Satans demons keep attacking me why?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Brother MukenyeDeo gracious, no one is laughing! You may be indifferent to what I stated but you can be sure that it is true. One can feel sorry for themselves or they can do something about it. We love you brother,but Jesus taught us also some tough love,LOVE corrects as well!( Proverbs 12:1)

FEAR is the greatest enemy to one's faith,and feeling in the flesh most times leads to fear,but what if? This mindset which once I had destroyed confidence, and assurance. But no more! We all need support brother find a good church where you can be helped and be a help to others.

What helped me was to help others and encourage them to move forward through our Lord Jesus. And above all, no matter how you may feel, stay thankful!!! (1 Thess 5:18) By doing this one stays in God's own will!!! This has really helped me greatly brother!

Jan 24, 2023
FEAR is the greatest enemy to one's faith,and feeling in the flesh most times leads to fear,but what if? Fear is aliar making me depressed and lonely but now have a theme and it's psalms 23 least I get a reason to be proud of and focus my mind on than lust . Though thank your guidance. Brother

presidente

May 29, 2013
Have been struggling with Masturbation since age 12 now am making 21 years. Though it pains had no way of reaching out to any one for guidance fearing to be laughed at even at times I could feel like am to far to be saved from it by Christ but now I feel burden free for I feel I have away of setting myself way from it and forsure am done with it... cause it always comes to my mind when ever I am depressed or too excited about something but I only ask Christ to Clear my mind .
To dream of Angels not of lustful women
I don't know where the Bible says, 'thou shalt not masturbate', but you need to keep a clean conscience toward God. It is also a sin to look at a woman in order to lust after her. Are you looking for a wife?

MaryM

Nov 25, 2022
Please help me I am age forty six now from the age of nineteen for the next twenty seven years I have been constant attack on me from Satan’s demons it had robbed me of my whole life and they block every path to stop me from getting on with my life I have never heard of anybody else going through what I’ve gone through why I am going through this please help me.
I had about five visions from God also

Pray to Jesus Christ and use His name out loud when being attacked. Do not be afraid as all demons are afraid of Jesus.

Dec 7, 2022
Please help me I am age forty six now from the age of nineteen for the next twenty seven years I have been constant attack on me from Satan’s demons it had robbed me of my whole life and they block every path to stop me from getting on with my life I have never heard of anybody else going through what I’ve gone through why I am going through this please help me.
Wow. Reading karen0123's plea for help sends me in several directions at once. If there is one thing I might interject with absolutely no desire to offend a single person is for each here to be careful not to fling out your first thoughts before you yourself have prayed carefully; if not with others in prayer; so as not to offend another while believing you are helping. Giving advice while reciting God's Word is something man has been doing incorrectly for as long as man has been created and without Spiritual wisdom each and every one of us here can get caught up in this. It is especially obvious that it happens in every social chat format whether Christian or not. Even in Christ's name man often gives advice that doesn't fit the situation or even fit the recited scripture, especially when our own imagination judges the situation in a manner which isn't part of the issue at all. I have no idea who any of you are or to what extent God has led you through the years, and have no idea if any who have responded to karen0123's plea for help has done so with total support of God's Spirit or not. But I can say my spirit has cringed more than once at the things I have read in chat here, though this not at all proof either that my reaction is any more secure than another's. One thing I have come to believe is that part of God's image within us is that our words create at the level in which God gave us. It is my belief that each and every single word in fallen man's control can either bring good or evil, many times even without our realizing it. Don't think for a moment that even in Christ we can't error in the words we release. I have responded in this manner because I relate to karen0123's plea and the account in which she has defined above, and all too often have been slapped with people's good intentions when frankly they hadn't clue one what my actual situation was because their humanity got in the way of their need to listen to God's Spirit before they spouted out their offense. Even good advice and God's scripture ought to be carefully delivered so that errant wording doesn't counter the good work one hopes to achieve in Christ.

Dec 7, 2022
Oh my....didn't I say I am mostly lost in here. I just realize that karen0123's post I referred to was from 2011. Geesh.

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I've had my encounters with demons as well, and they know when to strike when we are at our weakest.

When I was a college student, I would be woke up at night feeling an ominous presence in my apartment. My hair stode up and I couldn't even move. I said something to the effect of "In the name of Jesus, get out of here!" The evil spirit(s) left.

I immersed myself in Bible Study, prayer, fasting, and asking my pastor and brethren to pray for me. Eventually, the demons never haunted my apartment again.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Oh my....didn't I say I am mostly lost in here. I just realize that karen0123's post I referred to was from 2011. Geesh.

