Salvation (Mōkṣa)

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

siddhikoli

Active member
Jun 18, 2022
170
103
43
28
navi mumbai
In India
Moksha means freedom from the cycle of birth and rebirth(samsara), death.

The Sanskrit word for salvation is Moksha or Nirvana

In Christianity
Jesus Christ saves us from danger,sin etc
preservation from destruction or failure
being saved from danger, loss, or harm:


Acts 4:12
King James Version
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

John 14:6
King James Version

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Titus 3:5
King James Version
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

John 3:16-18
King James Version
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.


Revelation 22:17
King James Version
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is a thirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely
 
John3-16s.png

John 3:16
:)
 
in the year 2021 I left Vaishnavism, a sect of Hinduism.
I heard and watched more stories about Jesus on the computer. and have accepted Jesus as my savior.
I have schizophrenia and Depression.
I talk to a psychiatrist on the mobile phone; my mother helps me.
I don't worship idols anymore


I am fatherless
I have been unable to walk since birth, because of cerebral palsy. Sitting on a wheel chair hurts my waist.
I started remembering negative things.
And I used to think about which god to believe in.
I was a vegan, eating non-vegetarian is a sin so my vitamins were deficient, I fainted then I was taken to Apollo Hospital then I regained consciousness and mom took me to a psychiatrist. Then I didn't say anything, I was silent .


When I saw the Holy Spirit I was afraid, I knew what the truth was. Then I started believing in monotheism.
Then I started eating non-vegetarian and vegetarian food.
my testimony click here

The Holy Bible says ,Exodus 20:3-4
King James Version
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.


My mother is a nurse.She works in JNPT hospital and my body strength was lost due to vegan.Then I was going to JNPT hospital with my mother in the car of young uncle or uncle's elder son.
I was in the car that day to say I saw him on the left side of the wing mirror of the car. I saw the Holy Spirit flying like a golden dove. (in spiritual).


Siddhi Koli said:
in the car I saw the Holy Spirit in the form of doves spreading golden rays View attachment 321528what happens when holy spirit comes upon you ? Click here and tell me
Artist -siddhi koli


Siddhi Koli said:

I was a pure vegetarian because consuming non-vegetarian food is sinful.
I used to think about which religion to choose. That is to choose monotheism or polytheism.
Or I used to think about which to believe.


Ahimsa (Sanskrit: अहिंसा, IAST: ahiṃsā, lit. 'nonviolence') is the ancient Indian principle of nonviolence which applies to actions towards all living beings. It is a key virtue in Indian religions like Jainism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Sikhism. source: wikipedia

After that I was taken to Apollo Hospital and recovered.
Because of this reason
I was eating vegan food to achieve salvation. I don't know much about Christianity before.


Siddhi Koli said:
I heard and watched more stories about Jesus on the computer. and have accepted Jesus as my savior.
​
Then I fell in love with Jesus. I understand that Jesus is our savior. :love:
​
 
  • Like
Reactions: Reggie_violin
I read the book Yogi Kathamrita by Shri Paramahansa Yogananda in Marathi language. It contains information about Jesus Christ.
The Second Coming of Christ: The Resurrection of Christ Within You.
:)
 
I play songs of Jesus in Marathi on TV in front of my mother.
She loves all Jesus songs
She still believes in Hinduism, all religions; My mother believes in Jesus Christ.
I just became a Christian alone.
 
Keep on growing in the knowledge of the LORD Jesus.. There are plenty of online Bible sites and many video's online with people explaining things about Jesus... But always beware.. There are false preachers online also who will tell you lies about Jesus and His will.. They have corrupt teachings and sadly they lead some people down the wrong path.. When i was a new Christian ( and i still do it even now ) i ask for Gods protection against false teachers and false doctrines.. May the Holy Spirit guard your mind and may He cause you to know the right Way..
 
Keep on growing in the knowledge of the LORD Jesus.. There are plenty of online Bible sites and many video's online with people explaining things about Jesus... But always beware.. There are false preachers online also who will tell you lies about Jesus and His will.. They have corrupt teachings and sadly they lead some people down the wrong path.. When i was a new Christian ( and i still do it even now ) i ask for Gods protection against false teachers and false doctrines.. May the Holy Spirit guard your mind and may He cause you to know the right Way..
Yes. I know. :)
but my mother said that the ear doctor gave this book Yogi Kathamrita by Shri Paramahansa Yogananda in Marathi language.

I stopped reading this book and I don't believe it, I told my mother; I came here to tell everyone.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HealthAndHappiness
Yes. I know. :)
but my mother said that the ear doctor gave this book Yogi Kathamrita by Shri Paramahansa Yogananda in Marathi language.

