Scripture Based Flat Earth Proposition

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
If the earth is flat, what's at the edge? Has anyone ever reported falling off the edge? Also what is holding up the flat earth?

🎣

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
If the earth is flat, what's at the edge?
The edge.

(What you need to understand is that the 'edge' is well-beyond the dome and no mortal human has any chance of reaching it.)

Has anyone ever reported falling off the edge?
No.

Also what is holding up the flat earth?
The power of God.

Job 26:

7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
God placed the rainbow in the sky after the flood. Since the rainbow is the result of sunlight reflecting off the rain, it stands to reason that rain had to begin with the flood.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
The uncomfortable reality is that Scripture does not tell us, therefore any answer is speculative and any argument based on speculation is not valid.
I suggest that consideration should be given to some ideas that may give valuable insight to the topic.

God placed the rainbow in the sky after the flood. Since the rainbow is the result of sunlight reflecting off the rain, it stands to reason that rain had to begin with the flood.

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
The edge.

(What you need to understand is that the 'edge' is well-beyond the dome and no mortal human has any chance of reaching it.)

How come there hasn't been any scientific exploration of the edge? If people were able to go to the moon or send satellites up into space, why haven't there been any exploration beyond the dome?

Has anyone studied the dome? I haven't found any research on the dome. What's it made of? Why is it shaped like a dome and not a box??? How come no one has seen it or taken pictures of it?

Where does the water go if the earth is flat. Wouldn't it drain off the edge? Is the dome holding it back? Is there only earth beyond the dome?

The power of God.
Job 26:

7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

What empty place??? What about the other points like south, east and west? Does the Bible mention what happened to them?

I just saw the eclipses yesterday. In Carbonville, IL, the viewers there were also able to see a couple of the planets, Jupiter and Venus - they were spherical! How come our planet is flat with a dome over it? Why isn't the moon flat too? Why isn't the sun?

The other planets should be flat too:

🎣

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
One can only assume this current system was in place BEFORE the flood.

Again, it is assumption that it began to rain after man was put in the garden.

I will have to disagree. I don't see evidence that it EVER rained until the time of the flood.

It makes sense to me that "the windows of heaven" refers to "the waters which were above the firmament" just as "the fountains of the great deep" refers to "the waters which were under the firmament".
Fair enough. As you point out, and I completely agree, the question of whether it rained before the Flood-rains doesn't answer the question of if the Flood waters came from the 3rd heaven. I've presented to you the scriptural indications, logic and our-knowledge-of-creation reasons of why, if one were to make a conclusion either way, why one would conclude did not come from the 3rd heaven. That's the extent of it.

If you want to believe it did, I don't think anyone condemns you for it. I certainly don't. Scripture says we should know and be able to speak the reasons why we believe what we believe.

Since you wanted to present this idea, I just thought maybe you'd have reasons for believing the rain came from the waters above the firmament, especially considering scripture reads these waters were separated from waters below the firmament. Unless I missed it (and maybe I did), you don't have, and haven't presented, any reasons for believing it; is that fair to say?

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
How come there hasn't been any scientific exploration of the edge?
How can you if you cannot go there?

If people were able to go to the moon or send satellites up into space, why haven't there been any exploration beyond the dome?
No one has been to the moon. There are no satellites "up in space" - 'space' is not even real. (as we have all been taught)

How can you explore beyond the dome if you cannot go through the dome to the other side?

Has anyone studied the dome? I haven't found any research on the dome. What's it made of? Why is it shaped like a dome and not a box??? How come no one has seen it or taken pictures of it?
If anyone has studied the dome, it has only been done by governments with secret hidden agendas.

Where does the water go if the earth is flat. Wouldn't it drain off the edge? Is the dome holding it back? Is there only earth beyond the dome?
The water is held back by an ice wall.

Job 26:

10 He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.

~

Don't ask silly questions; instead, educate yourself on the topic. :)

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
@2ndTimeIsTheCharm - this statement was not meant to be insulting - the 5-minute time limit ran out before I could correct/fix it. Sometimes, I am very direct and to-the-point in how I write [something] - not always realizing how it might come across.

I added that statement to the post somewhat impulsively because your post reminded me of how "classic" uneducated-about-the-Flat-Earth_model posts often tend to go - silly questions.

But the fact remains - I can tell that there is a lot you do not know/understand about the true nature of the world you live in. I want to encourage you to "do the research" and learn all you can...

Apr 27, 2023
Tell me how to use a compass at the north pole, if the Earth is flat. Can you explain a geographical compass.

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
How can you if you cannot go there?
We've been able to go everywhere else! How come there is no official scientific research to at least explain why we can't go to the edge?

