See this scar? I got it from falling off a cliff during a knife fight.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Innerfire89

Aug 23, 2017
I feel on top of a grizzly bear! [Cracks knuckles] lol.

Maybe this topic is a little unusual, but do you have any scars with a cool story behind them?

I ended up with a few here and there, not really anything cool to talk about though. I just wasn't paying attention or was working with no sleep and whoops!

S

SweetmorningDew78

I've got scar on my heart...got it from falling in love :D :D :D

T

toinena

I have a scar on top of my foot. It happened the night before my wedding with my ex-husband way back in 1996.
We made (or rather I) made all the food for our wedding with some help from my friends. I baked 500 Careelian pies, 8 Sachertortes, 4 strawberry cream cakes, a big wedding cake, loads of portion breads, we made cured ham and leg of lamb, cured lax and so on. We had 150 guests and it was a lot of food! (And a lot of leftovers after the party!) We also had Norwegian and Finish cheeses. When we got back from the run through in church, I noticed that the cheese was not cut in cubes. It was close to midnight, and I was in a mode of making everything as perfect as possible. And then it happened! I dropped the knife and it fell straight down and speared my foot. I had to go to the ER and make 4 stitches. It was awful to walk with high heals and dance with the stitched wound. And on the honeymoon it got infected and the foot was extremely swollen and I had a temperature. I don't believe in omens.... but the marriage was not a very happy one.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I have a scar in my left eyebrow from when I was a baby, and fell off daddy's lap and hit the window ledge.. I've got a tiny scar on my right pinky finger from where I touched a hot lawn mower exhaust pipe (I got too close)..

My cancer also left scars, which are hardly visible, on my belly after the hysterectomy I had to get rid of the cancer. :)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
i have a scar on my face from playing hide and seek when i was a tot, turning to run from "it" and running into a brick.

now like 7 people in the world immediately will know this is my account lol

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I have a scar on top of my foot. It happened the night before my wedding with my ex-husband way back in 1996.
We made (or rather I) made all the food for our wedding with some help from my friends. I baked 500 Careelian pies, 8 Sachertortes, 4 strawberry cream cakes, a big wedding cake, loads of portion breads, we made cured ham and leg of lamb, cured lax and so on. We had 150 guests and it was a lot of food! (And a lot of leftovers after the party!) We also had Norwegian and Finish cheeses. When we got back from the run through in church, I noticed that the cheese was not cut in cubes. It was close to midnight, and I was in a mode of making everything as perfect as possible. And then it happened! I dropped the knife and it fell straight down and speared my foot. I had to go to the ER and make 4 stitches. It was awful to walk with high heals and dance with the stitched wound. And on the honeymoon it got infected and the foot was extremely swollen and I had a temperature. I don't believe in omens.... but the marriage was not a very happy one.

post played soccer for something like 20 years, on club teams and everything, and he also worked in kitchens for a long time. he never yet has broken the habit of kicking literally any object that falls; he's one of them dern incorrigible hacky-sack-playing hippies.
he's always known - not '
has always been afraid that' because it's more a feeling of certainty than fear - he's figured there will come a day that a chef's knife falls from a counter and he kicks at it it to break its fall, and doesn't think and stop himself quickly enough, and he'll thus stab himself in the foot.

reflex is always quicker than determined action

Last edited:

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
I have a scar on my forehead, just above my hairline. A neighbor kid hit me in the head with a shovel when I was six years old.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
This is a strange, but true, story.

Shortly before I had Tequila put to sleep, she clawed me in the left hand, between my middle and ring fingers. So you would think that mark would be long gone, because it's been a year and 7 months since she's been gone. BUT, the teeny tiny hole where she scratched me is still there. :eek: It's healed over but you can see where her claw was..

I guess cats really DO leave their mark on us... Laughing.png

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Dis made me LOL, ROFL, and LMBO... Laughing.png

post played soccer for something like 20 years, on club teams and everything, and he also worked in kitchens for a long time. he never yet has broken the habit of kicking literally any object that falls; he's one of them dern incorrigible hacky-sack-playing hippies.
he's always known - not '
has always been afraid that' because it's more a feeling of certainty than fear - he's figured there will come a day that a chef's knife falls from a counter and he kicks at it it to break its fall, and doesn't think and stop himself quickly enough, and he'll thus stab himself in the foot.

reflex is always quicker than determined action

D

Depleted

I feel on top of a grizzly bear! [Cracks knuckles] lol.

Maybe this topic is a little unusual, but do you have any scars with a cool story behind them?

I ended up with a few here and there, not really anything cool to talk about though. I just wasn't paying attention or was working with no sleep and whoops!
No cool stories behind my scars, but my husband just told a funny one about his older brother.

When he was four, he was doing what most four-year-olds do, not paying attention to where he was going. He was running down the back alley, where there was a chain-linked fence, didn't see it, hit it hard, and cut and bruised his face.

At suppertime, Dad asked him about it, and he puffed up big and brave, before saying, "Well, you should see the other guy."

D

Depleted

i have a scar on my face from playing hide and seek when i was a tot, turning to run from "it" and running into a brick.

now like 7 people in the world immediately will know this is my account lol
Or, they might mistake you for me. But mine wasn't a mere brick. I was hiding behind the shrubs on the wide side of an apartment building. Yup! I really can hit the broad side of a barn, if I just use my face. lol

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
ANYway...it's about time I contribute something non-sarcastic to this thread:

Since recently, for some strange reason, even my deepest wounds just fade away in a matter of weeks. I haven't had any new scars for years now...idk what's up with that. :/

D

Depleted

This is a strange, but true, story.

Shortly before I had Tequila put to sleep, she clawed me in the left hand, between my middle and ring fingers. So you would think that mark would be long gone, because it's been a year and 7 months since she's been gone. BUT, the teeny tiny hole where she scratched me is still there. :eek: It's healed over but you can see where her claw was..

I guess cats really DO leave their mark on us... View attachment 175197
Bo left his mark when he died on my lap. BUT pee is washable.

(I believe his last act wasn't just "natural," it was downright "Boable." He had such a way about getting across don't-like-this-at-all throughout his life. lol)

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Was washing a glass in the sink and it broke and left a scar on my right thumb. Fell from a pipe in the yard and left a scar on top of my left foot. A spring in a couch left a scar on my right leg. Carpel Tunnel surgery scar on my right wrist/hand. Grand finally 8 scars on my tummy looks like I was in a knife fight and lost from hysterectomy. Those all healed but the scars on my heart from loss of loved ones in death and love still hurt sometimes.