She comes back from time to time, adds a comment about demons, boosting up the post. She has not taken our advice, and has not improved. I take this post with a big grain of salt. I've been around since 2011, and I'm very tired of this post popping up, with the same old, same old. I new post should be started, with how she has improved, with the help of the Holy Spirit! I've given up on that, & believe the post should be closed!

karen0123

Dec 14, 2011
Its kind of scary though. But one thing i suggest you do is this, have faith that you can get out of the situation. Surround yourself with wall sticker {not images} of the scriptures that you can continually read to yourself as well as memorise. Watch godly films, read christian books, listen to christian tape & attend a bible believing church but above all HAVE FAITH that God is able to deliver you. Read psalm 91 before going to bed. It works!

psalm 91,I will read it before bedtime, thank you.

karen0123

Dec 14, 2011
She comes back from time to time, adds a comment about demons, boosting up the post. She has not taken our advice, and has not improved. I take this post with a big grain of salt. I've been around since 2011, and I'm very tired of this post popping up, with the same old, same old. I new post should be started, with how she has improved, with the help of the Holy Spirit! I've given up on that, & believe the post should be closed!

Jesus never gave up on you why should you give up on a sister? millions upon millions of people around the world are going through exactly what I’m going through. Please pray for me.

Honest

Feb 5, 2023

Honest

Feb 5, 2023
When this has happened to me I remember that Satan would not bother if I wasn't focusing on God and gaining faith and strength. Use that thought if you doubt and want to console yourself. It helps me😊

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Wow. Reading karen0123's plea for help sends me in several directions at once. If there is one thing I might interject with absolutely no desire to offend a single person is for each here to be careful not to fling out your first thoughts before you yourself have prayed carefully; if not with others in prayer; so as not to offend another while believing you are helping. Giving advice while reciting God's Word is something man has been doing incorrectly for as long as man has been created and without Spiritual wisdom each and every one of us here can get caught up in this. It is especially obvious that it happens in every social chat format whether Christian or not. Even in Christ's name man often gives advice that doesn't fit the situation or even fit the recited scripture, especially when our own imagination judges the situation in a manner which isn't part of the issue at all. I have no idea who any of you are or to what extent God has led you through the years, and have no idea if any who have responded to karen0123's plea for help has done so with total support of God's Spirit or not. But I can say my spirit has cringed more than once at the things I have read in chat here, though this not at all proof either that my reaction is any more secure than another's. One thing I have come to believe is that part of God's image within us is that our words create at the level in which God gave us. It is my belief that each and every single word in fallen man's control can either bring good or evil, many times even without our realizing it. Don't think for a moment that even in Christ we can't error in the words we release. I have responded in this manner because I relate to karen0123's plea and the account in which she has defined above, and all too often have been slapped with people's good intentions when frankly they hadn't clue one what my actual situation was because their humanity got in the way of their need to listen to God's Spirit before they spouted out their offense. Even good advice and God's scripture ought to be carefully delivered so that errant wording doesn't counter the good work one hopes to achieve in Christ.
"Thank you for putting forth some sound words. And spiritual wisdom being of great significance.
Many appear clueless to this truth."

tenor9IYMK91O.gif

presidente

May 29, 2013
I've been in the situation a couple of times where the pastor invites me into a room, and he wants me to join in on deliverance--- two pastors in different states.

One man had been having all kinds of problems, not being able to sleep, etc. The pastor had met with him and I was being filled in with the details of all the things this man was suffering as they discussed it. The pastor went through the passage of the curses on the people of Israel if they disobeyed the law, and item after item was on the list.

This man had sold idols online to make money, and that might have been at the root of it. @karen0123 , not too long ago I saw some old videos by Derek Prince, and he told about how many people who had had demonic experiences had had some kind of background in the occult. Sometimes they had been to a fortune teller, maybe not even taking it seriously. Ocultic activities include going to fortune tellers, trying to communicate with the dead, offering food to the dead, offering food to idols, bowing to idols. He would pray with the people, and they would confess their sin specifically as part of getting delivered.

Sometimes people do occultic activities for fun, not very seriously, playing with Ouija boards, little kids games like bloody Mary, or talking to a ghost named Freddy or other kinds of activities.

Some of the space alien stuff may also be occultic in nature.

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
I just finished reading this whole thread!

Before I got saved, I was like 15 or 16. I went to sleep one night and got sleep paralysis. I didn't see anything at first but heard a very deep evil voice in my ear although I can't remember what was said. In my mind I was thinking it was trying to put my mind into confusion and make me insane. I think I had my eyes closed, but yet I saw an evil eye staring straight at me up close to my face. The eye's look told me everything - it HATED me and wanted me destroyed. It surprised me because, yes, this is the first time I've ever seen a real demon, but also because it hated me (like as if I did something personally offensive to it). I didn't know God then, but my parents would take me and my siblings to church when I was younger so I started praying the Lord's prayer.

I didn't even get to finish the prayer when I witnessed this:

In my spirit, I actually sensed that the powerful demon was frightened - not just frightened though. The demon was ASBOLUTELY TERRIFIED of the Lord!!!! And I didn't even know God as my Savior back then!

The demon fled and I felt the atmosphere lifted.

That was a pretty impactful event and ever since then I started to seek the Lord.

