Sermons I would preach if I had a congregation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ariel82

Sometimes I think about the lack of knowledge the world seems blind and lost. Yet God reveals so much truth and wisdom in the Bible.

why are people lost?

i know to some that might sound arrogant and at one time I might have been accurately accused of being prideful. however God has worked on my heart and He has shown me my own lacking in wisdom and knowledge.

Some days I think God is calling me to ministry and I feel inspired to write sermons and give messages to the masses. Messages of love that God has for them. Warnings about sin and calls for the blind to open their eyes and seek God so that they might get a salve and SEE the world as it is. warnings against chasing after the false riches of this world. warning of God's judgement to come, yet hope and faith that people will hear and turn back to Him and learn of his mercy and grace.

i don't think I am ready or even worthy to speak before God's people. I doubt anyone would listen or that I would say anything new or anything they haven't heard before.

among all my doubts and lack of self confidence, i hear a small whisper that says "God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called." all we have to do is take one right and faithful step at a time.

i don't know what God wants me to do with my life. I don't want to be a king and administer over the church body and worry about finances and church buildings. Do I want to be a priest to shepherd and guide the flock for a closer walk with Him? not really. I guess then that leaves a prophet to teach and exhort people to remember what God has already placed upon their hearts and taught them through His holy spirit.

i was reading a book "The Bondage Breaker: Overcoming Negative thoughts, Irrational feelings, habitual sins" by Neil T. Anderson (not sure if i like it only half way through) in it he makes a statement that I believe is true.

ONLY JESUS COULD BE ALL THREE: king, priest and prophet.

I know people misuse the terms today, but I look at them in the way the BIBLE uses them and agree that some pastors are KING of their church. They mainly focus on the earthly affairs of this world and the ruling thereof. (however most churches I attend give this a more democratic function through church councils or councils of elders)

some pastors are prophets that teach and exhort from the pulpit.

some pastors are Priest who shepherd and guide and perform the litiguical ceremonies.

any way this thread is not really a discussion thread.

Just one where I can post some sermon ideas and get any feedback anyone wants to give.

if i post something unbiblical, then i definitely want to know. i am only human and still learning.

however sometimes I feel that God really does have a message He wants me to share and I just need some help learning the right words to help others understand what sometimes I don't truly understand myself: God unfailing Agape Love.

stand2

Dec 6, 2017
God bless you Ariel.......you have spoken very well on your views of the world and many of us (including me) will receive your words as a blessing. Whatever God's plans are for you, I am sure He will richly bless you. My prayers for your continued walk in His path planned just for you......AMEN............Stan

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Thank you for sharing Ariel. I have found that God has a way of choosing us for tasks we would have never dreamed. I drove an eighteen-wheeler for 10 years when God called me. I was living in NE Oklahoma at the time. Within a year I was back in Southern California for retraining. I ended up in Oakland working a mission. While there, I retrained as a computer programmer. While still running the mission rehab homes, I commuted to my job in San Francisco, wearing a suit and tie. I would never have guessed that path. God works in mysterious ways. :cool:

Feb 28, 2016
you did a pretty good job right here sis, a small congregation who truly listened,
but greatly appreciate you and your precious message...

Dec 4, 2017
Sometimes I think about the lack of knowledge the world seems blind and lost. Yet God reveals so much truth and wisdom in the Bible.

why are people lost?

i know to some that might sound arrogant and at one time I might have been accurately accused of being prideful. however God has worked on my heart and He has shown me my own lacking in wisdom and knowledge.

Some days I think God is calling me to ministry and I feel inspired to write sermons and give messages to the masses. Messages of love that God has for them. Warnings about sin and calls for the blind to open their eyes and seek God so that they might get a salve and SEE the world as it is. warnings against chasing after the false riches of this world. warning of God's judgement to come, yet hope and faith that people will hear and turn back to Him and learn of his mercy and grace.

i don't think I am ready or even worthy to speak before God's people. I doubt anyone would listen or that I would say anything new or anything they haven't heard before.

among all my doubts and lack of self confidence, i hear a small whisper that says "God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called." all we have to do is take one right and faithful step at a time.

i don't know what God wants me to do with my life. I don't want to be a king and administer over the church body and worry about finances and church buildings. Do I want to be a priest to shepherd and guide the flock for a closer walk with Him? not really. I guess then that leaves a prophet to teach and exhort people to remember what God has already placed upon their hearts and taught them through His holy spirit.

i was reading a book "The Bondage Breaker: Overcoming Negative thoughts, Irrational feelings, habitual sins" by Neil T. Anderson (not sure if i like it only half way through) in it he makes a statement that I believe is true.

I know people misuse the terms today, but I look at them in the way the BIBLE uses them and agree that some pastors are KING of their church. They mainly focus on the earthly affairs of this world and the ruling thereof. (however most churches I attend give this a more democratic function through church councils or councils of elders)

some pastors are Priest who shepherd and guide and perform the litiguical ceremonies.

Just one where I can post some sermon ideas and get any feedback anyone wants to give.

if i post something unbiblical, then i definitely want to know. i am only human and still learning.

however sometimes I feel that God really does have a message He wants me to share and I just need some help learning the right words to help others understand what sometimes I don't truly understand myself: God unfailing Agape Love.
Amen

Something of courage while walking in prayer with our Lord of Host given Grace.

enoch, moses, jonah, elijah....
a trembling and fear of serving the Lord and rescuing souls, is a beautiful calling.

Each of those whom serve the Lord will have individual circumstances to be where the Lord so places them

Apr 29, 2012
Just a couple of quick thoughts,

You may only have a congregation of 1 person at a time.

A major part of direction (from God) is movement. That is, a person not moving, not taking any action must be motivated to move and then directed. I've found that God will direct a 'moving' person quicker than a non-moving one.

LibrarianLeo

Feb 8, 2018

why are people lost?

You can always invite people to bible studies.