I stopped reading this book and I don't believe it, I told my mother; I came here to tell everyone.
It's sometimes harder to reach our family with the gospel, but don't give up. Speak the truth in love sister and may you see all of them trust Christ by those verses you first posted. The gospel is the power of God unto salvation. Romans 1:16

Here is a list of short teachings on Hinduism that you may like to Bookmark or download to your computer. It corrects it's major doctrines from a biblical Christian perspective.

15 Hindu Moments
 
  • Heart
Reactions: siddhikoli
another member of https://www.christianityboard.com/forum say that don't believe this book Yogi Kathamrita by Sri Paramahansa Yogananda in Marathi language.
christianityboard forum click here

Hello siddhikoli,

It's good to hear back from you!
How are you doing?

I checked the old link I gave you "Hindu moments" that examines Hinduism from a biblical Christian point of view. The site went through a lot of changes and that link was lost.
Here's a new link Hinduism in light of the Bible <
If the video says "null", it was deleted, so just skip those. Many of them are very short and informative. I don't live in India, so you probably know much more about Hinduism than I do. Please let me know if that pastor is wrong on anything.

I have not read the book yogi kathamrita.
I know that yogi means teacher, but here in America, it is an Indian term. That means to us that the teacher is Hindu. That might not always be true with your country, but Hinduism began in the 1960s here and every person since then who called themselves a Yogi were teachers of demon spirits who pretended to be gods.

When I was a child, a family member introduced me to Hinduism through a popular Yogi Maharishi Mahesh who taught Transcendental Meditation. There was one reason that I rejected it.

As a teenager I trusted Christ Jesus to save me .
Have you read my testimony?
 
  • Heart
Reactions: siddhikoli

When I was a child I had a number of attacks that looking back were likely demons that tried to take my life through people.
One was a neighborhood sodomite named Russell C.
I was walking home from a friend's house as a small child. He and his sodomite family member were walking in the same direction past our house when I got to my yard he threw me over a hill headlong into a gas meter for no known reason.
He slit my scalp open and gave me a concussion. As a young adult I wanted nothing to do with the sodomites in business or school because they were a violent and immoral people.

I left off mentioning a my initiation into Transcendental Meditation aka TM. I was around 8 or 9 years old when I asked a family member why she had a sign on her door, do not disturb, meditating. She told me she had a mantra she repeated endlessly, but was forbidden to tell anyone what it was. I was led to my first meeting that cost me my weekly allowance for each class. After many weeks taught that it was a scientifically "proven" technique to bring peace, relaxation, enlightenment and other buzz words, came the last class. This was the class where I would be given a sacred word and become one of their cult.
I was led into a forbidden room where nobody but the teachers were allowed. It was dark and I could barely see. There was a counter surrounding the room with candles and incense burning. Once my eyes adjusted, I saw the images next to the candles and burning incense. They were hideous statues with the faces of devils. I was told to kneel down in front of one and chant the new word over and over to it.
It was a terrorizing experience!
I'm glad it was so creepy and frightening because I never went back again. I gave up TM, but was curious what the secret word meant. Eventually I found a publication with the list of mantras written in Sanskrit. The word was not just an ancient word. It was the name of a false God, a demon! The teachers, disciples of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi deceived us into calling upon/summoning demons and using the official technique, meditation to invite them to possess us. after that, my Mom's second husband nearly killed me and came // close to blowing my head of with a shotgun.

I went to a lot of different churches growing up and was wondering what is required to go to Heaven when I die. I had already had many close calls by the time I was a teenager.
Perhaps you have that question too.

Every church I recall told us we had to do good works to get to Heaven. Living a life of good certainly improves our lives in so many ways. That's why the Lord gave His people instructions on how to please Him and appropriate behavior that makes life much better. However, those good works must be differentiated from His requirement for salvation.


One day a man knocked on my door and cared enough to ask me if I were to die today, if I was 100% sure if I would go to Heaven?
Considering the many close calls I had growing up, some which I have not mentioned, I thought it was something that was important to learn. He was from an independent/non-denominational Baptist church.
I was of the opinion that God had scales in Heaven weighing our good and bad.
I'm glad that he showed me from the Bible where I had been mistaken.

We all know that Jesus paid for ALL of our sins, past present and future. He suffered crucifixion on the cross, was buried in the tomb and arose the third day.
The part that I was confused about was my part. What did I have to do to be saved?

Some churches led me to believe that I had to do good works, sacraments, turning from/ quit sinning, clean up my life, get baptized, etc. Those are all good works.
The verse God made extra clear to me was where I was wrong. I was trusting in my good works.