I got saved when I was 17 going on 18. If you read my "About" post, my walk with God was rocky for many years because of my hard-headedness but He got me through it. I can say that my walk with God now is healthy! (Thank you, Lord! ❤️)

But, for anyone who is being harassed by demons, please know that they are TERRIFIED of the Lord. God is a powerful, protective fortress and wants you to run to Him for safety. The key thing is to keep your eyes on the powerful Lord and remain abiding in Him.

Satan might lie to you and say "oh, you're not in His safekeeping (God can't protect you)" or "you don't deserve to be in His care" (this actually isn't a matter of deserving - we actually NEED Him so God WANTS to give His care to us). NONE of what Satan says is true. This is why you need to keep your eyes on the Lord and not look away from Him as the focus of your life.

When you get saved, God gives you the Holy Spirit as a seal that you belong to Him. But the Holy Spirit isn't just our seal over us - He actually causes us to change and grow into Christlikeness! That means, He will cause to overcome all the types of sin in your life, to be strong enough to overcome temptations.

The key thing is simply to ABIDE in the Lord. Keep Him consciously in focus throughout the day, bring Him into every decision that comes, ponder what He would do in whatever occasion comes your way. Resist the enemy (demonic oppression and tempation) in the Lord's power.

If you maintain abiding in the Lord, you'll keep your "house" from being invaded by demons wanting to return (or even new ones), and you'll keep from falling back into favorite besetting sins.

This is to be lifelong until we come home to the Lord or when He collects us. It's lifelong because when we've overcome one particular besetting sin, God will want to work in other areas of your life that need work.

-=<*>=-

There are special cases though. Sometimes people aren't able to come to Lord themselves. Like that paralyzed man who couldn't come to the Lord when He was in town. Fortunately, the paralytic had friends who dug a whole in the roof where the Lord was and lowered their friend to Jesus for healing (Luke 5:18-25). So we should help wherever another person can't help themselves.

-=<*>=-

Mental illness treatment is a consideration though. I'm a registered nurse and had to study mental illnesses in nursing school. Even though we aren't licensed to diagnose, we're taught to recognize certain conditions so that we can assist the doctor in the treatment he or she prescribes. I think it would be a good thing to have such professional counselling - especially if nothing I wrote about in the above is helping.

I'm writing this because spiritual harassment/oppression - in my experience - doesn't seem to last long if you bring it to the Lord and have it addressed. If you do everything the Lord tells you to do in obedience to His instructions (like abiding in Him and not resisting His work), then you'll be able to overcome the harassment and/or besetting sins pretty relatively quick.

This demonic harassment/oppression being posted about SHOULDN'T be taking over 10 years to resolve. So either the person isn't consistently abiding in the Lord and/or they need psychiatric help. Plus they keep adding to or changing their story. So...*shrug*.

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
In my experience the enemy has come in like a flood at times when the LORD calls me up higher in my walk (so as to prevent it) or reveals to me something that the enemy doesn't want me to know or share.

I am often having to resist the enemy.

What 2ndTime has shared about abiding is the answer without a doubt.

For me it doesn't always prevent an attack, but the duration of one.

He is my Strength in the midst of the storms, my High Tower, the Saving Help of His countenance. :giggle:

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
You know, I'm not a stranger to long term battles...it's been going on for me for most all of my life and I'll consider sharing a little bit if you think it'd help you feel less alone.

I can say that I wouldn't recommend sleeping pills (as I presume that is what you meant by "sleeping tables" in a previous post)...there really aren't any safe ones if you are dealing with stuff like this.

Outside some chamomile, lavender, lemongrass and "maybe" a few other mild herbs you should be VERY aware of what you use to sleep and AVOID anticholinergic drugs (benadryl, nyquil, zzquil, etc.). I'm not going to go in depth publicly about "why" but I'm willing to private message you and I think you'll be reasonably convinced that it may be exacerbating the issue. That seems like a good starting place if you still use them.

I get that low sleep vs nightmares is a tough choice but there's a lot to be said and this is just one small element of "life" that I'm battling through. In fact, I stayed up WELL past when I intended so I'll have to stop.

Just something to consider.

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
You know, I'm not a stranger to long term battles...it's been going on for me for most all of my life and I'll consider sharing a little bit if you think it'd help you feel less alone.

I can say that I wouldn't recommend sleeping pills (as I presume that is what you meant by "sleeping tables" in a previous post)...there really aren't any safe ones if you are dealing with stuff like this.

Outside some chamomile, lavender, lemongrass and "maybe" a few other mild herbs you should be VERY aware of what you use to sleep and AVOID anticholinergic drugs (benadryl, nyquil, zzquil, etc.). I'm not going to go in depth publicly about "why" but I'm willing to private message you and I think you'll be reasonably convinced that it may be exacerbating the issue. That seems like a good starting place if you still use them.

I get that low sleep vs nightmares is a tough choice but there's a lot to be said and this is just one small element of "life" that I'm battling through. In fact, I stayed up WELL past when I intended so I'll have to stop.

Just something to consider.
I would not mind learning what you know on the Nyquil and other drugs.

I do not use these but have people close to me that do.