No one has been to the moon. There are no satellites "up in space" - 'space' is not even real. (as we have all been taught)
The government spent a lot of money on NASA for nothing then. :)

How can you explore beyond the dome if you cannot go through the dome to the other side?
At least take pictures of the dome to show everyone else. How come there are no pictures? How come no research about the dome itself???

If anyone has studied the dome, it has only been done by governments with secret hidden agendas.
What? No one sent anything to Wiki Leaks? Ima giving Julian Assange a talking to....!

The water is held back by an ice wall.

Job 26:
10 He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.

@2ndTimeIsTheCharm - this statement was not meant to be insulting - the 5-minute time limit ran out before I could correct/fix it. Sometimes, I am very direct and to-the-point in how I write [something] - not always realizing how it might come across.

I added that statement to the post somewhat impulsively because your post reminded me of how "classic" uneducated-about-the-Flat-Earth_model posts often tend to go - silly questions.

But the fact remains - I can tell that there is a lot you do not know/understand about the true nature of the world you live in. I want to encourage you to "do the research" and learn all you can...

I think I've pretty much exposed how silly your flat earth conspiracy really is. Thank you! :giggle:

🎣

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
As you point out, and I completely agree, the question of whether it rained before the Flood-rains doesn't answer the question of if the Flood waters came from the 3rd heaven.
I don't think he is saying that the flood waters came from the 3rd heaven. The waters above the firmament are positioned between the 2nd heaven and 3rd heaven.

In other words, the flood waters came from the waters that are above the firmament - "just above" the 2nd heaven. (but below the 3rd heaven)

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I think I've pretty much exposed how silly your flat earth conspiracy really is. Thank you! :giggle:
"You're welcome!" :giggle:

:LOL:

What is really funny is when someone says a few words about whatever they are thinking and decides that it is enough to "prove" just how terribly wrong you are about the many years of research you have done that leads you to the conclusion that you have presented.

"classic"

:rolleyes:

(I have nothing against you, dear - I just hope you wake up soon...)

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
"You're welcome!" :giggle:

:LOL:

What is really funny is when someone says a few words about whatever they are thinking and decides that it is enough to "prove" just how terribly wrong you are about the many years of research you have done that leads you to the conclusion that you have presented.

"classic"

:rolleyes:

All you needed to show me were pictures of the dome or the wall of ice (with the edge off in the distance). Or even explain why it's a dome and not shaped like a box. But you couldn't provide any of these most basic pieces of evidence.

You're a silly person and I can't take you seriously. To that point, I don't even care if you try to shame me. That would only work if I wanted your influence. But you've got no influence that I want.

🎣

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Tell me how to use a compass at the north pole, if the Earth is flat. Can you explain a geographical compass.
Why would it be any different than anywhere else? (Even at the north pole of a globe earth - do you know how to use it there?)

Apr 27, 2023
Why would it be any different than anywhere else? (Even at the north pole of a globe earth - do you know how to use it there?)
If the earth were flat, it wouldn't be useless at the North pole.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
All you needed to show me were pictures of the dome or the wall of ice (with the edge off in the distance). Or even explain why it's a dome and not shaped like a box. But you couldn't provide any of these most basic pieces of evidence.

You're a silly person and I can't take you seriously. To that point, I don't even care if you try to shame me. That would only work if I wanted your influence. But you've got no influence that I want.
I am not trying to 'shame' you, dear - I only want to get you to think beyond the "brainwashing" you have received since birth.

If you really believe that the truth rests on what pictures I [personally] am able to show you - then - you are putting a whole lot more trust in me than you realize.

Some of the pictures you seek have been posted over-and-over-and-over-and-over in the flat earth threads on this site.

I say - put your trust in the real source of all truth - God / Jesus / the Bible - from which you may obtain the best answers.

The most 'basic' pieces of 'evidence' are the things you willingly choose to ignore - because you have been "trained" since birth to "not see them"...

Susanna

Apr 14, 2023
Galveston and Houston
I am not trying to 'shame' you, dear - I only want to get you to think beyond the "brainwashing" you have received since birth.

If you really believe that the truth rests on what pictures I [personally] am able to show you - then - you are putting a whole lot more trust in me than you realize.

Some of the pictures you seek have been posted over-and-over-and-over-and-over in the flat earth threads on this site.

I say - put your trust in the real source of all truth - God / Jesus / the Bible - from which you may obtain the best answers.

The most 'basic' pieces of 'evidence' are the things you willingly choose to ignore - because you have been "trained" since birth to "not see them"...
My dear fellow Texan Gary, are you still on this flat earth conspiracy?😁