Scripture Art and Various Creative Conceptions Born of Love

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
What a beautiful testimony! This is the first time I heard of it and I appreciate you sharing. And your art...oh my goodness...it's sooo elaborate with all those delightful colours!! :love:
Sweet Gracie... Thank you for your very kind comments to me :)

God continues to pour His blessings upon/into my life, and
I am so very grateful for the life I live today because of Him :love::):love:

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
For lack of an amen button I use the check mark from me in means more than I agree it means we are of one accord.

Those who know me know I am a hardcore recovery advocate. Beside being a christian and a parent and grandparent, it is my life's work. I'm a retired counselor and I KNOW addiction is across the line from casual and recreational use. It IS an AMA and APA recognized mental illness but it usually indicates other mental or emotional problems are present also and need to be dealt with. People in that condition aren't having fun any more they are ill. Intoxicants simply make them/us, feel better, if only for a short time.

A person that seriously considers suicide for a final solution is pretty ill don't you think? Thank you @Magenta for breaking your Anonymity and sharing this darkness from your past. I am proud of you. She proved 2 things this morning there IS a solution. His name is Jesus and he hears the prayers of a humble sinner. He has made the stains from our pasts as white as snow. Praise the Lord!

PS. step 3 AA Big Book chapter 5 how it works Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the will of God...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
For lack of an amen button I use the check mark from me in means more than I agree it means we are of one accord.

Those who know me know I am a hardcore recovery advocate. Beside being a christian and a parent and grandparent, it is my life's work. I'm a retired counselor and I KNOW addiction is across the line from casual and recreational use. It IS an AMA and APA recognized mental illness but it usually indicates other mental or emotional problems are present also and need to be dealt with. People in that condition aren't having fun any more they are ill. Intoxicants simply make them/us, feel better, if only for a short time.

A person that seriously considers suicide for a final solution is pretty ill don't you think? Thank you @Magenta for breaking your Anonymity and sharing this darkness from your past. I am proud of you. She proved 2 things this morning there IS a solution. His name is Jesus and he hears the prayers of a humble sinner. He has made the stains from our pasts as white as snow. Praise the Lord!

PS. step 3 AA Big Book chapter 5 how it works Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the will of God...
Amen, Bob :):love::)

G

Gracie_14

Sweet Gracie... Thank you for your very kind comments to me :)

God continues to pour His blessings upon/into my life, and
I am so very grateful for the life I live today because of Him :love::):love:
It is my pleasure :) And, I'm sure we are all grateful for your life :)

G

Gracie_14

I love how you put your portraits up along with worship songs that links so well. It's so cool! And that song is absolutely amazing...it has been ages since I last listened to it :)

Thank you!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I love how you put your portraits up along with worship songs that links so well. It's so cool! And that song is absolutely amazing...it has been ages since I last listened to it :)

Thank you!
You are welcome, Gracie, and thank you! I am glad you enjoy both the music and the graphics :):love::)I saw a picture of Jesus at work yesterday (I work in a photo lab), and it had that Scriptural verse on it (John 10:10b). I knew right away I wanted to make a graphic with it. I borrowed the image of Jesus from Life Bits; Sherril posted it here the day before. I hope nobody finds it offensive :D I was listening to praise and worship music as I was working on this, and added lines from a number of songs when they struck me as being quite appropriate :) I had never heard that song before until very recently :D Lucky you to have had it playing as part of the soundtrack of your life for much longer! :):love::)

G

Gracie_14

You are welcome, Gracie, and thank you! I am glad you enjoy both the music and the graphics :):love::)I saw a picture of Jesus at work yesterday (I work in a photo lab), and it had that Scriptural verse on it (John 10:10b). I knew right away I wanted to make a graphic with it. I borrowed the image of Jesus from Life Bits; Sherril posted it here the day before. I hope nobody finds it offensive :DI was listening to praise and worship music as I was working on this, and added lines from a number of songs when they struck me as being quite appropriate :) I had never heard that song before until very recently :D Lucky you to have had it playing as part of the soundtrack of your life for much longer! :):love::)
Yes, and the graphic is soooo beautiful! You placed the image of Jesus so perfectly...It's so amazing! :love: Haha and I'm sure no one takes offence ;) The words you picked were definitely well chosen. :)

I have just recently signed up to this graphic designer program called Canva. Have you heard of it? You can pretty much create your own designs from posters to postcards, invitations to desktop wallpapers. It's pretty cool where you can create anything from scratch using your own images...or just use templates. I really love graphic designs and plan to use it for personal use like sending personal cards and stuff like that. So, I was wondering, what program do you again? I don't really recall hehe. :)

G

Gracie_14

Yes, and the graphic is soooo beautiful! You placed the image of Jesus so perfectly...It's so amazing! :love: Haha and I'm sure no one takes offence ;) The words you picked were definitely well chosen. :)

I have just recently signed up to this graphic designer program called Canva. Have you heard of it? You can pretty much create your own designs from posters to postcards, invitations to desktop wallpapers. It's pretty cool where you can create anything from scratch using your own images...or just use templates. I really love graphic designs and plan to use it for personal use like sending personal cards and stuff like that. So, I was wondering, what program do you again? I don't really recall hehe. :)
Dunno if you've listened to this song, Magenta...but it's such a wonderful song by Hillsong Young and Free...lol, just a gift ;)

Also this one....

