Saying no to God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
The Lord gave us Jesus, and through Jesus we have eternal life. We all say yes to the Lord, and accept the righteousness that we have in Christ.

The Lord also gives us ways to live in our earthly life. We are given the freedom to choose these ways or to reject them. God told us the end of the week was a Sabbath, and gave this day to us to rest from our labors. God wants us to have fun and celebrate, and gave us a plan for that. God knew that if we worked together by helping each other, everyone would benefit so a plan was set in place for us to follow.

These things are the extra things God gives us, they don’t affect the basic gift we are given, the gift of eternal life. We have said no to most of them. Men set up their own plan for celebrations, they liked their way better. Man accepts God’s plan for eternal life, and we say it is enough.

This post is asking you to think about what our life would be like if we accepted all of God’s plans for us. Let’s all agree the decision that has been made does not affect our eternal life. This post is only a what if.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
I believe that most of us underline the verses that talk about joy, hope and blessings. We want to celebrate. The other side of the plan, the responsibilities, the self-discipline, the denial of self, the sacrifice and the sharing, meet with a lot more resistance, if not downright denial. The times of sorrow and grief, the waiting and loneliness can cause people to rage at God. Sometimes, when we give ourselves over to God to use as He wills, we will find ourselves in places we don't want. Turning the other cheek and loving our enemies do not go with our love of our rights and freedoms. Caring for those God loves when it is unpopular, inconvenient or requiring sacrifice, even risk to our health and safety, can be part of God's plan and most will reject this. If we did ask God what He would have of us, and we obeyed our world would be radically different. People would not applaud our choices. Even in our churches there would be some who'd oppose obedience if it went against current societal values. Following God's plans can even put your life at risk but oh what a radical testimony of God's love would be made if we obeyed.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Well, I started out by skimming this post, and then not understanding, I read the paragraphs in reverse order. Then I decided to read some of the paragraphs but not all of them, so I have no idea what you wrote or why you wrote it.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Well, I started out by skimming this post, and then not understanding, I read the paragraphs in reverse order. Then I decided to read some of the paragraphs but not all of them, so I have no idea what you wrote or why you wrote it.
Wow! It is simply asking you to think about how your life would change if you decided to follow God's suggestions about the feasts, the Sabbath day, and taking care of each other.

We are following the way men decided we should. The spring feasts have been changed, Pentecost is thought of in a different way, and we have added Christmas. God didn't ask us to celebrate the birth of the earthly Christ, God only asked us to celebrate how Christ related to our salvation.

Laughingheart spoke discipline and sacrifice, and some posters say what God suggests for us is a burden. God gave us this plan for our joy, fun, and pleasure. Feasting isn't a burden, it is a celebration. Taking care of each other with love certainly doesn't lead to a sad sour society.

Jan 25, 2015
This is such a sad post. We have to encourage one another not try to break each other's spirits... Sad sad sad.....

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
This is such a sad post. We have to encourage one another not try to break each other's spirits... Sad sad sad.....
It is strange to me that you find it sad, to me it is understanding the goodness of the Lord. We are made in His image, and dependent on Him for our wellbeing and eternal life. This is seeing the goodness in everything about the Lord, even His plans for our celebrations.

One year a group of us decided to have a Seder on Passover. We studied the ways of a Christian Seder first. It was a wonderful experience. I think all of the Lord's suggestions for us would be a wonderful experience.

Jan 25, 2015
It is strange to me that you find it sad, to me it is understanding the goodness of the Lord. We are made in His image, and dependent on Him for our wellbeing and eternal life. This is seeing the goodness in everything about the Lord, even His plans for our celebrations.

One year a group of us decided to have a Seder on Passover. We studied the ways of a Christian Seder first. It was a wonderful experience. I think all of the Lord's suggestions for us would be a wonderful experience.
I replied to Blackpowder :D his post is sad....

B

Blackpowderduelist

I read some commentaries about what you wrote but they all disagree about what you wrote so I still have no idea

B

Blackpowderduelist

Good grief! Of all the Charlie Brown's in this world you are the Charlie Browniest

B

Blackpowderduelist

My responses to you, Blik, are a satirical observation. Not actually about what you wrote, but about the subject matter that you wrote about.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I read some commentaries about what you wrote but they all disagree about what you wrote so I still have no idea
How can you disagree with this? It is only to consider how our life would be if we used God's suggestions about the Sabbath, feasts, or alms? Do the people object to thinking about something, even? Do these disagreeing people also claim that men can think and lead better than God can? It was men who led the church's celebrations.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
The Lord gave us Jesus, and through Jesus we have eternal life. We all say yes to the Lord, and accept the righteousness that we have in Christ.

The Lord also gives us ways to live in our earthly life. We are given the freedom to choose these ways or to reject them. God told us the end of the week was a Sabbath, and gave this day to us to rest from our labors. God wants us to have fun and celebrate, and gave us a plan for that. God knew that if we worked together by helping each other, everyone would benefit so a plan was set in place for us to follow.

