Saviour

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I hope everyone reading this recognises their Saviour. I do. He is very dear to my heart and I knew Him from a young age that there was no other man who was perfect in every way. Yet many people dont even see Him or recognise Him.

But for those who dont know Him is your actually saviour someone else?
Maybe someone did literally save your life and you are always grateful, if so, who is this person? How did they save your life?

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Who is your saviour?

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
that is my question to you.
Lol, no where in your OP do you mention who it is, which is why I wanted to know who your saviour is.

My Saviour is Jesus Christ of Nazareth 💙

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Lol, no where in your OP do you mention who it is, which is why I wanted to know who your saviour is.

My Saviour is Jesus Christ of Nazareth 💙
lol i thought you would just know who Im talking about Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the Name above all Names, there is no other.

I was thinking how some peoples lives get saved (maybe they near drowned in the sea and a lifesaver came and rescued them or something) and then for the rest of their life they are always grateful to this person for saving their life.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
ok I guess nobody else has any other saviours in their life.

What about children? In the Bible it days women are saved in childbearing. I know many women who testify that if they hadnt had children they wouldnt be alive because without children they would have no reason for living. Children, babies completely depend on you. If you died, your children would have less chance of survival, I guess thats why God gives grace, especially to mothers.

Pets. I have heard that animals have saved the lives of many a human. A streetcat named Bob is a true story about a cat that saved the life of a former drug addict. If Bob had not come into James life, he probably wouldnt be alive today.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
ok I must be the only one who kinda thinks you only give yourself to the person who saved your life, to know that is the one to spend the rest of your life devoted to.

Everyone else can just pick someone random from a dating site or they meet at a dance or went to school with or whatever.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I was at this bird sanctuary Island yesterday and thinking how we can all be saviours.

Our native birds were dwindling and even some had become extinct so what happened was some volunteers planted up a bare island with native bush etc to provide homes for our native birds and made it predator free.

25 years later its a thriving ecosystem and our birds are breeding and we can get to see them.

Its amazing that just even just one tree planted can provide a home and food for a bird. But if everyone planted one there would be an entire forest or network of trees. I am sure the birds are so grateful that they are saved and able to live in peace on this island without worrying for their very existence.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Do you mean someone or something that has been one's "saving grace"?

That concept I can see a lot of places. Like "there's one saving grace in this situation" kind of thing.

You mentioned pets that's why I'm trying to see where you are coming from. From that mentality I understand pets being a sort of salvation. The only times I've had near death experiences I'm pretty disconnected from them.

I attribute these to the Lord and give thanks, but I suppose I don't feel the full weight of it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Do you mean someone or something that has been one's "saving grace"?

That concept I can see a lot of places. Like "there's one saving grace in this situation" kind of thing.

You mentioned pets that's why I'm trying to see where you are coming from. From that mentality I understand pets being a sort of salvation. The only times I've had near death experiences I'm pretty disconnected from them.

I attribute these to the Lord and give thanks, but I suppose I don't feel the full weight of it.
yes kinda.

I know God did actually send me a cat in my life at one point. And he did 'save' from being lonely. I think Gods creatures show us the need to nurture and reach out to us in ways humans cant.

I often hear of elderly or disabled people who are cut off from their families, when they interact with an animal, they feel uncondtionally loved. And literally have contact with another creature when nobody else can give them the time of day.

When you think about it, God told Noah to build and ark and it was the dove that came back to tell him the waters had dried up. and all those creatures on the ark, were being saved, were Noahs salvation. God could have just saved Noah and his family alone on a little dinghy but no.