words of @cv5 :

"God made them an offer they couldn't refuse".

Lol, when I read your post this song popped up immediately in my head. This is a lovely solo violin version by the way.... :)

The Godfather Theme Song

🐛

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
The above quote, of your view are not aligning with the entire Bible scriptures as a whole, I am not here to fight or argue, only share what I see too, thank you
they were not in a Church building, using the six gun shooter either, was not getting the people to feel or be guilty as is done in religion, which was not done at the Pentecost.
It was not Peter really talking, it was God in the Holy Spirit talking through Peter to that crowd there then, that did not speak Hebrew as God told them in their language, Son is risen and they are forgiven, time to believe. They believed and God entered them as they spoke now in Hebrew then, back to Peter to hear them, and this confirmed salvation as free to believe and be saved by God and Son as Won (One).
Then after Pentecost Peter went to the house of Cornelius and God spoke through Peter again, and that the Gentiles there got saved as Peter saw this amazing gift from God again, Peter then went to the other disciples and reported this truth in amazement, they got the same Holy Spirit as they got, yet without Law or any rituals either
Acts 10 and 11 the truth is told
Also, today after the cross of Christ in the risen Christ, we worship from our new Spiritual hearts given us to worship in truth to God above all else

John 4:20-24

King James Version

20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

hope you see what is said, if not okay, we each have a call to believe or not consciously, as Father God knows who is who and what is what. I stand in God's rest, (Hebrews 4:9-13) as I hope and trust for all to do that too, between God and them with the risen Son as their mediator too
They heard the Gospel preached is my meaning.

And the Israelites always had Prophets telling them what to do.

Foghorn

May 6, 2024
christcentered.community.forum
Repent would be going from a state of unbelief to belief in Jesus Christ. Belief that He is God, that He died and rose again, that by belief in Him you have eternal life.

This being allowed and led by Jesus through the Holy Spirit.
That sounds like a salvation by works system that’s still in the development system.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Wrong. All will be raised on the last day: some to aeonous honour and some to aeonous contempt. The believers are not the only ones who are raised by Christ on the last day. John 65:28-29; Dan. 12:2
Are you referring to the gospel of John? I may be missing something but I don't find a chapter 65 in John.

[Jhn 6:40 KJV] 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

[Jhn 6:44, 54 KJV]
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. ...
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

[Jhn 6:45 KJV]
45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
After salvation in obedience and through conviction of sin, of course. Shouldn’t all believers?
Amen!

But when the Holy Spirit fell on you during salvation, did you accept it or reject it?

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
That is exactly what it precludes because they (and they alone) - those whom the Father sends to Christ - will He raise them up on the last day and no others.

[Jhn 6:44 KJV] 44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Many people came to Jesus drawn by the Father who were against Christ and remained against Him. Judas Iscariot was attracted to Jesus because of what the Father was doing and saying through Jesus. Pharisees and sadduces came to Jesus to tes him, judge Him, oppose and accuse Him because of what the Father was doing and saying through Jesus. And every one of them, whether saved or still unsaved, will be raised by Him on the last day.