B
BlondeScience
Guest
I just saved a centipede. *goosebumbly heebie jeebie shivers* I would love to spend the time looking at insects more closely, maybe I should so I don't get so creeped out. But a habit I've learned to appreciate is saving insects. It's like a teenie tiny good deed.
Whenever I see an insect inside, I grab a glass and a piece of paper, scoop it up and put it outside. On occasion, I have squished a couple of spiders, but sometimes, especially in winter, I'll just let them be. I'll be sure to tell it though, "Don't let anyone else see you, because they'll probably squish you."
Fly paper is one of the most inhumane things on the planet. I know it sounds weird to empathize with flies so hardcore. But one time, I actually squished a fly tape strip worth of flies just to put them out of their hellish misery.
One time a coworker of mine flushed an injured fish down the toilet. It made me so sad.
I'm not sure how I would put a fish out of its misery. I'm not going to think about it unless I have to. I cried when my guppie was sick and did the death wiggle and passed.
Why am I writing about this?
Maybe just to enlighten a few people. Just a reminder that insects are God's living creatures too, and it only takes a second to save a little life. I dunno. It makes me so happy when I do. Although that centipede is still giving me the shivers. They're sooo creepy. I don't think I've ever killed a centipede though. Insects with an exoskeleton I'll just pick up with my bare hand. They don't creep me out for some reason.
Dragonflies are my favourite insect in the whole world. Did you know that dragonflies mate for life?.How cool is that? I had the opportunity to save a dragonfly a couple summers ago. It was so beautiful. I was at the beach, and they have a restaurant close by and there's always bugs inside there 'cause the balcony/deck is always open. There was a huge, beautiful blue dragonfly stuck to the window inside. And I was so happy that I saw it, 'cause I knew I was gonna set it free. I asked it to trust me (dragonflies are so amazing. They do trust so well when they're in trouble. As if God tells them, it's okay. This person is here to help you.) It stayed calm in my hands, and I walked out to the edge of the balcony and raised it up in my hand and it flew away. I was sooo happy for it.
They are such beautiful creatures!
Butterflies too, or course. I've certainly never had a reason to kill a butterfly. Lol Who would? Howard Wollowitz? ("I ate a butterfly") Lmao
Anyway, so there's my spiel about insects and tiny creatures. Save them. It matters. Love all the creatures. Except mosquitos. They suck. But they're good food for dragonflies so they do have a purpose!
Thanks for reading!
*Blessings*
Crystal
Whenever I see an insect inside, I grab a glass and a piece of paper, scoop it up and put it outside. On occasion, I have squished a couple of spiders, but sometimes, especially in winter, I'll just let them be. I'll be sure to tell it though, "Don't let anyone else see you, because they'll probably squish you."
Fly paper is one of the most inhumane things on the planet. I know it sounds weird to empathize with flies so hardcore. But one time, I actually squished a fly tape strip worth of flies just to put them out of their hellish misery.
One time a coworker of mine flushed an injured fish down the toilet. It made me so sad.
Why am I writing about this?
Maybe just to enlighten a few people. Just a reminder that insects are God's living creatures too, and it only takes a second to save a little life. I dunno. It makes me so happy when I do. Although that centipede is still giving me the shivers. They're sooo creepy. I don't think I've ever killed a centipede though. Insects with an exoskeleton I'll just pick up with my bare hand. They don't creep me out for some reason.
Dragonflies are my favourite insect in the whole world. Did you know that dragonflies mate for life?.How cool is that? I had the opportunity to save a dragonfly a couple summers ago. It was so beautiful. I was at the beach, and they have a restaurant close by and there's always bugs inside there 'cause the balcony/deck is always open. There was a huge, beautiful blue dragonfly stuck to the window inside. And I was so happy that I saw it, 'cause I knew I was gonna set it free. I asked it to trust me (dragonflies are so amazing. They do trust so well when they're in trouble. As if God tells them, it's okay. This person is here to help you.) It stayed calm in my hands, and I walked out to the edge of the balcony and raised it up in my hand and it flew away. I was sooo happy for it.
They are such beautiful creatures!
Butterflies too, or course. I've certainly never had a reason to kill a butterfly. Lol Who would? Howard Wollowitz? ("I ate a butterfly") Lmao
Anyway, so there's my spiel about insects and tiny creatures. Save them. It matters. Love all the creatures. Except mosquitos. They suck. But they're good food for dragonflies so they do have a purpose!
Thanks for reading!
*Blessings*
Crystal