Scriptures For Mental Warfare

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 7, 2019
Does anyone know any great scriptures for when the enemy is trying to attack the mind?

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
the Lord will fight for you, you only need to be still (Exodus 14:14)

be still and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the nation, I will be exalted in all the Earth (Psalms 46:10)

every one shall bow, and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord (Romans 14:11)

no one can see God's face and live (Exodus 33:20)

in Revelation, Jesus will cast Satan into hellfire

demons are terrified of God (James 2:19)

vengeance belongs to God (Romans 12:19)

submit to God, resist the devil and Satan will flee from you (James 4:7)

since we are surrounded by a great cloud of witness, let us throw off every weight that slow us down and every sin that so easily entangles us, and let us not lose heart (Hebrews 12:1-2)

take heart, I have overcome the world (John 16:33)

Sep 3, 2016
Does anyone know any great scriptures for when the enemy is trying to attack the mind?
Place and maintain your Faith exclusively in the Son of God and the Lamb of God, i.e., Christ and the Cross, and receive immediate victory right now! Romans 8:2, Gal. 2:20-21, 1 Cor. 1:18, 1 Cor. 2:2

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Place and maintain your Faith exclusively in the Son of God and the Lamb of God, i.e., Christ and the Cross, and receive immediate victory right now! Romans 8:2, Gal. 2:20-21, 1 Cor. 1:18, 1 Cor. 2:2
While I don't want to hijack the thread, I need to address this error. Jesus, the Son of God, IS the lamb of God.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Put your armour on every day (Ephesians 6:10-18).
Philippians 4:5-9.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
It is spiritual warfare, and Ephesians chapter 6 gives you the true picture or what is happening and how to protect yourself.

Every mind (Christian or not) is a battleground. The mainstream media are constantly trying to mislead the general population about everything, while feeding them mindless *entertainment*. Facebook, Twitter, and all social media are designed to keep your mind focused on either non-essentials or rubbish. Also a multitude of *religious* books have been (and are being) published to put people on the path to Hell. You need to be extremely careful about books found in Christian bookstores.

But your primary offensive weapon against Satan and evil spirits is the Holy Bible. And that is why it is called "the Sword of the Spirit". But not just any Bible. You must use the King James Bible exclusively to have God's truth faithfully presented to you. And the attacks on this Bible are also a part of spiritual warfare.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
2 Corinthians 10
5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

~Duet
p.s. - the Lord watches over us in each of the temptations we face to 1. make sure that it is not more than we can handle and 2. to provide us with a way out from under the temptation so that we can avoid falling into sin. Look for the way(s) of escape that He provides :)

1 Corinthians 10
13 No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

Mar 23, 2016
1 Peter 5:

6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:27 KJV

In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.
Psalms 94:19 KJV

Sep 3, 2016
While I don't want to hijack the thread, I need to address this error. Jesus, the Son of God, IS the lamb of God.
What I have stated can only be heard in "Truth" and in "Righteousness!" (Proverbs 8:7-8).

Romans 8:6-10 King James Version (KJV)

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be Spiritually Minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the Law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of Righteousness.

Those of us who are being saved through sanctification must place and maintain our Faith exclusively in the Son of God and the Lamb of God, i.e., Christ and the Cross, i.e., The Finished Work at Calvary's Cross, i.e., The Blood of Jesus, and receive immediate victory right now (daily)! Romans 8:2, Gal. 2:20-21, 1 Cor. 1:18, 1 Cor. 2:2

Our Temple can only be built by Faith placed and maintained exclusively in Christ (The Son of God) and the Finished Work at Calvary's Cross (The Lamb of God). The Holy Spirit recognize no other! Vs. 10 says that the body is dead because of sin! In other words you can do it by natural means!

Dec 12, 2013
The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer. My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold

Dec 12, 2013
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. Therefore my heart rejoices, and I will thank Him with my song.

Dec 12, 2013
Besides all, having taken up the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one

Mar 28, 2016
I would offer .

Jesus as the Son of man according to the flesh affords us with a great example in Mathew 4 . Having established having come after the new order of Melchezedek as our high priest. The father sent him to begin his public ministry in the wilderness to represent him as our scapegoat.

Forty days no food in a weakened state of his fleshly mind . The father of lies brought in what some call out of the body experience.

Three times with three used to denote the end of a matter the father lies as a fallen angel gave weakened Jesus a illusion of seeing things that had substance .(things not there.) Jesus strengthened by the father three times established the one source of faith by which we can believe God . Declaring the gospel . . . . as "it is written again, again, again" Jesus our example refused to believe His fleshly mind but rather gave glory to the father not seen . No strong delusion was necessary to be sent. Jesus spoke the Truth as the way delusion fly away .

Just as it is today with those who do seek a alternate source of faith other that as it is written and again and again

He warns us not to go above the authority as it is written. new creatures (Christians) have as a privilege the mind of Christ so that we can walk by faith, the unseen eternal

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind Colossians 2: 18

No, I will worship another source of faith other that as it is written in the law and the prophets (the Bible) But as he wills the meat of the word .

Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom (of this world) in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh. Colossians 2: 23

oyster67

May 24, 2014
1 John
4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

You have already begun to win the victory because you recognize the enemy for who and what he is. The accuser of the brethren is real, but even He must gain permission from God...

Job
1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
1:7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
1:8 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that [there is] none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?
1:9 Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
1:10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
1:11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
1:12 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath [is] in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

You are positioned in the perfect place for spiritual warfare...

Matthew
17:18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.
17:19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
17:21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Jun 7, 2019
I would offer .

Jesus as the Son of man according to the flesh affords us with a great example in Mathew 4 . Having established having come after the new order of Melchezedek as our high priest. The father sent him to begin his public ministry in the wilderness to represent him as our scapegoat.

Forty days no food in a weakened state of his fleshly mind . The father of lies brought in what some call out of the body experience.

Three times with three used to denote the end of a matter the father lies as a fallen angel gave weakened Jesus a illusion of seeing things that had substance .(things not there.) Jesus strengthened by the father three times established the one source of faith by which we can believe God . Declaring the gospel . . . . as "it is written again, again, again" Jesus our example refused to believe His fleshly mind but rather gave glory to the father not seen . No strong delusion was necessary to be sent. Jesus spoke the Truth as the way delusion fly away .

Just as it is today with those who do seek a alternate source of faith other that as it is written and again and again

He warns us not to go above the authority as it is written. new creatures (Christians) have as a privilege the mind of Christ so that we can walk by faith, the unseen eternal

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind Colossians 2: 18

No, I will worship another source of faith other that as it is written in the law and the prophets (the Bible) But as he wills the meat of the word .

Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom (of this world) in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh. Colossians 2: 23
Thank you very much for this powerful scripture! It spoke to me really God bless you!

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Hello Ebs24,
Place your focus on Christ, not your current challenge.

1 Pet 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

John 16:33 Jesus said, These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Joshua 1:9 The LORD said to Joshua, Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

2 Tim 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Read & Reread Aaron’s Benediction. It's always been a blessing to me during time's of challenge.

Numbers 6:
22 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

23 Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying, On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel, saying unto them,

24 The Lord will bless you, and keep you

25 The Lord will make His face shine upon you with favor, And be gracious to you

26 The Lord will shine his face upon thee, and give thee His peace.