searching ourselves through others allows humility within to create a new person

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 14, 2024
As a relatively new person in Christ Jesus, I often look at, to, and reflect those in faith around me. I often wonder how many believers in Christ truly know where their faith starts and ends in the paradigms that life throws at us. To seek wisdom through prayer, scripture, others whose walk is true. When do we truly discover our reflection in him who sees all. Hope all find themselves within where our new spirit lives and breaths.

Chaps

Apr 3, 2024
California
Can you explain more what you mean by “truly know where their faith starts and ends in the paradigms that life throws at us.”?

It is wonderful that you have recently put your trust in Christ and are walking in Him and seeking His wisdom throughout the day. I’m praying that God will continue to help you understand the depth of his love so that you might be filled with all the fullness of God.

I would also encourage you to immerse yourself in Scripture. Study a book at a time and strive to know it and walk by it. I pray that God would put godly people in your life who can encourage you to grow in your faith and knowledge of the truth. It is critical that you have the Word deeply planted in your heart, that you know it, live by it and meditate on it as the enemy will surely seek to discourage, twist and undermine the hope that you have.

Grace and peace to you, William.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
As a relatively new person in Christ Jesus, I often look at, to, and reflect those in faith around me. I often wonder how many believers in Christ truly know where their faith starts and ends in the paradigms that life throws at us. To seek wisdom through prayer, scripture, others whose walk is true. When do we truly discover our reflection in him who sees all. Hope all find themselves within where our new spirit lives and breaths.
I wonder the same as somewhat long-time believer....

Apr 14, 2024
Can you explain more what you mean by “truly know where their faith starts and ends in the paradigms that life throws at us.”?

It is wonderful that you have recently put your trust in Christ and are walking in Him and seeking His wisdom throughout the day. I’m praying that God will continue to help you understand the depth of his love so that you might be filled with all the fullness of God.

I would also encourage you to immerse yourself in Scripture. Study a book at a time and strive to know it and walk by it. I pray that God would put godly people in your life who can encourage you to grow in your faith and knowledge of the truth. It is critical that you have the Word deeply planted in your heart, that you know it, live by it and meditate on it as the enemy will surely seek to discourage, twist and undermine the hope that you have.

Grace and peace to you, William.
Thank you for your response. I'm in a place where I search out the truth not just in scripture but by the Christians that I have relationships with. I find sometimes I see my gifts in others, there fore I feel a connection to those in Christ. the paradigm I struggle with has to do with a fellow who joined our church and small group a few months ago. A lady who I completely respect and care about as a fellow Christian told me she was moved by the Holy Spirit to help this man. So, I trusted her with this. I have put my faith in God/Jesus in helping this fellow with housing, furniture, and much more. Over the past few weeks I've spent time with him because of my desire to know this Christian who states he follows scripture, faith in everything he does. I watched him do many things that were sinful in actions with no regard for conscience/shame or anything. When I asked him about his actions in a very compassionate way. he quoted scripture that states "all have come short of the glory of God". This makes no sense to me. When I even think about doing something not right my conviction stops me in my tracks. So, my paradigm is I feel like I'm missing something from my faith. I love Jesus/God with all my mind, all my strength, and all my might. I have been given many gifts by the spirit and spread the news of Jesus to many people. Yet, something doesn't seem right. There fore my conflict with ME is where does my faith start and end in this journey.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi williamkind, welcome to the fellowship and fun at CC! I have found Christian friends who are what might be called 'baby Christians' who are believers but want to serve the flesh. I don't hang around with them but may have a chat over the phone. I did share that certain behavior was out of God's will but the person was in carnal mode. So it's to be expected that people are at different stages in their walk with the Lord. Glad you found CC and God bless & keep you🙏

Apr 14, 2024
Hi williamkind, welcome to the fellowship and fun at CC! I have found Christian friends who are what might be called 'baby Christians' who are believers but want to serve the flesh. I don't hang around with them but may have a chat over the phone. I did share that certain behavior was out of God's will but the person was in carnal mode. So it's to be expected that people are at different stages in their walk with the Lord. Glad you found CC and God bless & keep you🙏
Thank you. I guess sometimes I want to believe that most Christians I meet ( this fellow stated he had ben a Christian for over 40 years) who are in the Lord for a long time say one thing and do the opposite. I'll continue to pray for him.