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Dearest Gracie... for the first and most part of this year I was using a free online imaging program called Pixlr. Then I took a hiatus from posting on this site in mid June, during which time I was not making graphics at all, because I make them for the purpose of sharing here. When I returned near the beginning of September, Pixlr no longer existed, so I lost access all my layered images files (I still had all the final saves that had been posted here). Christian Chat had just undergone its platform change at the end of May, also, and so it took me a while to get the hang of things again, because I have so many elements to use in my creations (over 1.400 in one folder alone), and if I am not constantly accessing them, I lose track of where they are. Anyway, my daughter has been a fan of my designs all along :D So when I told her I was looking for a new program to use, she gave me Photoshop CC 2015. Oh, isn't it neat that CC is right there in its name? :giggle:

Here is another one of the songs that was playing while I was working on that latest graphic :)

I have no heard of Canva, butt I hope you have much success with it :)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
M, Pixlr still exists.. I use it everyday.. In fact, I just used it a few minutes ago..

Edit: they also have a new version of Pixlr.. still free.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
M, Pixlr still exists.. I use it everyday.. In fact, I just used it a few minutes ago..

Edit: they also have a new version of Pixlr.. still free.
It wasn't there in September when I returned to this site after my hiatus. Thank you for telling me that Pixlr is available again, though, Blue, because now I can access all the layered files I have saved on my laptop from earlier this year that will not open in any other program :)

G

Gracie_14

Dearest Gracie... for the first and most part of this year I was using a free online imaging program called Pixlr. Then I took a hiatus from posting on this site in mid June, during which time I was not making graphics at all, because I make them for the purpose of sharing here. When I returned near the beginning of September, Pixlr no longer existed, so I lost access all my layered images files (I still had all the final saves that had been posted here). Christian Chat had just undergone its platform change at the end of May, also, and so it took me a while to get the hang of things again, because I have so many elements to use in my creations (over 1.400 in one folder alone), and if I am not constantly accessing them, I lose track of where they are. Anyway, my daughter has been a fan of my designs all along :D So when I told her I was looking for a new program to use, she gave me Photoshop CC 2015. Oh, isn't it neat that CC is right there in its name? :giggle:

Here is another one of the songs that was playing while I was working on that latest graphic :)

I have no heard of Canva, butt I hope you have much success with it :)
Oh, I see...well, that's quite interesting! :) Thanks for sharing! I've heard of photoshop but not sure about the particular one you use...I might check it out....sounds cool. I'm sorry for the loss of your files....

Oh and lo and behold...Pixlr still exists according to Blue...such great news :D I think now you can access them. Well, all things work together for our good... ;)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
for the first and most part of this year I was using a free online imaging program called Pixlr. Then I took a hiatus from posting on this site in mid June, during which time I was not making graphics at all, because I make them for the purpose of sharing here. When I returned near the beginning of September, Pixlr no longer existed, so I lost access all my layered images files (I still had all the final saves that had been posted here).
i've used the Pixlr app on my phone for years :D

not the same thing as you're talking about, but neat to hear that's what you used :)
i had no idea they had a bigger web-based suite, it was just something that came pre-installed on an old phone that i liked so i've kept the .apk and ported to every phone i've had since.

i have the adobe suite, having had access through university to a lot of expensive software for free, so i use photoshop & illustrator or indesign, tho i don't do anything like what you do, purple lady. i love your work

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
i've used the Pixlr app on my phone for years :D

not the same thing as you're talking about, but neat to hear that's what you used :)
i had no idea they had a bigger web-based suite, it was just something that came pre-installed on an old phone that i liked so i've kept the .apk and ported to every phone i've had since.

i have the adobe suite, having had access through university to a lot of expensive software for free, so i use photoshop & illustrator or indesign, tho i don't do anything like what you do, purple lady. i love your work
Thank you for your very kind words, post! I cannot imagine Pixlr working on a phone o_O The program used to crash when I would have over 200 layers going at a time in one template :giggle: Pixlr is excellent as a free online imaging program, but Photoshop is my preferred program :) It sure uses a lot of power, though :censored::D

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I designed this template over the weekend :)
It started out as a remake for my Promises of God,
originally created for the Not By Works thread,
based on a post by @dcontroversal. I had wanted
to redesign it for personal reasons, and did,
but then it morphed into this :love: Bob made helpful
suggestions for additions to this template :) I am
currently reading through the Gospel of Matthew :)
I did not put my name on it, because it belongs to God :love:

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
She is too kind. From the entire Bible my favorite passage is the sermon on the mount. It is 3 chapters long an includes the beatitudes, the Lords prayer and let your light shine sections of the sermon and was taught to us by the Lord himself. It is the sermon this section of text in this panel came from. It's basic "How to be a Christian 101." Good job girlie(y)!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Thank you, Bob. You continue to be such an inspiration to me :love:

I worked on this one some more :) It looks
quite different from when you saw it earlier :D

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

This is another one I was working on throughout last week.
It is a reminder of how Christians are to treat others :)