Salvation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 24, 2012
Is it correct to say that Jesus "paid" for our sins? If He did, how did He do so? How is someone saved and what is the significance of Jesus' death on the cross when it comes to how we are saved? Are we saved through faith in Jesus' shed blood? Is it through faith that Jesus' shed blood covers our sins? If so, are we saved because God chooses to look at the blood of Jesus that is covering our sins instead of our sins? Please explain salvation to me.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Vicarious atonement. Isaiah 53 God placed upon His Son Jesus Christ all our sin. Jesus satisfied the penalty of sin and the grace of God gives to us the benefits of perfect righteousness.

Our sin imputed to Christ and His righteousness imputed to us by grace without merit.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Why do so many people start threads on salvation, when there are already literally dozens of threads on it already in this forum??

Sep 24, 2012
2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Vicarious atonement. Isaiah 53 God placed upon His Son Jesus Christ all our sin. Jesus satisfied the penalty of sin and the grace of God gives to us the benefits of perfect righteousness.

Our sin imputed to Christ and His righteousness imputed to us by grace without merit.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Would it be correct to say that Jesus took the wrath of God for us?

Sep 24, 2012

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Were you explaining 2Co 5:21 with this?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Would it be correct to say that Jesus took the wrath of God for us?
It would be more accurate to say, that Jesus took the burden of sin for us. :) God wasn't mad at us or Jesus when He let Jesus die on the cross..

Sep 24, 2012
It would be more accurate to say, that Jesus took the burden of sin for us. :) God wasn't mad at us or Jesus when He let Jesus die on the cross..
But God is wrathful with those who die unsaved, isn't He? Was the wrath that would be directed at us if we were to die unsaved, directed at Jesus? (please anyone correct my thinking here if what I'm saying needs correcting) If Jesus took the wrath of God for us, did God direct it at Jesus without having any displeasure towards Him? (The Father always feels the same about Jesus, right?)

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
Is it correct to say that Jesus "paid" for our sins? If He did, how did He do so? How is someone saved and what is the significance of Jesus' death on the cross when it comes to how we are saved? Are we saved through faith in Jesus' shed blood? Is it through faith that Jesus' shed blood covers our sins? If so, are we saved because God chooses to look at the blood of Jesus that is covering our sins instead of our sins? Please explain salvation to me.

First study the Bible.
One can tell by your questions that has not been completed. After, I assure you there will be questions in your mind to be analyzed and answers sought.
Are you ......born again?
NEVER......... rely on another's opinion...rely on G-d's word.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
But God is wrathful with those who die unsaved, isn't He? Was the wrath that would be directed at us, directed at Jesus?

You mean...not born again.....right?
There is no such thing as....unsaved.

H

Hevosmies358

Why do so many people start threads on salvation, when there are already literally dozens of threads on it already in this forum??
We're stuck in the mud!

Cant even get to the milk! Thats what you get for living in the western world where everything is organized and put into formulas. Salvation is now like reading a how to build a bookshelf manual. Tick the boxes and you're in!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
But God is wrathful with those who die unsaved, isn't He? Was the wrath that would be directed at us if we were to die unsaved, directed at Jesus? (please anyone correct my thinking here if what I'm saying needs correcting) If Jesus took the wrath of God for us, did God direct it at Jesus without having any displeasure towards Him? (The Father always feels the same about Jesus, right?)
God isn't mad at those who die unsaved. He gave us free will to accept or reject Him. I think he's disappointed or sad about those who die unsaved, but not mad at them.

H

Hevosmies358

God isn't mad at those who die unsaved. He gave us free will to accept or reject Him. I think he's disappointed or sad about those who die unsaved, but not mad at them.
Yeah torturting people forever doesn't sound like anger at all!

Maybe a few tears shed?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Are you saying that Jesus did not take the wrath of God for us?
No, He didn't. He took the BURDEN OF SIN for us. There's a difference. God's anger is upon SIN. Not Jesus or us..

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Yeah torturting people forever doesn't sound like anger at all!

Maybe a few tears shed?
It doesn't give God any pleasure at all to torture people. Like I said however, He DID give us a free will to accept or reject Him. So yes, I imagine He's probably shed more than a few tears..

H

Hevosmies358

No, He didn't. He took the BURDEN OF SIN for us. There's a difference. God's anger is upon SIN. Not Jesus or us..
Thats Gandhi and hinduism "Hate the sin, love the sinner" <- Gandhi.

God DOES hate sinners, not just the sin. There is no "sin" without SINNERS.

Psalm 5:5 and you can find more by cross-referencing. Same thing in the new testament, book of Revelation makes it quite clear.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Thats Gandhi and hinduism "Hate the sin, love the sinner" <- Gandhi.

God DOES hate sinners, not just the sin. There is no "sin" without SINNERS.

Psalm 5:5 and you can find more by cross-referencing. Same thing in the new testament, book of Revelation makes it quite clear.

We are ALL sinners. If God loves us so much, yet hates us because we're sinners, then why did Jesus die on the cross? He commands us to love each other as HE has loved US..

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

Is what John Piper is saying here not correct?

Stop putting your trust in people like him. I believe the bible, on what it says about WHY Jesus died on the cross. :) TO SAVE US FROM SIN..