SEEING A MIRACLE

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Joidevivre

Senior Member
Jul 15, 2014
3,838
272
83
Unfortunately, most miracles are done in the midst of problems where there is a need for one. But in those problems, do we get so bogged down with worry and depression that we leave no room for expectancy?

I have learned to give thanks for the "not enough" as Jesus did the bread and fish - and I have seen it as meeting the need somehow. I give thanks for every problem that comes up in my life. Instead of the mindset of being attacked by the enemy (which only glorifies him), I follow the scripture's admonition to give thanks for EVERYTHING (Eph. 5:20) And I have seen miracles happen.

Giving thanks for any difficult circumstance causes you to see it in the hand of God, and causes your faith to rise up and expect God to work. It sanctifies that circumstance which sets it apart for God to work in it.

God has a purpose for wanting to show us miracles. He wants us to see his power displayed. And in this day and age, we have such a need for this.
 
When my son at 14 with the faith of a little child got bit by a rattlesnake on his finger and was in the ICU in terrible pain, he said to me, "Mom you must thank God for this - because the bible tells us to." And he laid on the bed, thanking God. He didn't reason with his understanding - he only did what we are told to do. I had some trouble giving thanks for this. A day later, his arm was black and swollen up to the shoulder, and the doctor was talking about amputation. But my son kept on with his prayer of thanks.

The next morning when I went into my son's room, the doctor and nurses were standing around his bed. The doctor looked at me and said, "This is a miracle - but his arm is totally normal". It was. No swelling - nothing there. I learned a lesson from a child about the action of faith in giving thanks. He expected God to do something.

Yes - we know about giving thanks for trials. And we know about miracles happening when you do.