Seeking advice: Battle on the concept of Creation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jovis

Mar 17, 2018
Hello all who may read this, as you may tell by the title, I am seeking advice. I am currently a teenager in high school and am taking an Astronomy class. In this class, we are going over the unit on the Big Bang theory, where the topic of science and religion clash.

I chose not to argue with my teacher because I would rather keep my peace, but I don’t know how to go about defending my faith in my class. So far, no one is aware of my beliefs, but I have a feeling that there will come a time when I will have to defend my faith, especially since I know how my faith has been tested in the past.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
The teacher is just doing his job. As it alread said, they only have a THEORY
They have no proof, opposite actually, there are things that proove the big bang wrong again and again

Jovis

Mar 17, 2018
What would prove the Big Bang theory wrong? (Other than it being a theory and not a law)

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
What would prove the Big Bang theory wrong? (Other than it being a theory and not a law)
There are lots of documentaries on YouTube u can check out about that. One fact is that according to the big bang, we would have to keep evolving. But the thing is, thethey dna is not evolving, butthe falling apart which means we will.die quicker and quicker instead of longera and longer

Jovis

Mar 17, 2018
Thanks, I will check it out when I get the time to. :sneaky:

That is interesting. I have always thought of it as, since Genesis 1:11-12, 20-21, 24-26 repeatedly talks of God creating these creatures, then that means they would have offspring of their own kind. Did God even make a way for a creature such as a whale and a monkey to create a form of morphogenetic super-hybrid? (Morphogenetic came from autocorrect, I did not plan on using it originally)

Jovis

Mar 17, 2018

That is interesting. I have always thought of it as, since Genesis 1:11-12, 20-21, 24-26 repeatedly talks of God creating these creatures, then that means they would have offspring of their own kind. Did God even make a way for a creature such as a whale and a monkey to create a form of morphogenetic super-hybrid? (Morphogenetic came from autocorrect, I did not plan on using it originally)
I realized a few hours ago my error. Lol I was walking to my class when I suddenly realized what I posted. For some odd reason my mind shifted to thinking about evolution while posting that. If we were to talk about the Big Bang, a better group of verses to use as an example of why I didn’t believe in the Big Bang would be the first few verses in the Bible.

Lee

Nov 12, 2017
Hello all who may read this, as you may tell by the title, I am seeking advice. I am currently a teenager in high school and am taking an Astronomy class. In this class, we are going over the unit on the Big Bang theory, where the topic of science and religion clash.

I chose not to argue with my teacher because I would rather keep my peace, but I don’t know how to go about defending my faith in my class. So far, no one is aware of my beliefs, but I have a feeling that there will come a time when I will have to defend my faith, especially since I know how my faith has been tested in the past.
What I have found to be very useful is to ask them questions that science does not have the answers to such as if the universe had a begining what was before that why is there something rather then nothing what caused the Big Bang to happen how can the universe exist if it breaks the first law of thermodynamics dynamics the universe existing seems break the laws of nature.
I’ve done it a few times it makes it a lot easier then just saying “Wrong, God made it” (even though he did) but I would add small things into what you say to direct it to God making it in some way even if it is small.

Jovis

Mar 17, 2018
What I have found to be very useful is to ask them questions that science does not have the answers to such as if the universe had a begining what was before that why is there something rather then nothing what caused the Big Bang to happen how can the universe exist if it breaks the first law of thermodynamics dynamics the universe existing seems break the laws of nature.
I’ve done it a few times it makes it a lot easier then just saying “Wrong, God made it” (even though he did) but I would add small things into what you say to direct it to God making it in some way even if it is small.
Thank you for this reply. It has helped :)

I looked up a few videos online that were supposed to “disprove” the Big Bang, yet I didn’t understand half of it. I may try to ask these sorts of questions at some point, but I may have to find a way to ask them that doesn’t seem like me drilling them about the Big Bang.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009

Pray that God puts the words in your mouth if or when you do have to speak up about it.

And the LORD said to him, “Who gave man his mouth? Or who makes him mute or deaf, sighted or blind? Is it not I, the LORD? Now go! I will help you as you speak, and I will teach you what to say.”
(Exodus 4:11-12)

Jovis

Mar 17, 2018
Thank you so much, I’ll make sure to do that :giggle:

Vcegers

Aug 26, 2018
Don’t weight yourself down with trying to disprove the theory. If the time comes for you to say something,simply, say I don’t believe in the Big Bang theory, I believe in the life ,death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and love Jesus. If the teacher asks why give him or her a short personal example of what Jesus has done for u.
Then young man you’ve defended your faith by being a simply witness of Christ.
If some other teens in your class mock you or ridicule you for your faith ( and there probably will be) you young brother have suffered hurt for your faith and now that becomes part of your testimony in the future and will help solidify your faith.
Trust me you will be I good company, Paul, peter, John tha Baptist, Abraham lets not forget “Noah” they thought he was crazy 😜 lol get the picture ?

