Salvation. Thoughts?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rickyandx

Mar 29, 2020
For all those who are unsure about their salvation or are unsure if they have lost their salvation, please take the time to read.

In order to be 100% sure you are going to heaven (yes 100%) their are a few things you need to understand.

First: the Bible says we are all sinners, every single one of us. Romans 3:23: "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."

Second: Because we are sinners we deserve to be punished for that sin. Romans 6:23 (Partial Verse) "For the wages of sin is death"
Revelation 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. " So basically all of us as sinners are worthy of everlasting punishment. (but don't worry it is not over yet.)

Third: Jesus Died on the cross for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD. 1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" The Gospel is good news not bad news. In order for you to be saved you must believe. It is of faith alone not of works. Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Jesus dying on the cross saves you. Not your own righteousness. In order for you to be saved you must believe that what he did for us is enough to be saved. Nothing else.

Forth: Once you are saved you are always saved. This is an important principle of salvation. It gives you assurance that you are saved. We are sinners we make mistakes and God knows that. He does not expect us to be perfect. Here are some supporting verses. Romans 6:23 ( end of partial verse above.) "but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." God gives us a gift and that gift is eternal life. When we believe we receive this gift. Eternal, as I am sure everyone is aware, means forever. So when you get saved you are always saved eternally through Jesus Christ. Ephesians 1:13-14 "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory." So once you are saved, by putting your faith or believing in Christ for salvation, you are sealed with the Holy Spirit until Jesus returns to rapture up his people. Also as a side note there isn't a single clear verse in the Bible that says you can lose your salvation. But there are some cryptic verses that people will try to twist. Feel free to ask me about some if you would like.

Fifth: the way that we put our trust in Jesus is through confession which equals prayer. Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." So in order to put your trust in Jesus you must confess that you believe. If you do believe all these things, then you should pray this prayer to show God you trust him. "Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I know that without you I would have to pay for all my sins in hell. But I believe that you died on the cross for all my sins, and I now am putting all my trust in you to take me to heaven. And not myself. And I pray all these things in Jesus' name. Amen."

Thank you for reading. I hope this was a help to you and I hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
Ricky

Jan 17, 2020
For all those who are unsure about their salvation or are unsure if they have lost their salvation, please take the time to read.

In order to be 100% sure you are going to heaven (yes 100%) their are a few things you need to understand.

First: the Bible says we are all sinners, every single one of us. Romans 3:23: "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."

Second: Because we are sinners we deserve to be punished for that sin. Romans 6:23 (Partial Verse) "For the wages of sin is death"
Revelation 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. " So basically all of us as sinners are worthy of everlasting punishment. (but don't worry it is not over yet.)

Third: Jesus Died on the cross for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD. 1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" The Gospel is good news not bad news. In order for you to be saved you must believe. It is of faith alone not of works. Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Jesus dying on the cross saves you. Not your own righteousness. In order for you to be saved you must believe that what he did for us is enough to be saved. Nothing else.

Forth: Once you are saved you are always saved. This is an important principle of salvation. It gives you assurance that you are saved. We are sinners we make mistakes and God knows that. He does not expect us to be perfect. Here are some supporting verses. Romans 6:23 ( end of partial verse above.) "but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." God gives us a gift and that gift is eternal life. When we believe we receive this gift. Eternal, as I am sure everyone is aware, means forever. So when you get saved you are always saved eternally through Jesus Christ. Ephesians 1:13-14 "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory." So once you are saved, by putting your faith or believing in Christ for salvation, you are sealed with the Holy Spirit until Jesus returns to rapture up his people. Also as a side note there isn't a single clear verse in the Bible that says you can lose your salvation. But there are some cryptic verses that people will try to twist. Feel free to ask me about some if you would like.

Fifth: the way that we put our trust in Jesus is through confession which equals prayer. Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." So in order to put your trust in Jesus you must confess that you believe. If you do believe all these things, then you should pray this prayer to show God you trust him. "Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I know that without you I would have to pay for all my sins in hell. But I believe that you died on the cross for all my sins, and I now am putting all my trust in you to take me to heaven. And not myself. And I pray all these things in Jesus' name. Amen."

Thank you for reading. I hope this was a help to you and I hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
Ricky
If Jesus died for each and every person, he didn't pay for sin at all. People must save themselves by not sinning. This is salvation by works.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
John 3:6 is all we need to understand, but I thank you for sharing God’s grace.

Rickyandx

Mar 29, 2020
If Jesus died for each and every person, he didn't pay for sin at all. People must save themselves by not sinning. This is salvation by works.
Are you saying that Grace through faith is works based salvation? Or are you trying to say that in order for people to be saved they have to do works?

L

Locoponydirtman

If a man could save himself via good works then there was no cause for Jesus to be sacrificed.

Jan 17, 2020
Are you saying that Grace through faith is works based salvation? Or are you trying to say that in order for people to be saved they have to do works?
No, I'm saying the atonement was only for God's elect. Paying for their sins only. Being justified by his blood, they belong to Christ and it is impossible for God not to save them. His atonement saves all for whom God intended.

