Sam Kline

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HeavenUp

Sep 20, 2017
Sam Kline

Sam Kline felt fine as he drove out to the store
As he had done a hundred times before
And he didn’t give a thought to the ticket that he bought
Till He saw 10 million dollars he had scored

But soon his new found luck would hit him like a truck
His life would only go from bad to worse
As the lottery came on him like a curse

God’s spirit comes like spring and you can soar on eagles wings
Jesus came so you could have his peace
There’s power in His name and his love is there to claim
Sad songs never last too long when God is in the game

Sam Kline was blind and he couldn’t see the signs
Of the people who were taking him for a ride
Giving cars to all his friends spending thousands without end
Throwing hundred dollar bills into the wind

And his brother saw the cash and a thought came like a flash
So he hired on a hitman who could shoot
But the law stepped in and busted his recruit

Sam Kline he cried when his money was all gone
Only two years after he had struck It rich
And Sam sat on the bed his mind was filled with dread
As he slowly put the gun up to his head

And death hung in the air then Sammy he got scared
As he thought about the life that he would miss
And he chose step away from the abyss

God’s spirit comes like spring and you can soar on eagles wings
Jesus came so you could have his peace
There’s power in His name and his love is there to claim
Sad songs never last too long when God is in the game

HeavenUp

Sep 20, 2017
I wrote this piece because many people, Christians included, don’t know the stories of the many people who’s lives have been ruined by a sudden windfall of money, especially when it’s in the millions.

According to CNBC, lottery winners are more likely to go bankrupt within 3-5 years than the average American, “Studies found that instead of getting people out of financial trouble, winning the lottery got people into more trouble, since bankruptcy rates soared for lottery winners three to five years after winning.

Of course God is the answer. He is the way out of our troubles and He is the way to working through and benefiting from our problems.

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
I wrote this piece because many people, Christians included, don’t know the stories of the many people who’s lives have been ruined by a sudden windfall of money, especially when it’s in the millions.

According to CNBC, lottery winners are more likely to go bankrupt within 3-5 years than the average American, “Studies found that instead of getting people out of financial trouble, winning the lottery got people into more trouble, since bankruptcy rates soared for lottery winners three to five years after winning.

Of course God is the answer. He is the way out of our troubles and He is the way to working through and benefiting from our problems.
Yes that's very true.I am from London and many people have the same path and many say their life is actually better off now without all that money.The love of money is the issue for many who know someone whose has a windfall as the person who has the windfall can be harassed by hangers on,those asking for more money ect ect..
Intresting in the bible solomon held nothing back I regards to certain worldly pleasures and in the end they came to nothing.Only christ can give a person that deep need for satisfaction and forfillment with excessive riches can never really do.
Yes of course I see the structure of this piece.

HeavenUp

Sep 20, 2017
Good point about Solomon. I have been told that there are some Christians that God has blessed with wealth and manage to live balanced and Godly lives. But those people are rare exceptions.