Saved from a life of hell...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Chris217

Jul 10, 2018
Illinois
I am going to try to make this a short version...

I am 35. I have been saved since August of 2015. (but it has been quite the stuggle). I got saved sitting in a jail cell. I lived a life of addiction and wrong doings. Before ending up in jail I was addicted to drugs, alcohol, sex, money, crime, gangs..you name it I was addicted to it....
Most of my childhood years were spent lost trying to fit into one crowd or another and trying to impress them by doing whatever it was they were doing. Growing up without a father made me feel so lost that I was attracted to anyone that showed me any kind of attention even if it was negative. These things continued through out the years. I was a proud atheist on the path of self-destruction and selfishness. I couldn't hold a job, I couldn't fulfill my side of any relationship..like I said I was lost. I was in and out of jail, rehabs, hospitals. I was a mess... During all this at age 25 I had a beautiful son but I was so caught up in me that I wasn't ever able to be a real father. All these things continued until age 32 when I was arrested again on some serious charges while intoxicated. I was going to prison, there was no doubt about that. But going to prison saved my life..it got me clean and sober, got me away from the things I was around and most of all I was able to find God and accept Jesus into my life. This was 3 years ago.. I wish I could say it has been easy but it has not. I continue moving forward one day at a time getting closer to God, to Jesus and finding myself. I don't have to try to fit in anymore and look for acceptance. I don't have to wake up trying to figure out how I am going to get my next drug or drink. Jesus accepts me for who I am and forgives me of my sins. Thank God for that!

Thank you for reading. Sorry if it is kind of all over the place, I am not the greatest writer! If anyone has any other questions or would like to talk about anything please feel free to message me.

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
Thanks so much for sharing your encouraging testimony, friend. It’s amazing to see how God is working powerfully in your life. Your story reminds me of the parable of the lost sheep. I’m praying that God will continue to bless you in a special way, provide for all your needs and help you to grow in the knowledge of His love. Grace and peace to you and yours!

MrH59

Jun 24, 2018
Beech Island SC
you are a brave person. a example of we don't have to let where we come from dictate how were going to live. GOD bless you. But you are right and I am glad you know this, if satan thinks he's gonna lose you he is gonna fight you all the way. He is gonna use every trick in his book. But you fight him with your book. The bible says resist the devil and he will flee, that's true but he wont go far if you don't believe it and trust in GOD. Wake up in the morning and say Jesus, please walk with me. You have my prayers and my respect. Good luck to you and GOD bless