Jovis

Mar 17, 2018
Don’t weight yourself down with trying to disprove the theory. If the time comes for you to say something,simply, say I don’t believe in the Big Bang theory, I believe in the life ,death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and love Jesus. If the teacher asks why give him or her a short personal example of what Jesus has done for u.
Then young man you’ve defended your faith by being a simply witness of Christ.
If some other teens in your class mock you or ridicule you for your faith ( and there probably will be) you young brother have suffered hurt for your faith and now that becomes part of your testimony in the future and will help solidify your faith.
Trust me you will be I good company, Paul, peter, John tha Baptist, Abraham lets not forget “Noah” they thought he was crazy 😜 lol get the picture ?
Normally I’d try to disprove things I don’t believe in because I feel that is the only way they’d listen.. when they ask me why I believe in his existence, I tell them “Because I feel it’s foolish not to consider God,” because at least then they would consider God themselves.

However, I’ve never tried that way. Maybe I could try that way too if something happens in the future? Even then, I think we should still trust in God that he put us in these situations (our faith being tested) for our benefit.

becc

Mar 4, 2018
The same thing came up in the movie God's not dead 1..... Not exactly big bang theory but the student was made to defend God... You can check the arguments excerpts on youtube or watch the whole movie..... real points in there

Jovis

Mar 17, 2018
The same thing came up in the movie God's not dead 1..... Not exactly big bang theory but the student was made to defend God... You can check the arguments excerpts on youtube or watch the whole movie..... real points in there
I love that movie! I’ve seen it a few times before; I might watch it again. I forgot what the debate was about though..

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Aug 2, 2009
The big bang is actually a similar concept to how God created everything.. The big bang says there was a big explosion of matter that everything came from.. The bible says God created the heavens and the earth on the first day... God could have created them with one gigantic explosion..

Where the bible and evolution go separate ways is how man came into being. Evolutionists think we evolved from simple micro-organisms... The bible says God created man in his own image.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012

Faith is the substance (reason) of things hoped for (believed) then the reason you believe that God created the universe is the evidence you have that the universe didn't originate from the Big Bang, therefore the substance of your hope is the evidence of things not seen.

Did you know that scientific hypothesis referred unto as the Big Bang theory was first published by a Georges Lemaître, a Catholic priest who called his paper the Hypothesis of the Primordial Atom? The term 'Big Bang' was coined by physicist Fred Hoyle who disagreed with Lemaître's hypothesis. So it reality, anyone who refers unto Lemaître's hypothesis as the "Big Bang' are actually dissing what they claim to believe.

The Hypothesis of the Primordial Atom is based upon the pre-existence of space, matter, time and energy then it really does not answer the question about the origin of the matter, space, time and energy but rather how the present known and observed universe was formed.

According to the Hypothesis of the Primordial Atom, all space, matter, time and energy that exists in the universe was in an highly condensed state called the primordial atom. When the primordial atom condensed to a point where the force inside the atom was greater than the force outside the atom the primordial atom rapidly expanded outward to form what would become our currently known and observed universe.

So if everything which forms this physical universe already existed within that primordial atom then it wasn't created by the rapid expansion from a highly condensed state, it merely changed form. However, if the internal force primordial atom was greater than the external force then it couldn't have condensed, so ask you science teacher what external force was the cause of the highly condensed state of the primordial atom ?

Jovis

Mar 17, 2018
1: To Zeroturbulance: Common misconception. The Big Bang doesn’t talk about an explosion but an “expansion” as explained by Zmouth, that the small primordial atom “rapidly expanded outward to form what would become our currently known and observed universe.” However, yes, I believe that either way God had to have been the cause of the creation of the universe.