Apr 10, 2024
I believe Christ reveals himself through the circumstances of life. You will find Him in the darkest valleys of life and the highest mountains. I think many people today are carnal and idolize the things of this world and the flesh. The greatest success is hearing "well done good and faithful servant". There's no end or beginning to our faith. I hope that made sense and answered your question.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
R (11) - Copy.jpg

"Followers of Christ may well be so conformed to worldly things that surely
it may be hard to distinguish them. I have learned since my spiritual awakening
that without sound spiritual enlightenment, many make claim of untruths when
desires of the flesh appear to prevail over spiritual reality."

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Thank you for your response. I'm in a place where I search out the truth not just in scripture but by the Christians that I have relationships with. I find sometimes I see my gifts in others, there fore I feel a connection to those in Christ. the paradigm I struggle with has to do with a fellow who joined our church and small group a few months ago. A lady who I completely respect and care about as a fellow Christian told me she was moved by the Holy Spirit to help this man. So, I trusted her with this. I have put my faith in God/Jesus in helping this fellow with housing, furniture, and much more. Over the past few weeks I've spent time with him because of my desire to know this Christian who states he follows scripture, faith in everything he does. I watched him do many things that were sinful in actions with no regard for conscience/shame or anything. When I asked him about his actions in a very compassionate way. he quoted scripture that states "all have come short of the glory of God". This makes no sense to me. When I even think about doing something not right my conviction stops me in my tracks. So, my paradigm is I feel like I'm missing something from my faith. I love Jesus/God with all my mind, all my strength, and all my might. I have been given many gifts by the spirit and spread the news of Jesus to many people. Yet, something doesn't seem right. There fore my conflict with ME is where does my faith start and end in this journey.
Sin, Deception, Love, Wisdom:

Humans are a fallen race, sinners by nature.
Perhaps God wants you to learn to be prudent, and wise, rather than being naive.

The act of loving others does not require us to be abused, or to forego setting boundaries to protect ourselves.
We are to love people while also seeing them as they are, and being wise and prudent.

A good place to start in all of this, is to start with a definition of love.
What does it really mean to love others?
Is love the same word as trust?
No.
A good biblical definition of love is: "To desire another person's highest good."
We should desire the best thing for another person.
What is the best thing, the highest good?
It is that a person come to know Christ, and come to walk with Christ.
Does that definition include giving a person whatever they want, or believing everything they say, or explicitly trusting them?
No.
You can completely DISTRUST someone, while still desiring their highest good, which is to come to know Christ.

I suggest you spend some time in the book of Proverbs... it gives us lessons on practical wisdom.

God Bless.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
As a relatively new person in Christ Jesus...
Have you heard of the Alpha Course?

There are 10 videos total. I hope you watch them. They could benefit you greatly :)

Chaps

Apr 3, 2024
California
Hey williamkind,

Thanks for the response. That is great that you are helping this person. I know that God sees your heart in these acts. Jesus tells us to be “as wise as serpents and harmless as doves.” Unfortunately, there are those who will see your kindness and will seek to take advantage of it. It can be a difficult line to walk. At the end of the day, each person will have to give their own account to the Lord.

Romans 14:10–12 (ESV): For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; 11 for it is written,
“As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me,
and every tongue shall confess to God.”
12 So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.
I dont think that Scripture he is quoting gives us license to sin willfully. Jesus said, “A tree is known by its fruit.” Certainly, God forgives us of our sin, but His forgiveness does not mean we should indulge in wrong behaviors or use his grace as an excuse to sin. If he claims to be a Christian, it is good for you to inform him that his actions are not consistent with that of a Christ-follower and encourage him to repent of those sins. However, at the end of the day, he will give his own account to God. If he is unwilling to turn away from those sins, then I would be cautious about his use of Scripture to teach you.

