Self needs vs glorifies God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RyanTB98

Mar 23, 2020
Hey everyone so I made a list of things I can do/things I do already that glorify God and give him room to enter my life; on the other side of the list are self needs which are things that I really don’t need at all but are self desires and as the book of Job says crucifying self needs to focus on Jesus is important. My question to you is how hard will it be to not self pleasure till I meet the right person being that would be a self need(also will not try to find someone since that can be a self need, I will let God work his magic). I’m also 21 so hormones are running strong lol, thoughts on stopping this?

peralesm

Apr 2, 2020
Hey Ryan,
Im so happy to hear you've turned to Jesus our Messiah and are looking to please Him in every way. Glory to the Most High God! Welcome to CC :)
I understand your struggle. What helps me as a single mom with needs (lol) is that I try to remind myself that I'm in control. My desires and feelings dont control me. Thats one of the fruits of the Spirit, self control. We need to always remember that we are Gods temple, He's always with us. We need to repect our bodies and get into prayer when temptaion draws near; call out to Him. Satan loves to provoke our flesh, but do we respond? Temptations are tests. When we give in, guilt kicks in. He uses anything he can to prove us unworthy. He is a thief and a liar. We are smarter. Ive been there and trust me God is worth every bit of energy and sacrifice we can give, give it all.
Truthunedited.com has really good information on how to overcome this and gives real encouragement with facts and Bible references. Check out his encouragement playlist on Youtube. :)

May God give you understanding and strength.

God Bless You. Hugs :)

Maria

RyanTB98

Mar 23, 2020
Aww thank you so much Maria that’s amazing! I needed to hear something like that I will totally take your advice and pray when needed. That’s very inspiring that you can do it so why can’t I right? Thank you again and God bless you and your family.💜💜

Brian63m

Apr 9, 2020
Hi Ryan!

I'm going to try and keep short and sweet. Jesus told His disciples "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." See I think here, He gave us an amazing revelation. Prayerlessness opens us up to a temptation that we had no business battling, in the end we yield to the flesh because our Spirit "is weak."

I've been in your position, self-will and discipline, and other control measures can only get you so far. Not to say they are not useful, they are just inferior, in my opinion.
But if you seek intimacy with Him, you will find Psalms 22 true, "... In Your right hand there are pleasures forever." Can you see that? He has the true pleasures! Anything else is a counterfeit, and guess what He wants you to have the real thing! And do you know that He wants you to have fullness of joy and pleasure more than you desire to have them? It is just that everything has to be filtered through this thing called 'The Kingdom of God', that has to come first, ALWAYS! And everything else falls into place.

So keep your eyes on the one Who stretched out the heavens and laid out the foundations of the earth, and other desire will melt in comparison to His desirability. You will win battles not through fighting but through genuine worship.

Hope that helps!

Brian.