2: To Zmouth: Hm.. that is a very good question. If “nothing” was there as explained in the PowerPoint I was given, how could there be enough pressure to condense all of everything into that small of space? But also explained, there is “gravity” pushing down on the sun, and there is also pressure inside pushing outward. According to that, that means there has to be a stable state between condensed pressure (more pressure in a star means faster reactions, because the heat from the pressure excites the atoms and causes fusion, forming the star’s glow) and gravity. Therefore, how can the universe expand, and if anything continue speeding up for all infinity? Surely it should slow at some point at it’s equilibrium of pressure and gravity, maybe even fluctuate? But even so, what would cause the universe to collapse upon itself to begin with, to create this primordial atom, as explained in the Big Bang Theory, that the universe grows until it collapses once more to grow once more. (Based on my understanding)

Even if we were to think of science, surely we’d also think of reason too? If this primordial atom existed, how could this have come to be? I think that’s honestly what you are saying, that something had to have caused that matter to reach that state. Now if we think of the primordial atom itself, how could all of that matter, every ounce in the universe, fit into that extremely small atomic sized thing?

Now, I had a few thoughts on this subject. I was told that it just “appeared.” That somehow, energy created this matter and thusly was condensed (somehow) into that small form and (somehow) didn’t expand until there was enough in there to create the universe. How could matter just “appear?”

I like to imagine that God used what already existed to create what exists now. But if energy was that thing which created matter (added to the condensed energy/matter portion, described as infinitismal), who or what do you think has enough power to cause this to happen? Even if the Big Bang occurred, it could have ONLY occurred had there been something powerful enough to condense energy to that point, to even have the energy reserved for that sort of violent expansion. And that something (or more appropriately someone), I believe, is God.

For who is powerful enough to do this? What is powerful enough? Should nature defy itself? Or should, by the shear might of the Almighty God, the universe be created in some way, shape, or form? Life can’t exist without God. Nothing could exist. Even if science tries to disprove it, how can they truly know for sure?

However, as the Bible says somewhere, we don’t get to heaven because we know God existed. We get there because we have faith - even if “evidence” points to the contrary.

Jovis

Mar 17, 2018
1: To Zeroturbulance: Common misconception. The Big Bang doesn’t talk about an explosion but an “expansion” as explained by Zmouth, that the small primordial atom “rapidly expanded outward to form what would become our currently known and observed universe.” However, yes, I believe that either way God had to have been the cause of the creation of the universe.

2: To Zmouth: Hm.. that is a very good question. If “nothing” was there as explained in the PowerPoint I was given, how could there be enough pressure to condense all of everything into that small of space? But also explained, there is “gravity” pushing down on the sun, and there is also pressure inside pushing outward. According to that, that means there has to be a stable state between condensed pressure (more pressure in a star means faster reactions, because the heat from the pressure excites the atoms and causes fusion, forming the star’s glow) and gravity. Therefore, how can the universe expand, and if anything continue speeding up for all infinity? Surely it should slow at some point at it’s equilibrium of pressure and gravity, maybe even fluctuate? But even so, what would cause the universe to collapse upon itself to begin with, to create this primordial atom, as explained in the Big Bang Theory, that the universe grows until it collapses once more to grow once more. (Based on my understanding)

Even if we were to think of science, surely we’d also think of reason too? If this primordial atom existed, how could this have come to be? I think that’s honestly what you are saying, that something had to have caused that matter to reach that state. Now if we think of the primordial atom itself, how could all of that matter, every ounce in the universe, fit into that extremely small atomic sized thing?

Now, I had a few thoughts on this subject. I was told that it just “appeared.” That somehow, energy created this matter and thusly was condensed (somehow) into that small form and (somehow) didn’t expand until there was enough in there to create the universe. How could matter just “appear?”

I like to imagine that God used what already existed to create what exists now. But if energy was that thing which created matter (added to the condensed energy/matter portion, described as infinitismal), who or what do you think has enough power to cause this to happen? Even if the Big Bang occurred, it could have ONLY occurred had there been something powerful enough to condense energy to that point, to even have the energy reserved for that sort of violent expansion. And that something (or more appropriately someone), I believe, is God.

For who is powerful enough to do this? What is powerful enough? Should nature defy itself? Or should, by the shear might of the Almighty God, the universe be created in some way, shape, or form? Life can’t exist without God. Nothing could exist. Even if science tries to disprove it, how can they truly know for sure?

However, as the Bible says somewhere, we don’t get to heaven because we know God existed. We get there because we have faith - even if “evidence” points to the contrary.

If I’m wrong, please correct me. I’m just trying to find what is right through all of this. :( Because at this point, trying to understand how God created the universe is practically impossible as I cannot comprehend it. All I know is that only God has that power, not the universe itself.