Seeking for a relationship.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RalphLou

Nov 4, 2018
Hi I'm Ralph Louis 45 financially stable, I'm here seeking for a relationship that could lead to marriage.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Hi Ralph, and welcome to CC. :) While some have met their spouses here, CC's primary purpose is not to be a dating site. Maybe try e-harmony or Christian Mingle..

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Hi I'm Ralph Louis 45 financially stable, I'm here seeking for a relationship that could lead to marriage.
Hi Ralph.

You’re just in luck. Are you interested for a relationship with Jesus instead? He will never leave you nor forsake you :)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Wrong website Bro.........but, shoot, nice try

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Hey, Ralph, you joined on Nov, 4th........this be /Dec 11th, you've made 4 posts counting the OP above.........kinda slow on the go ain't ya? :)

just saying

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Welcome Ralph, sounds like the holiday lonelies have you in their grip. Your OP makes me wonder though. For those women who are financially stable on their own, what do you have to offer? For those women who aren't financially stable on their own, is that really a chief characteristic of a woman you're hoping to attract?

Either way the best way to get to know people around here is to post and join in the discussions and actually let people get to know you. You might or might not meet someone, but having people to interact with, even just online can help keep the worst of the loneliness at bay.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Welcome Ralph, sounds like the holiday lonelies have you in their grip. Your OP makes me wonder though. For those women who are financially stable on their own, what do you have to offer? For those women who aren't financially stable on their own, is that really a chief characteristic of a woman you're hoping to attract?

Either way the best way to get to know people around here is to post and join in the discussions and actually let people get to know you. You might or might not meet someone, but having people to interact with, even just online can help keep the worst of the loneliness at bay.
Many studies show that women, generally, will choose a man with money over looks.
I watched a similar "study" on MythBusters. Twenty women were brought into a room and asked to pick the men they would be most interested in. There was a wall of men of various ages, races and a job title underneath their name.
The job titles were changed and a new batch of women brought in and given the same request to pick a man.
The majority in both groups picked men with higher incomes. Even men that were ignored the first time, which had low income jobs were among the top picked when given a high income job by a different group.

I've also been affected by this, and even lost a long term relationship due to not being financially stable.
And what's the top reason for divorce? Financial problems.
So, yeah, financial stability is a trait many, including Christian women, look for.
And stability doesn't mean wealth, either.

I'm also curious what leads you to specifically believe his search is seasonal based and not a continuation of an ongoing search?
How do you default to his motives being strictly seasonal?

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Hey, Ralph, you joined on Nov, 4th........this be /Dec 11th, you've made 4 posts counting the OP above.........kinda slow on the go ain't ya? :)

just saying
His other posts are about getting the chat rooms to work. That may offer a clue.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Many studies show that women, generally, will choose a man with money over looks.
I watched a similar "study" on MythBusters. Twenty women were brought into a room and asked to pick the men they would be most interested in. There was a wall of men of various ages, races and a job title underneath their name.
The job titles were changed and a new batch of women brought in and given the same request to pick a man.
The majority in both groups picked men with higher incomes. Even men that were ignored the first time, which had low income jobs were among the top picked when given a high income job by a different group.

I've also been affected by this, and even lost a long term relationship due to not being financially stable.
So, yeah, financial stability is a trait many, including Christian women, look for.

I'm also curious what leads you to specifically believe his search is seasonal based and not a continuation of an ongoing search?

I don't know if it was the same or different episode of mythbusters I saw, but the one I remember had women rating the attractiveness of a group of men, and between the groups of women the same guy when given a higher paying job was rated more attractive. But that wasn't really the thrust of my confusion, my confusion was more around the idea of: if you have one chance to put your best most interesting quality forward in the hope that like minded compatible people will want to talk to you, how does saying you're financially stable achieve that goal? Those who would hold a high value for financial stability would probably be learning to do that themselves and so you're only offering what they already have, while those who are having money problems might be very attracted to the idea of someone who is financially stable, but if their money problems are primarily because of the way they handle money... that's going to be a messy and painful relationship. Now it's possible that the OP has struggle with financial management for years and is super enthused and proud to finally have things under control, but it still seems a strange way to advertise yourself.

And it's kind of a big assumption to assume that just because I referred to holiday lonelies that I believe his motives are strictly seasonal. Just really an observation that you have to be pretty lonely to make an announcement of want a relationship to the internet at large coupled with the well know fact (or at least frequenly believed myth) that the holiday season tends to exacerbate loneliness. But certainly lonliness isn't limited to one season or time, I think for most of us it actually comes in waves.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I don't know if it was the same or different episode of mythbusters I saw, but the one I remember had women rating the attractiveness of a group of men, and between the groups of women the same guy when given a higher paying job was rated more attractive. But that wasn't really the thrust of my confusion, my confusion was more around the idea of: if you have one chance to put your best most interesting quality forward in the hope that like minded compatible people will want to talk to you, how does saying you're financially stable achieve that goal? Those who would hold a high value for financial stability would probably be learning to do that themselves and so you're only offering what they already have, while those who are having money problems might be very attracted to the idea of someone who is financially stable, but if their money problems are primarily because of the way they handle money... that's going to be a messy and painful relationship. Now it's possible that the OP has struggle with financial management for years and is super enthused and proud to finally have things under control, but it still seems a strange way to advertise yourself.

