Salvation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 24, 2012
Stop putting your trust in people like him. I believe the bible, on what it says about WHY Jesus died on the cross. :) TO SAVE US FROM SIN..
Can you articulate, with Scripture, why John Piper is not correct in what he is saying there? (I would like to know whether or not Jesus took the wrath of God for us, which is what John Piper is saying there, if I am correct about that)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Can you articulate, with Scripture, why John Piper is not correct in what he is saying there? (I would like to know whether or not Jesus took the wrath of God for us, which is what John Piper is saying there, if I am correct about that)

Jesus took our sin upon HIm.. God was NOT wrathful in allowing Jesus to do so..

Not sure why you can't understand that..

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I didn't watch it, nor do I need to. The bible is clear, that Jesus died for our sins. If He took the wrath of God for us, the bible would say that. But it doesn't, so get off this "wrath of God" mindset.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
God isn't mad at those who die unsaved. He gave us free will to accept or reject Him. I think he's disappointed or sad about those who die unsaved, but not mad at them.

One cannot be unsaved.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
timed out.......

After death and G-d has passed judgement and declared one saved..... no one can change that...it is eternal.

While alive and here on earth we are...born again.

U

UnderGrace

Thats Gandhi and hinduism "Hate the sin, love the sinner" <- Gandhi.

God DOES hate sinners, not just the sin. There is no "sin" without SINNERS.

Psalm 5:5 and you can find more by cross-referencing. Same thing in the new testament, book of Revelation makes it quite clear.

So God hate sinners but we are called to love our enemies.

So we have a higher standard than God's standard?

Best to understand what "hate" means in reference to God and his nature.

H

Hevosmies358

So God hate sinners but we are called to love our enemies.

So we have a higher standard than God's standard?

Best to understand what "hate" means in reference to God and his nature.
Words mean what they say. God also ended the entire humanity save Noah and his family. Doesn't mean we can do that. God hates sinners, PERIOD. You disagree with that you are disagreeing with the Bible.

And yes in many cases we do have a DIFFERENT standard than God. You would never torment anyone forever and ever, yet God does. In this world we don't even allow torture of prisoners of war, yet every bible blieving Christian is okay with God doing that. YOU KNOW WHY? its cause God is God.

Tough luck. Dont let wishywashy feminine western hullabaloo influence your way of thinking.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
They are unsaved if they haven't accepted Jesus at any point during their life..
??? After I die and pass G-d's judgement where He pronounces me saved.....i can become unsaved? How?

Or are you referring to loosing my ...born again...status? There is a big difference.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
??? After I die and pass G-d's judgement where He pronounces me saved.....i can become unsaved? How?

Or are you referring to loosing my ...born again...status? There is a big difference.

If you have already accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you're safe. :) But if you've never gotten saved, I would do it before it's too late.

U

UnderGrace

Words mean what they say. God also ended the entire humanity save Noah and his family. Doesn't mean we can do that. God hates sinners, PERIOD. You disagree with that you are disagreeing with the Bible.

And yes in many cases we do have a DIFFERENT standard than God. You would never torment anyone forever and ever, yet God does. In this world we don't even allow torture of prisoners of war, yet every bible blieving Christian is okay with God doing that. YOU KNOW WHY? its cause God is God.

Tough luck. Dont let wishywashy feminine western hullabaloo influence your way of thinking.
What influences your thinking the concept of limited atonement?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

You cannot be born again UNLESS you get saved..

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
If you have already accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you're safe. :) But if you've never gotten saved, I would do it before it's too late.

You are missing the whole point;

We are not saved while here on this earth...we are born again ........and can loose that status.
After death G-d will judge us and if we pass muster we will be declared saved for eternity. (see the difference?)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Is what John Piper is saying here not correct?
John Piper is a Calvinist and will definitely MISLEAD people about salvation.

Back to the OP. Yes, Christ did indeed pay the penalty for our sins on the cross, and He did indeed shed His blood for our redemption. We must believe this with our whole heart, and believe on Him alone as our Lord and Savior. Those who believe have their sins forgiven and washed away, and their souls washed in the blood of the Lamb of God.

Sep 24, 2012
John Piper is a Calvinist and will definitely MISLEAD people about salvation.

Back to the OP. Yes, Christ did indeed pay the penalty for our sins on the cross, and He did indeed shed His blood for our redemption. We must believe this with our whole heart, and believe on Him alone as our Lord and Savior. Those who believe have their sins forgiven and washed away, and their souls washed in the blood of the Lamb of God.
Would you say it's correct to say that Jesus took the wrath of God for us? (I might have asked you this question in another thread)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Would you say it's correct to say that Jesus took the wrath of God for us? (I might have asked you this question in another thread)

You keep asking that question. It's been answered multiple times. Jesus TOOK OUR SIN for us. NOT God's wrath.. Why are you stuck on God's wrath anyway?

Sep 24, 2012
You keep asking that question. It's been answered multiple times. Jesus TOOK OUR SIN for us. NOT God's wrath.. Why are you stuck on God's wrath anyway?
I guess I think it might be true and I want to read other people's opinions.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I guess I think it might be true and I want to read other people's opinions.
You think it's true? What makes you think that?

Jesus' purpose for dying was to take our sin upon Himself so that we would be saved. God's wrath was NOT upon Jesus while He was upon the cross. Neither was God's wrath upon US for being sinners.

Sep 24, 2012
You think it's true? What makes you think that?

Jesus' purpose for dying was to take our sin upon Himself so that we would be saved. God's wrath was NOT upon Jesus while He was upon the cross. Neither was God's wrath upon US for being sinners.
Is it not correct that God's wrath is on everyone until they are saved?