Ephesians 2:8
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Grace is God's kindness that we do not earn or deserve.
Faith is a trust spoken about in John 3:16 KJV and uses the word believe. Jesus is the sole Object of that trust and it's not in ourselves.
Salvation is the gift from God.
God the Father so loved the world that HE GAVE His only begotten Son.
The Son gave His life in atonement for our sins, not we ourselves.
We receive it by His grace through faith in Jesus.
Salvation is not earned by any of our works.
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
I am so very grateful that he shared that important fact with me. I had the cart before the horse. I was misled to think growing up that all the commands in the Bible applied to salvation when in fact we all have broken many commands.
Revelation 21:8 KJV lists sins like fear and lying as those who shall go to the Lake of Fire and Brimstone.
I've certainly told lies before, been fearful and unbelieving in Christ. Have you ever done any of those? According to God's word, where do we deserve to go, Heaven or Hell?
That's a humbling thing, but before anyone can be saved, they need to acknowledge this fact.

The way I was wrongly taught growing up a Catholic and some protestant churches, was that my good works had to be added to what Jesus already did, as if His sacrifice was not enough. It's the pride of man that exalts his own good works as we know that when it comes to getting saved, "all of our righteousnesses are as filthy rags."
Isaiah

That means we are already condemned to Hell. John 3:18,36
18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
People trust in their own ways to be saved and as sincere as they are, they are sincerely wrong. That goes for many ministers too.

But notice that Salvation from sins and the consequences of going to Hell/condemnation has been paid in full. How do we receive that gift that Jesus paid for when He suffered in our place, died and arose the third day?
It is told to us exactly 100 times in the gospel of John. Believe is the word. This word does not just mean to know about Him, it means to trust because we are saved by His grace through faith.
The object of that is Who?

Jesus Christ Who is absolute perfect God and Man.
He is the only One qualified to pay for sins. As man He could suffer and die in our place to save us from death in Hell. As God, He is the One Who brings us peace and life with the Father.

We must acknowledge the fact that He is able and WILL do what He promises by imparting to us His gift of everlasting life.
The gift has been paid in full and we add nothing to it at all.
He offers it to you now and I will lead you in a simple prayer to Him, asking for that.

Dear Jesus,
I am a sinner in need of salvation. I deserve the punishment of Hell, but thank You for suffering torture and dying for me. I know that You were buried in a tomb and arose the third day.
I know that my good works can Not save or add anything to that.
I'm deciding right now to trust You alone to save me and take me to Heaven whenever I die.
Thank You for Your promise and gift of Everlasting Life.
Amen

11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 14And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
I John 5

Did you just pray that prayer to Jesus just now or at an earlier time?
According to the Bible, where will you go when you die?
 
  • Heart
Reactions: siddhikoli
When I was a child I had a number of attacks that looking back were likely demons that tried to take my life through people.
One was a neighborhood sodomite named Russell C.
I was walking home from a friend's house as a small child. He and his sodomite family member were walking in the same direction past our house when I got to my yard he threw me over a hill headlong into a gas meter for no known reason.
He slit my scalp open and gave me a concussion. As a young adult I wanted nothing to do with the sodomites in business or school because they were a violent and immoral people.

I left off mentioning a my initiation into Transcendental Meditation aka TM. I was around 8 or 9 years old when I asked a family member why she had a sign on her door, do not disturb, meditating. She told me she had a mantra she repeated endlessly, but was forbidden to tell anyone what it was. I was led to my first meeting that cost me my weekly allowance for each class. After many weeks taught that it was a scientifically "proven" technique to bring peace, relaxation, enlightenment and other buzz words, came the last class. This was the class where I would be given a sacred word and become one of their cult.
I was led into a forbidden room where nobody but the teachers were allowed. It was dark and I could barely see. There was a counter surrounding the room with candles and incense burning. Once my eyes adjusted, I saw the images next to the candles and burning incense. They were hideous statues with the faces of devils. I was told to kneel down in front of one and chant the new word over and over to it.
It was a terrorizing experience!
I'm glad it was so creepy and frightening because I never went back again. I gave up TM, but was curious what the secret word meant. Eventually I found a publication with the list of mantras written in Sanskrit. The word was not just an ancient word. It was the name of a false God, a demon! The teachers, disciples of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi deceived us into calling upon/summoning demons and using the official technique, meditation to invite them to possess us. after that, my Mom's second husband nearly killed me and came // close to blowing my head of with a shotgun.

I went to a lot of different churches growing up and was wondering what is required to go to Heaven when I die. I had already had many close calls by the time I was a teenager.
Perhaps you have that question too.

Every church I recall told us we had to do good works to get to Heaven. Living a life of good certainly improves our lives in so many ways. That's why the Lord gave His people instructions on how to please Him and appropriate behavior that makes life much better. However, those good works must be differentiated from His requirement for salvation.


One day a man knocked on my door and cared enough to ask me if I were to die today, if I was 100% sure if I would go to Heaven?
Considering the many close calls I had growing up, some which I have not mentioned, I thought it was something that was important to learn. He was from an independent/non-denominational Baptist church.
I was of the opinion that God had scales in Heaven weighing our good and bad.
I'm glad that he showed me from the Bible where I had been mistaken.