For you, it is important to walk in faith and do what you feel the Lord is leading you to do. I have had many people over the years take advantage of me as a result of my desire to help them. It can be frustrating. Try to not let your heart grow hard, but at the same time, if you feel they are seeking to take advantage of you, it’s okay to say, “No.” Just focus on your walk and try to honor God with your words and actions. When you stumble, embrace God’s forgiveness and keep moving forward. Try to surround yourself with believers who live upright lives and model the actions of Christ. They are the ones you will want to help you mature in your faith.

Apr 14, 2024

Perhaps God wants you to learn to be prudent, and wise, rather than being naive.

The act of loving others does not require us to be abused, or to forego setting boundaries to protect ourselves.
We are to love people while also seeing them as they are, and being wise and prudent.

No.
A good biblical definition of love is: "To desire another person's highest good."
Does that definition include giving a person whatever they want, or believing everything they say, or explicitly trusting them?
No.
You can completely DISTRUST someone, while still desiring their highest good, which is to come to know Christ.

I suggest you spend some time in the book of Proverbs... it gives us lessons on practical wisdom.

God Bless.

Thank you

Apr 14, 2024
Hey williamkind,

Thanks for the response. That is great that you are helping this person. I know that God sees your heart in these acts. Jesus tells us to be “as wise as serpents and harmless as doves.” Unfortunately, there are those who will see your kindness and will seek to take advantage of it. It can be a difficult line to walk. At the end of the day, each person will have to give their own account to the Lord.

I dont think that Scripture he is quoting gives us license to sin willfully. Jesus said, “A tree is known by its fruit.” Certainly, God forgives us of our sin, but His forgiveness does not mean we should indulge in wrong behaviors or use his grace as an excuse to sin. If he claims to be a Christian, it is good for you to inform him that his actions are not consistent with that of a Christ-follower and encourage him to repent of those sins. However, at the end of the day, he will give his own account to God. If he is unwilling to turn away from those sins, then I would be cautious about his use of Scripture to teach you.

For you, it is important to walk in faith and do what you feel the Lord is leading you to do. I have had many people over the years take advantage of me as a result of my desire to help them. It can be frustrating. Try to not let your heart grow hard, but at the same time, if you feel they are seeking to take advantage of you, it’s okay to say, “No.” Just focus on your walk and try to honor God with your words and actions. When you stumble, embrace God’s forgiveness and keep moving forward. Try to surround yourself with believers who live upright lives and model the actions of Christ. They are the ones you will want to help you mature in your faith.
Thank you. I always look for the best person in everyone without judgement, and when they are off track I pray for them. I really appreciate your insight as I've learned how much I can grow is on peoples true faith. There's an expression from the heart I hear from some. Hope your week ahead brings you insight and learning from the most high

Apr 14, 2024
Hey williamkind,

Thank you. As a new believer in Christ I honor the most high in my actions. I find where the spirit lives, also I live. I am really thankful for your response and wisdom. I will move forward ever seeking God through Christ. Hope you have an amazing week and you get to hear his voice.

Apr 14, 2024
Hey williamkind,

I spent some time after work talking to him. With compassion and truth I spoke to him. My hope is that further prayer, kindness, and God's love, he will find himself again on the stair way to heaven. Have an amazing week and never stop sharing your message. It counts for alot. Will

Apr 14, 2024
Have you heard of the Alpha Course?

There are 10 videos total. I hope you watch them. They could benefit you greatly :)
Thank you. I'll watch them this week. Went to Alpha and I didn't know what to make of it. I learn more from conversation to people who truly have the spirit. I sense the Holy spirit in others and I get so much from them. Take care and talk again some time..........Will

Apr 14, 2024

No.
No.

God Bless.

Thank you.