These things are the extra things God gives us, they don’t affect the basic gift we are given, the gift of eternal life. We have said no to most of them. Men set up their own plan for celebrations, they liked their way better. Man accepts God’s plan for eternal life, and we say it is enough.

This post is asking you to think about what our life would be like if we accepted all of God’s plans for us. Let’s all agree the decision that has been made does not affect our eternal life. This post is only a what if.
The way I see it anything that brings you personally closer to God is worth doing, everyone has their own ways of doing so as everyone is unique and relates and connects with him differently.
Personally I have never felt lead to do these things and so I never do anything until he leads me to do so. He is like the commander and I am the soldier a soldier doesn't act on his own accord he waits for the command.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I believe that most of us underline the verses that talk about joy, hope and blessings. We want to celebrate. The other side of the plan, the responsibilities, the self-discipline, the denial of self, the sacrifice and the sharing, meet with a lot more resistance, if not downright denial. The times of sorrow and grief, the waiting and loneliness can cause people to rage at God. Sometimes, when we give ourselves over to God to use as He wills, we will find ourselves in places we don't want. Turning the other cheek and loving our enemies do not go with our love of our rights and freedoms. Caring for those God loves when it is unpopular, inconvenient or requiring sacrifice, even risk to our health and safety, can be part of God's plan and most will reject this. If we did ask God what He would have of us, and we obeyed our world would be radically different. People would not applaud our choices. Even in our churches there would be some who'd oppose obedience if it went against current societal values. Following God's plans can even put your life at risk but oh what a radical testimony of God's love would be made if we obeyed.
This is a very wise and insightful post my friend. I have found that we tend to enjoy the good times with him and this is a blessing but we seem to just as humans in general grow the most in trials and tribulation and even more so as believers because in this time our hearts are being tested tried melted and reformed.
I have seen more times than I can count when I tell him that to use me for anything big or small easy or hard telling him I will follow him into the unkown this is when the phrase becareful what you wish for because trust me he will answer every time. In fact in this year alone I have been taken into storm and waters I have never traversed spiritual warfare I have never experienced brought to places where I had to choose to trust him instead of instinctively trusting him like I normally do but he also has brought me into waters of the unkown where I have experienced him in ways I never have, he has used me in ways he never did before all in all there were many times where I was at my end where I was completely drained and overwhelmed but the journey in the unknown has also been a huge blessing

Father is not looking for the strong or the wise or the ones who are great in faith and have vast scriptural knowledge he is looking for the willing but if we desire for him to use us and are willing to go the distance we also must count the cost and ask ourselves can we hold on to him can we go into the unkown even if it is hard and scary and are we prepared to go into the storm. Anyone who in their hearts know this is what they desire will see such amazing things with him but will also likely be brought into areas they are not used to and it may be very hard on you as well but the rewards are more than worth it

P

pottersclay

I think it would be a glorious life but that's not possible. We have a heart condition that needs to be corrected. In fact it needs to be replaced.
This is the very core of the trouble. We , some could mimic , pretend, or just do out of obedience but that is not what God wants.
Our very flesh demands attention and rebels against anything or body that takes it away.
Our pride and self ser ving addituide needs adjusting.
There would always be sin in the camp.

Imo.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
I am tempted to say that this is a case of majoring on minors. We have a society going to hell on an express train and will get there a bit quicker if Biden becomes president, so let's all go into the world and make disciples of all nations.

Jan 12, 2019

Paul explains to us that our works after we are saved, even though it will not affect our salvation, does affect our rewards in heaven.

1 Cor 3
8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

So doing good works is definitely a wise decision for all of us.

I would say, however, make sure as one does good works, he should do it on the foundation of the gospel of grace that Paul laid for the Body of Christ as the foundation.

stepbystep

Aug 31, 2020
Wow! It is simply asking you to think about how your life would change if you decided to follow God's suggestions about the feasts, the Sabbath day, and taking care of each other.

We are following the way men decided we should. The spring feasts have been changed, Pentecost is thought of in a different way, and we have added Christmas. God didn't ask us to celebrate the birth of the earthly Christ, God only asked us to celebrate how Christ related to our salvation.

Laughingheart spoke discipline and sacrifice, and some posters say what God suggests for us is a burden. God gave us this plan for our joy, fun, and pleasure. Feasting isn't a burden, it is a celebration. Taking care of each other with love certainly doesn't lead to a sad sour society.
This is pretty much what I thought you were trying to say in your first Post. You want all believers to be Judaizers, yes?

Much of what you speak about falls under the Laws of Moses which ruled the Jews and their lifestyles.

The Church is no long under the Law! There are far too many Scriptures in the New Testament that expressly state that the Church is ONLY under the Law of Grace/the New Covenant. This is the Law that Jesus came to earth, preached, shed His blood for to establish; and rose to claim His Throne and be the Lord of!

We were not created for the Sabbath, the Sabbath was created for us. I know this because Jesus said it was so. Any person Christian or Jew who strives to live their lives in accordance with the Law of Moses will be judged by that Law. Scripture tells us they will NOT fare well come the Judgement.