Self-Defense

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Why should I worry about jail when I am only defending myself or my wife?
Would never happen here in Arkansas.
If I am attacked by someone with a weapon I am allowed to use deadly force to defend myself.
If they are in my home, does not matter if they are armed or not, I can use deadly force.

Use you phone all you wish but it will not save your life.
Buckshot will.
AMEN same thing here in Missouri....called Castle doctrine....buckshot, 3 inch #4s, 17 9 mil, or 30 rounds of 5.56.........maybe a 3 inch 20 gauge load or a 22 with stingers in it.........

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Why should I worry about jail when I am only defending myself or my wife?
Would never happen here in Arkansas.
If I am attacked by someone with a weapon I am allowed to use deadly force to defend myself.
If they are in my home, does not matter if they are armed or not, I can use deadly force.

Use you phone all you wish but it will not save your life.
Buckshot will.
It wouldn't happen in Florida either with the Stand Your Ground law. Someone who poses a physical threat or breaks into your home you can shoot him dead with no questions asked. Perhaps the person that worries about going to jail using a gun for self-defense lives in a liberal Blue state with strict gun control laws.

S

SpoonJuly

It wouldn't happen in Florida either with the Stand Your Ground law. Someone who poses a physical threat or breaks into your home you can shoot him dead with no questions asked. Perhaps the person that worries about going to jail using a gun for self-defense lives in a liberal Blue state with strict gun control laws.
Even if I lived in one of these blue states, I would defend my wife, myself, and any innocent folks and deal with the consequences later.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
There is provision for self defense and in ones home.
That is what we are talking about aren't we?
Self defense happens outside your home too. Like being aware of your surroundings, know what is more dense to take cover behind, a bush or a wall, A brick wall or a Cement wall, which is thicker, etc.,

Why do unarmed people walk towards someone shooting in movies? that never made any sense to me..

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Even if I lived in one of these blue states, I would defend my wife, myself, and any innocent folks and deal with the consequences later.
Do it with wisdom. On the Battlefield in war it is better to injure a person to the point where they can not shoot back on the other side then kill them because it will take more than them off the battlefield.

S

SpoonJuly

Do it with wisdom. On the Battlefield in war it is better to injure a person to the point where they can not shoot back on the other side then kill them because it will take more than them off the battlefield.
It is obvious that you have never been confronted where your life is in danger nor do you understand how soldiers are trained for war.

If or when that confrontation comes it will be nothing like the movies. You may have only a second or two to decide what you will do.

Wrong decision or hesitation may lead to harm or death to you or your family.

We live in an evil world. Only the ready and willing will have any chance.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
The bullet that fires out of an M16 will kill you no matter where it strikes. It was designed as a humane weapon of war. On a battlefield you shoot always shoot to kill.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
The thing is the enemy combatants that are caring the wounded will be shot as well. The only purpose of the United States military is to defend the US Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. The military accomplishes this by breaking things and killing people. That may seem harsh but defending this country is a serious business and will use any available means to accomplish its mission. That's just the way that it is.

L

Locoponydirtman

I learned a maxim, if you will that can help in preventing the necessity of self defense to a great extent.
Don't go stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
This will drastically reduce drama, and the probability of conflict for the average person living in a western culture.