Salvation through faith or works?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 30, 2019
Hello everyone,

Now a days many people preach, and believe a gospel that is not for them, and they also do not rightly divide the word of truth (II Timothy 2:15 "15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth").

They are also many people that when they don't rightly divide, they believe in a different dispensation. A dispensation is a different time period in which God deals with people.

People believing that we are in the Law, do not understand that the Law was in a different dispensation. In the Law, you had to do an animal sacrifice, for the remission of sins.

In Christ's gospel, people could not sin, since Christ was going to lay out his Kingdom.

After Christ died, there was a guy named Steven which was telling other jewish people that Christ is the Messiah (In that dispensation salvation came by believing in Christ as the Messiah), and that he rose from the dead and some believed that, but did not want to accept it, so they stoned Steven.

This is when God stops dealing with Israel, as nation.

I will always believe in God's gospel, but I will also rightly divide, and understand that Christ was dealing with his people, the jews, not gentiles.

When Christ died he started dealing more with gentiles, and gave the apostle Paul this gospel:

I Corinthians 15:1-4,
"MOREOVER, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

You have forgiveness of sins, when you believe in Christ's blood:
Romans 3:25:
"25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"

Salvation today (Church age) is through faith, not works:
Ephesians 2:8-9,
"8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast."

No one, can ever compare to sinless perfection, and that sinless perfection is Jesus Christ. Folks, Christ died for all our sins, past, present and future, and to gain salvation all you have to do is believe in His precious blood, that He shed.

Have you gotten right with God? If not, I suggest you do, and God's grace be with you!

May 30, 2019
what was the question?

Eph 2:10 is my answer
Hi The Learner!

I believe the only question I stated in my post was “Have you gotten right with God?”

We have to read things in context, and if we do, Eph 2:10, will be stating something that once you have gotten right with God, meaning once you have received the free gift of salvation, you can live for Christ.

I hope this helps to answer your question.

God’s grace be with you!

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Hi The Learner!

I believe the only question I stated in my post was “Have you gotten right with God?”

We have to read things in context, and if we do, Eph 2:10, will be stating something that once you have gotten right with God, meaning once you have received the free gift of salvation, you can live for Christ.

I hope this helps to answer your question.

God’s grace be with you!
Thais a given from the context. I am sure, anyone who read Eph 2:8-9 knows that.