We all know that Jesus paid for ALL of our sins, past present and future. He suffered crucifixion on the cross, was buried in the tomb and arose the third day.
The part that I was confused about was my part. What did I have to do to be saved?

Some churches led me to believe that I had to do good works, sacraments, turning from/ quit sinning, clean up my life, get baptized, etc. Those are all good works.
The verse God made extra clear to me was where I was wrong. I was trusting in my good works.

Ephesians 2:8
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.


Grace is God's kindness that we do not earn or deserve.
Faith is a trust spoken about in John 3:16 KJV and uses the word believe. Jesus is the sole Object of that trust and it's not in ourselves.
Salvation is the gift from God.
God the Father so loved the world that HE GAVE His only begotten Son.
The Son gave His life in atonement for our sins, not we ourselves.
We receive it by His grace through faith in Jesus.
Salvation is not earned by any of our works.
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
I am so very grateful that he shared that important fact with me. I had the cart before the horse. I was misled to think growing up that all the commands in the Bible applied to salvation when in fact we all have broken many commands.
Revelation 21:8 KJV lists sins like fear and lying as those who shall go to the Lake of Fire and Brimstone.
I've certainly told lies before, been fearful and unbelieving in Christ. Have you ever done any of those? According to God's word, where do we deserve to go, Heaven or Hell?
That's a humbling thing, but before anyone can be saved, they need to acknowledge this fact.

The way I was wrongly taught growing up a Catholic and some protestant churches, was that my good works had to be added to what Jesus already did, as if His sacrifice was not enough. It's the pride of man that exalts his own good works as we know that when it comes to getting saved, "all of our righteousnesses are as filthy rags."
Isaiah

That means we are already condemned to Hell. John 3:18,36
18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
People trust in their own ways to be saved and as sincere as they are, they are sincerely wrong. That goes for many ministers too.

But notice that Salvation from sins and the consequences of going to Hell/condemnation has been paid in full. How do we receive that gift that Jesus paid for when He suffered in our place, died and arose the third day?
It is told to us exactly 100 times in the gospel of John. Believe is the word. This word does not just mean to know about Him, it means to trust because we are saved by His grace through faith.
The object of that is Who?

Jesus Christ Who is absolute perfect God and Man.
He is the only One qualified to pay for sins. As man He could suffer and die in our place to save us from death in Hell. As God, He is the One Who brings us peace and life with the Father.

We must acknowledge the fact that He is able and WILL do what He promises by imparting to us His gift of everlasting life.
The gift has been paid in full and we add nothing to it at all.
He offers it to you now and I will lead you in a simple prayer to Him, asking for that.

Dear Jesus,
I am a sinner in need of salvation. I deserve the punishment of Hell, but thank You for suffering torture and dying for me. I know that You were buried in a tomb and arose the third day.
I know that my good works can Not save or add anything to that.
I'm deciding right now to trust You alone to save me and take me to Heaven whenever I die.
Thank You for Your promise and gift of Everlasting Life.
Amen

11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 14And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
I John 5
Your testimony is good :)

Did you just pray that prayer to Jesus just now or at an earlier time?
According to the Bible, where will you go when you die?
I pray with my mother and I don't know if I will go to heaven or hell.Know that salvation comes through Jesus, not by good works.
Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation.Salvation is not achieved by idolatry and meditation
Acts 4:12
King James Version

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
 
I just got done reading your testimony.
It sounds like we agree with the Bible on the topic. Is there anything you can do to lose your salvation?
Thank and No, because I cannot lose my salvation. I have complete faith in Jesus Christ (yeshua hamashiach)
Because I saw the Holy Spirit and I left Hinduism because after taking the 10th exam, a person put Brahma Kumaris' meditation video in a pen drive and gave it to me and I put it on my computer. And became vegan. And Hinduism deceived me. :(
 
  • Like
Reactions: HealthAndHappiness
Your testimony is good :)


I pray with my mother and I don't know if I will go to heaven or hell.Know that salvation comes through Jesus, not by good works.
Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation.Salvation is not achieved by idolatry and meditation
Acts 4:12
King James Version

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
I am glad for you, but I'm not sure if I understand.
You don't know if you will go to heaven or hell, but you are sure you are saved?
Did you know that salvation is from the consequences of the condemnation of sins and unbelief in Christ, which means from hell?
 
I am glad for you, but I'm not sure if I understand.
You don't know if you will go to heaven or hell, but you are sure you are saved?
Did you know that salvation is from the consequences of the condemnation of sins and unbelief in Christ, which means from hell?
Yes, that means those who reject Jesus will be punished by going to hell or the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:14-15
King James Version

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.