And it's kind of a big assumption to assume that just because I referred to holiday lonelies that I believe his motives are strictly seasonal. Just really an observation that you have to be pretty lonely to make an announcement of want a relationship to the internet at large coupled with the well know fact (or at least frequenly believed myth) that the holiday season tends to exacerbate loneliness. But certainly lonliness isn't limited to one season or time, I think for most of us it actually comes in waves.
Perhaps that is the best he has to offer?
Really it should be fairly irrelevant. A relationship is a time to get to know someone to see if you are compatible, etc... so even if financially irresponsible women respond it's not like he doesn't have a choice. He can spot them and shoot them down. Or snatch them up, whatever his preference.
Also making a statement could attract stable, mature women who may not be attracted by hallow flash and seeing that he himself holds similar traits, may be drawn to him.
Your argument could be used on any trait given, really. Anyone lacking a trait could be drawn to someone who's strong in that trait. It doesn't mean we don't advertise the trait. Because theres as much chance it'll attract like minded people as well.

I thought that because you said "sounds like the holiday lonelies have you in their grip."
It's a pretty clear and close ended statement that doesn't leave room to suggest you think anything differently. And it's the only comment made on the subject in regards to possible motives. Asking it as a question that is waiting for an answer would've sent a more open message. Making it a statement suggests a single minded thinking.
=P

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Making a statement can also be interpreted as a hypothesis...
Given the OPs rather concisely stated singular statement, I guess you might be suggesting readers could interpret him to be single minded...
Having read your posts before, I trust that might not be a good assumption.
Based upon his overt error in mistaking this CC forum for a dating site - never mentioned anything remotely Christian or spiritual - I actually valued Cinder's comments as a Woman, a Christian Woman. Having read her posts as well her comments here in CC are well regarded as a rather clever Christian woman with a sense of humor and high moral convictions.
I'm inclined to think that the OP and all the male CC readers owes her a debt of gratitude for providing us with a valued perspective into such a mindset...
God Bless

Aug 2, 2009
Matthew 7:7 NIV:

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Dec 28, 2016

Just tell women you're a farm assist. They'll love you. For a while.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Given the OPs rather concisely stated singular statement, I guess you might be suggesting readers could interpret him to be single minded...
Based upon his overt error in mistaking this CC forum for a dating site - never mentioned anything remotely Christian or spiritual - I actually valued Cinder's comments as a Woman, a Christian Woman. Having read her posts as well her comments here in CC are well regarded as a rather clever Christian woman with a sense of humor and high moral convictions.
I'm inclined to think that the OP and all the male CC readers owes her a debt of gratitude for providing us with a valued perspective into such a mindset...
God Bless
Was this intended for me? You neither quoted nor tagged me so it's unclear.
I'll proceed as if it was.

Regardless of whether it was a statement or hypothesis it doesn't change what I said.

I made no such statement about the OP. I merely countered cinders statement of his motives by suggesting she may be inaccurate in Her single minded claim.
So perhaps reading my previous posts did not aid you in any way, since you seem to have misread these posts. But thank you for the poorly covered dig.

I'm not sure the relevance cinders gender plays in this since it's not a male/female topic.

That was also a blatantly obvious attempt to build up cinder. It was rather awkward to read in context. Quite an obvious attempt at flattery. As well as blindly sticking up for her. Perhaps there's something behind that? ( ;

There are a number of people, men and women, on this site, that have much to offer. Cinder is indeed one of them. I know this because I have communicated with her longer than you might suspect.
And verbal sparring matches, such as the one above, is the norm for us and never intended as a criticism. It's just what we do.
I simply have not engaged her in them for some time due to not being in a good mental state for quite some time. And such things are a challenge with her. In a good way.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
God Bless
While I appreciate the compliment, there should be a disclaimer that I have the rarest personality type for women and as such am not a good barometer or indicator of what a "normal" or "typical" woman would think or do.

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
While I appreciate the compliment, there should be a disclaimer that I have the rarest personality type for women and as such am not a good barometer or indicator of what a "normal" or "typical" woman would think or do.
Ya well, I'm just taking notes, taking in as much as I can gleen from Christian women like your self here in CC that can help us well intended and flawed Christian Brothers to keep raising the bar for our selves... I do appreciate being hip-checked every now and again... And just what Personality-Type are you that happens to be rare?

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
Was this intended for me? You neither quoted nor tagged me so it's unclear.
I'll proceed as if it was.

Regardless of whether it was a statement or hypothesis it doesn't change what I said.

I made no such statement about the OP. I merely countered cinders statement of his motives by suggesting she may be inaccurate in Her single minded claim.
So perhaps reading my previous posts did not aid you in any way, since you seem to have misread these posts. But thank you for the poorly covered dig.

I'm not sure the relevance cinders gender plays in this since it's not a male/female topic.

That was also a blatantly obvious attempt to build up cinder. It was rather awkward to read in context. Quite an obvious attempt at flattery. As well as blindly sticking up for her. Perhaps there's something behind that? ( ;

There are a number of people, men and women, on this site, that have much to offer. Cinder is indeed one of them. I know this because I have communicated with her longer than you might suspect.
And verbal sparring matches, such as the one above, is the norm for us and never intended as a criticism. It's just what we do.
I simply have not engaged her in them for some time due to not being in a good mental state for quite some time. And such things are a challenge with her. In a good way.
Thanks for clearing that up... ;)