Seriously ~ What Does JESUS mean to you ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter J-Kay-2
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay-2

Guest
Remembering the seriousness of Christ and what the word
CHRISTIAN means, please share who or what the name JESUS
is to you?
 
Jesus' name means so many things to me that it is hard to know exactly what to say. I guess if I had to put it down to just one thing it would be love. A kind of love that I don't think we as human beings are capable of truly understanding. Love pretty much covers everything anyway don't you think?
 
For me it's not the "name." If that is what you are asking. For me it's Him.......Jesus......and He means the very life within me.
 
I thought about Jesus name, and not sure if in Hebrew Jesus, James, John, and Judah, Jerusalem, are all spelled with the same beginning letters, as Yeshua, God Yahweh,, and oh Joshua, Jesus's brothers, were all named with J's. I think James, Judah, and Jesus, John, were, he had 2 sisters, don't know the names, but what does Jesus's name really mean. Savior, Redeemer I think there's a lot of J's maybe after Jerusalem. Jesus spells Love to me. Amore in Spanish, Lyubov in Ukrainian. :)
 
I took all those habits of His that in the beginning were hard to accept. His fashion sense, Beardsley prints I just put down to experience. The big bosomed lady with the Dutch accent tried to change my point of view. Her ad-lib lines were well rehearsed but my heart cried out for Him.

My love for Him is immeasurable; my respect for Him is immense. He’s ageless, timeless, lace and fineness He’s beauty and elegance. He’s a rhapsody, a comedy; He’s a symphony and a play. He’s every love song ever written but what does He see in me?

He’s an essay in glamour please pardon the grammar but He’s every schoolboy's dream. He’s Celtic, United, but I finally have decided He’s the best team I’ve ever seen. And there have been many affairs and many times I’ve thought to leave. But I bite my lip and turn around 'cause He’s the warmest thing I’ve ever found

He’s in my heart He’s in my soul, He’ll be my breath should I grow old, He is my Lover and my best friend… He’s in my soul.
 
What does it mean to you Kay?


I totally forgot I asked this question. Just found it. Better late than never.

Jesus has been the Lamb that gave His life blood for the redemption of my sins.
Sins, I had many. I was dirty and His Blood washed me whiter than snow. When
I wondered off, He left the 99 sheep, to come after me. He pulled the briars
that entangled my wool, and made me into the Sheep He called me to be.

I owe Him my life, and all honor and blessings go to Him. He has seen me through
illness, that makes Him my Healer. He gave me comfort during the loss of my
daughter. He comforted me when I lost my grandson. He has helped me when
I am weak, and gave me strength to get through the last years of my mothers
life. How can I not but love the Lover of my Soul ? He is my always in my heart
and always on my mind. I look forward to His coming ~ Soon, I hope ~
 
"could you be"love (as song goes), comforting, understanding, compassionate, caring, , gentle,happiness are some words that come to mind and that I see described in j kay 2 description also.
I felt him this day and I saw him also.
"delusional some may say"
I was alone ,as always and bullied , slandered, lied about etc etc and there he was.
Tears came to my eyes and I seeked him deep with in me and ignored the bad behaved people around for so long.

Jesus is more like a mother qualities than all the woman i see prancing around being bullies and very bad behaved.
(may be they are young ..) :)
He is so gentle and funny yet of course humble and understanding.

Very nice to think thought "God knows all" it feels good when people spread lies a whole world even believes that at least God knows truth..... and may be one day one day the people will know as well or maybe they will know a bit at least.
 
There are so many thoughts that popped into my head when I read that question. His name means so many things to me. I would have to say that the first word I thought of was love. He died for me, for my sins. Even though I am a sinner, He still loves me and wants me to live my life for Him so that I can have everlasting life in Heaven. I know living my life for Christ can and will be hard but, I know that He is with me at all times because He loves me.