Saturday night

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 6, 2021
I honestly don't know where to start, I love my parents to death and I am grateful for them being in my life . I've been a pretty good child my whole life because of how strict my parents are. There's nothing wrong of wanting to protect your child, Just to the point where you cant even trust your own child anymore. I had nothing bad in mind just wanted to go out and hang out with my friends, be able to go out. My parents would never let me do that. I kept on getting the answer no too many times where I just got fed up with it. My ex and I were talking at the time and even though things never felt the same because we were broken up, I still wanted to talk and hangout. That Saturday night he told me to seek out and hangout with him, at first I didn't want to because I know that my parents would definitely say no , but i was done staying inside everyday. I decided to go we met up and it was fun at first but he wanted to do more things that I wasn't ready for, once i told him no he kind of got serious and said that I should go home which i agreed. We got into the car and i saw that he left me a big hickey on my neck i got so scared and shocked that I didn't know how to react. Me thinking how was i going to cover this up. It was a awkward dive back home and that whole night, I couldn't sleep. Now my mother found out and she's going to talk to me any minute, I texted him saying of what happen and if its okay that i said the truth, he just said that he didn't want to put his name out there which showed me who he really is. I thought that i was going to have fun but instead it hit me back making me feel uncomfortable and unsafe. I feel like I'm doing more bad things because of how strict my parents are and when they do let me go out I go crazy and do things that I end up regretting. i need help

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I honestly don't know where to start, I love my parents to death and I am grateful for them being in my life . I've been a pretty good child my whole life because of how strict my parents are. There's nothing wrong of wanting to protect your child, Just to the point where you cant even trust your own child anymore. I had nothing bad in mind just wanted to go out and hang out with my friends, be able to go out. My parents would never let me do that. I kept on getting the answer no too many times where I just got fed up with it. My ex and I were talking at the time and even though things never felt the same because we were broken up, I still wanted to talk and hangout. That Saturday night he told me to seek out and hangout with him, at first I didn't want to because I know that my parents would definitely say no , but i was done staying inside everyday. I decided to go we met up and it was fun at first but he wanted to do more things that I wasn't ready for, once i told him no he kind of got serious and said that I should go home which i agreed. We got into the car and i saw that he left me a big hickey on my neck i got so scared and shocked that I didn't know how to react. Me thinking how was i going to cover this up. It was a awkward dive back home and that whole night, I couldn't sleep. Now my mother found out and she's going to talk to me any minute, I texted him saying of what happen and if its okay that i said the truth, he just said that he didn't want to put his name out there which showed me who he really is. I thought that i was going to have fun but instead it hit me back making me feel uncomfortable and unsafe. I feel like I'm doing more bad things because of how strict my parents are and when they do let me go out I go crazy and do things that I end up regretting. i need help
It's all a choice. Strict parents or not it comes down to what You decide. You can't blame your parents for that.
And if you have the foresight to already see that there's potential to make bad choices due to strict parents, then it will only make you that much more responsible if you make bad choices.

It's all up to you.

Also strict is rather subjective. What's strict to one may be fine to another. But it seems in this case they were right. You ignored them and did what you wanted and now you're stuck with the consequences.
And, personally, I thought your story was going to be way worse than a hickey. He could've done a lot worse.

The world is full of people that don't want to hear no, act on their own impulses and desires and mostly we have a world full of miserable people.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
It could have been worse. My 16 yo (at the time) stepdaughter told me she was going to a friend's place one New Year's Eve. I gave her the OK. What could go wrong? Everything. I warned her that I would check. She did not believe me. Big mistake. Of course I checked. She saw the New Year in on the local beach. She came home wasted, she'd been assaulted and was a complete mess. I overreacted and neither of us were happy.

Parents may be over controlling at times, but we remember what we got up to at your age. That filled me with dread. There comes an age when all you can do is advise. That age depends on the maturity of the individual. Just remember that it is parents who are left to pick up the pieces.

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019
If you think your parents are strict, you are in for a rude awakening when it comes to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Then Jesus said to all of them, “If anyone wants to come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me (Luke 9:23).

After you ponder that verse, consider Colossians 3:20: Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.

Are your actions pleasing to the Lord?

Nom

Jul 26, 2021
I’m sorry about your parents and all… I wish that they and your friends come together and form a wholesome oath 😊 (I’m just being silly I donT knOw WhaT tO SaY) Don’t be afraid of the discipline and the unfairness and find it in yourself and allies to change this all around!