Rickyandx

Mar 29, 2020
No, I'm saying the atonement was only for God's elect. Paying for their sins only. Being justified by his blood, they belong to Christ and it is impossible for God not to save them. His atonement saves all for whom God intended.
The Bible says all. All means all and that's all all means. Simple as that. He did die for all, but people have their own free will and they can choose to reject. Many do, that is what is called free will.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
then you should pray this prayer to show God you trust him. "Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I know that without you I would have to pay for all my sins in hell. But I believe that you died on the cross for all my sins, and I now am putting all my trust in you to take me to heaven. And not myself. And I pray all these things in Jesus' name. Amen."
Please post Book, Chapter, and Verse where Jesus, or any of the Apostles gave us this prayer to pray for salvation. Thanks

Rickyandx

Mar 29, 2020
Okay I understand where you are coming from. Thank you for the comment. I just simply like to give people more details, it helps them have less questions. I also do believe it is important for people to understand they are sinners. Can't be saved if you do not know what you are being saved from.

Rickyandx

Mar 29, 2020
Please post Book, Chapter, and Verse where Jesus, or any of the Apostles gave us this prayer to pray for salvation. Thanks
You can freestyle your own prayer this is just simply an example. But feel free to come up with something from the heart. Not a hardnosed prayer you just need to confess. That is what the Bible says. Thank you for your input.

Jan 17, 2020
The Bible says all. All means all and that's all all means. Simple as that. He did die for all, but people have their own free will and they can choose to reject. Many do, that is what is called free will.
But you are ignoring what ALL and WHOLE WORLD means to a first-century Jew. Salvation was only of the Jews until Christ opened the door for Gentiles according to the promise made to Abraham. All nations would be blessed (saved) in him. But most Jews were obviously lost. As are most gentiles. God only saves the elect from all nations.

“The Father gives me the people who are mine. Every one of them will come to me, and I will always accept them.” John 6:37 (NCV)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
[QUOTE="Rickyandx, post: 4204196, member: 295436"]Also as a side note there isn't a single clear verse in the Bible that says you can lose your salvation. But there are some cryptic verses that people will try to twist. Feel free to ask me about some if you would like.[/QUOTE]

Not true, but, then, those who subscribe to OSAS will agree with you, and they are plentiful here on the BDF, so don't worry..... you will have lots of support...........

Exposing the False Doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved

(excerpt)

This is the will of my Father who sent me, that of all he has given to me I should lose nothing, but should raise him up at the last day. This is the will of the one who sent me, that everyone who sees the Son, and believes in him, should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”
John 6:39-40
Comments: This is a favorite scripture of those who believe in the doctrine of once saved always saved. However, this verse does not say people cannot lose their salvation. It only says it is the will of the Father that none would be lost. Other scriptures make it very clear that the will of the Father is not always done in the earth. This is why Jesus instructed us to pray, ‘Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.’ Another scripture tells us God is not willing that any should perish. However, we know there are many who perish

“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vine dresser. “Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit. “You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. “Remain in me, stay with me, and continue to be with me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it remains, stays, and continues to be in the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in me, stay with me, and continue to be with me. “I am the vine, you are the branches; he who remains in me, stays with me, and continues to be with me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. “If anyone does not remain in me, stay with me, and continue to be with me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. “If you remain in me, stay with me, and continue to be with me and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. “My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so you become My disciples. “Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; remain in my love, stay in my love, and continue to be in My love.
John 15:1-9
Comments: The word ‘abide’ comes from the Hebrew word ‘meno’, which is defined as ‘to remain, to sojourn, not to depart, tarry, to continue to be present, to stay with. When you replace the word ‘abide’ with the clearer definition of what meno means, it shines a bright light on the meaning of this passage from John 15. In this light, John 15 blows a gaping hole in the doctrine of ‘once saved always saved.’

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
But you are ignoring what ALL and WHOLE WORLD means to a first-century Jew. Salvation was only of the Jews until Christ opened the door for Gentiles according to the promise made to Abraham. All nations would be blessed (saved) in him. But most Jews were obviously lost. As are most gentiles. God only saves the elect from all nations.

“The Father gives me the people who are mine. Every one of them will come to me, and I will always accept them.” John 6:37 (NCV)
Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. ~ Matthew 11

That’s not a command to any elect; that’s an invitation to the entire world.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
OTHER SCRIPTURES FROM THE HOLY BIBLE

1. Fall from grace - Gal. 5:1-4,13
2. Be led away with error - 2 Pet. 3:17
3. Err from the truth - James 5:19-20
4. Weak brother may perish - 1 Cor. 8:11
5. Fall into condemnation - James 5:12
6. Be moved away from the hope - Col. 1:21-23
7. Deny the Lord who bought them - 2 Pet. 2:1
8. Depart from the living God - Heb. 3:12
9. Can be a castaway - 1 Cor. 9:27
10. Can become accursed children - 2 Pet. 2:14

Jan 17, 2020
Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. ~ Matthew 11

That’s not a command to any elect; that’s an invitation to the entire world.
But, only believers will come. And Jesus says whoever believes has eternal life.