Salvation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
That is correct and the scriptures will support this
Which verses? I am genuinely curious about this :)

Is it when our hearts of stone are replaced with hearts of flesh?

Deuteronomy 30:6~ The LORD your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you
may love Him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
sozo

To be made whole.
That is true, deliverance (salvation) makes us whole. As far as our eternal inheritance is concerned, by Jesus's death on the cross, we are made holy and without blame, our sins are as far away as the east is from the west, however, we, as born again children, do sometimes commit sins as we sojourn here on earth. The sins that we commit herein this world, as born again children, does not do away with our eternal inheritance, but we do lose our fellowship with God, temporary, until we repent, because God will not fellowship sin.

This explains our eternal deliverance (salvation) as well as our salvations (deliverances) that we receive here on earth.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Is it when our hearts of stone are replaced with hearts of flesh
Yes. The person whose heart has not been changed, such as the person described in 1 Cor 2:14 who will not repent of breaking one of God's spiritual laws that he cannot discern. Only the fleshy heart will repent. The scriptures are the inspired words of God, instructing his born again children as to how he wants them to live their lives as they sojourn here in this world.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yes. The person whose heart has not been changed, such as the person described in 1 Cor 2:14 who will not repent of breaking one of God's spiritual laws that he cannot discern. Only the fleshy heart will repent. The scriptures are the inspired words of God, instructing his born again children as to how he wants them to live their lives as they sojourn here in this world.
Do you have the verses that say this is the born again experience?
Having our heart of stone replaced, so that we can then repent and believe?

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Which verses? I am genuinely curious about this :)

Is it when our hearts of stone are replaced with hearts of flesh?

Deuteronomy 30:6~ The LORD your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you
may love Him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.
Deuteronomy 30:6 = these are the descendants of Jacob whose name was changed to be no more called Jacob, but to be called "Israel" from that day forward (Gen 33:28). Jacob/Israel is representative of God's elect (Rom 9:11).

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Deuteronomy 30:6 = these are the descendants of Jacob whose name was changed to be no more called Jacob, but to be called "Israel" from that day forward (Gen 33:28). Jacob/Israel is representative of God's elect (Rom 9:11).
But that does not say this is the born again experience...

1 John 5:5 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God.

An unrepentant person does not believe.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Do you have the verses that say this is the born again experience?
Having our heart of stone replaced, so that we can then repent and believe?
Eph 2:1-5, God quickens (gives spiritual life/ new birth) to the un-regenerant person described in 1 Cor 2:14 while he is yet "dead spiritually" and cannot discern the things of the Spirit. We must have the Holy Spirit which indwells us, in the new birth, before we can discern spiritual things. Many things happen when, by God's sovereign grace, he quickens us.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Eph 2:1-5, God quickens (gives spiritual life/ new birth) to the un-regenerant person described in 1 Cor 2:14 while he is yet "dead spiritually" and cannot discern the things of the Spirit. We must have the Holy Spirit which indwells us, in the new birth, before we can discern spiritual things. Many things happen when, by God's sovereign grace, he quickens us.
Yes, that makes sense... I am asking because some people say we are born again once we believe.

That then also means a born again believer can remain in a state of non-belief,
for... ? I wonder how long. Because they have not yet repented of their unbelief.

Also, Acts 16:31 - "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved."

So a person is born again before they are saved? :unsure:

From Ephesians 2:4-7
:)

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
That then also means a born again believer can remain in a state of non-belief,
Yes, they remain in unbelief as concerning the doctrine that Jesus taught, however. they do believe that God is their heavenly Father and they serve him the best that they can with their misinterpretation of the doctrine.

The only way to that anyone has knowledge of the doctrine that Jesus taught is from the revelation of the Holy Spirit within them. I found in my experience that as long as you think you are intelligent enough to figure out the truths that are contained in the doctrine, the Holy Spirit within you will not reveal the understanding of those truths. Otherwise, you will take the credit instead of giving it to God.

I grew up going to church with my parents, but never retained much knowledge of the scriptures. Every time I tried to make sense of the scriptures they seemed to contradict each other, mostly on the salvation scriptures. I attended all kinds of different churches, taking notes. When I turned 50 years old, I bought a concordance hoping to understand better, with no avail. I was stubborn enough that I studied diligently for 12 years and finally told myself that I was not smart enough to figure it out. Within a very short time, gradually, the contradicting scriptures began to harmonize

When I realised this, the scripture Mark 8:34 came to mind, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me.

I believe many students of the bible, who are intelectual, have trouble such as this, and are believing their eternal deliverance is due to their good works.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yes, they remain in unbelief as concerning the doctrine that Jesus taught, however. they do believe that God
is their heavenly Father and they serve him the best that they can with their misinterpretation of the doctrine.
If one has been born again but not repented yet of their unbelief, they are still in unbelief.

