Self Sacrifice:

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheWriter
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TheWriter

Guest
Before you read this, please comment what you get from this post.

I have been told that I have a big heart. One person that I used to work under had told me that I needed to shrink it. With that, I refused. I kept my own beliefs, and my own composure and I was successful in that position. That is when my team mate got jealous, and had me demoted.
The sad part is the old boss seems to think I do not know the job. I challenged him before about it, he never set up the challenge. He took my team mate’s side, because of things I do not share here. Anyway, this is a prime example to where people try to mold others into their own little robots.
We are all guilty of this, however there are still good, and bad advice. The only bad advice is where it only benefits the person telling it to the underlined party. However, if it has a flipped motive, a solid true motive to benefit the receiving party, then it is good advice.

The same when it comes to someone about to hurt themselves over pure, craziness. When someone stops them it is because of that true love that is held within their very own hearts. Just like, when someone keeps telling me about the stuff they do, I ask them, “why is it you choose to do this? I know how it is trust me. However, can you look outside of the box, to see how the other person feels by you doing such things?”

The answer is always the same in return, pure silence. A person who listens has seeds sewn within their own hearts. It can either be good, or bad. I say bad because many listen to that bad advice. They listen to that little small evil voice inside their head that says, “it is ok, it is just one more time. You need it right? It makes you feel good yes?”

That pressure can be very demanding, it is very powerful in fact the person does it. They get that fast release, then? Depression sets in due to the addiction. Addiction is a demon of itself. It is cunning, it is deceitful, and it kills. We as humans, ‘even though we all like making that excuse,’ fall victim of this with everything we say, and do.

For instance, it runs in the mind set of what is programmed into our very persona. What makes you feel good, if it feels good then keep doing it. That is such hogwash to where that even the person instilling that very thing into a young person’s mind had some setbacks of their own that they can not even get a release from.

So that vicious cycle continues, it goes on and on, and….. well you get the picture. I is always about self image, rather than self worth. To have a self image is to be accepted. God does not matter about selfish ambitions. He cares about what? YOU. Nothing else, not a single thing else except for YOU.
When you actually see that, when you actually realize that God truly had come to this world and sacrificed himself to actually make it a permanent seal of life. Then what else matters? Not an animal sacrifice, but a sacrifice of one’s self.
This can lead you to one simple question, that we should ALL be asking ourselves.
“What can I do to help someone smile today.

God Bless!