C

ChristianTonyB

Once we have been born again, we never lose our eternal inheritance, but when we yield to the temptations of satan's lies, we lose our fellowship with God, temporary, (because God will not fellowship with sin) until we repent and then God delivers (saves) us from the cosequiese of that sin. This is a deliverance we receive as we sojourn here in this world.
I don't agree with your assumption here. I think there are plenty of warnings in the Bible that suggests people, after having received the gift of faith (which saves us), can toss it away in favour of retaining or returning to their past ways and the world. Would you let your son be abused again and put back up on the cross to save a person that did that? As the apostle indicated, that is tentamount to what would have to happen, which is obviously abhorrent to God, and just won't. We need to constantly encourage each other to heed the voice of the Shepherd, and keep tucked in behind Him.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
If one has been born again but not repented yet of their unbelief, they are still in unbelief.
That is correct. Rom 3:3, For what if some did not believe? Shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? When we are born again we are in Christ and Christ is in us.(2 Cor 5:17) If we believe not he abideth faithful, he cannot deny himself, because he is in us. (2 Tim 2:13).

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I don't agree with your assumption here. I think there are plenty of warnings in the Bible that suggests people, after having received the gift of faith (which saves us), can toss it away in favour of retaining or returning to their past ways and the world. Would you let your son be abused again and put back up on the cross to save a person that did that? As the apostle indicated, that is tentamount to what would have to happen, which is obviously abhorrent to God, and just won't. We need to constantly encourage each other to heed the voice of the Shepherd, and keep tucked in behind Him.
Yes, I agree that there are plenty of warnings about turning away from God. We, that have been born again are at war, most every day, with our fleshly nature, and we oft times lose the battle, and are chastened to repent. Paul tells us about the struggles that he had with his spiritual nature (born again) warring against his fleshly nature. (Rom 7:18-25).

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
But that does not say this is the born again experience...

1 John 5:5 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God.

An unrepentant person does not believe.
Belief in the things of the Spirit comes after a person has been born again. Believing is not the cause of their new birth. When a born again child of God yields to the lusts of his fleshly nature and commits a sin, he is in a state of "unrepentance" (he has not lost his eternal inheritance) until God pricks his fleshy heart and his guilt brings him to repent. When that happens, God saves (delivers) him from the consequences of that sin. This is a saving we receive as we sojourn here in this world. All of the salvation (deliverance) scriptures are not referring to eternal salvation, but some are. That is where "rightly dividing" comes into play./

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Belief in the things of the Spirit comes after a person has been born again. Believing is not the cause of their new birth. When a born again child of God yields to the lusts of his fleshly nature and commits a sin, he is in a state of "unrepentance" (he has not lost his eternal inheritance) until God pricks his fleshy heart and his guilt brings him to repent. When that happens, God saves (delivers) him from the consequences of that sin. This is a saving we receive as we sojourn here in this world. All of the salvation (deliverance) scriptures are not referring to eternal salvation, but some are. That is where "rightly dividing" comes into play./
Which verses say a person is born again before they repent of their unbelief?

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Is it correct to say that the meaning of salvation is "a deliverance"?
As other said sure to some degree. Well OT anyone that calls on the name of the lord shall be delivered/saved. :)

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Which verses say a person is born again before they repent of their unbelief?
God quickens them to a new spiritual birth by his sovereign grace. No believing, no accepting, no repenting. A person can do no good works that will deliver them eternally, but, after they have been born again, any of their good works will deliver them as they sojourn here in this world.

If you apply all of the salvation (deliverance) scriptures to mean eternally, then you would have to believe that eternal salvation is awarded to you by your good works. Most of the salvation scriptures apply to a deliverance here in this world which is accomplished by your good works (obeying God's commandments.)

It is very simple when the Holy Spirit within you reveals it to you.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
As other said sure to some degree. Well OT anyone that calls on the name of the lord shall be delivered/saved. :)
All born again children of God are rebirthed the same way which includes having the indwelling of the Holy Spirit as part of the new birth. This Holy Spirit is injected into those that our sovereign God quickens by his grace to a new spiritual life. This includes old testament people (Moses - Isaiah 63:11), All children, All adults, they are all born again in the same manner.

C

ChristianTonyB

Thank you for your response. It sounds like you saying that every person, having been saved from the consequences of their past sinful lives, and that has their heart ‘pricked’ about current or unrepented sin in their life, sooner or later will respond favourably to God’s check?

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Thank you for your response. It sounds like you saying that every person, having been saved from the consequences of their past sinful lives, and that has their heart ‘pricked’ about current or unrepented sin in their life, sooner or later will respond favourably to God’s check?
I try to answer all of the questions that I am ask, but can you explain what you mean by "will respond favourably to God's check"?