Serpent in the New Heaven and Earth.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 15, 2017
It's interesting to note that Isaiah says the serpent is still eating dust.

(Isa 65:17 For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things will not be remembered or come to mind.)

(Isa 65:25 “The wolf and the lamb will graze together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox; and dust will be the serpent’s food. They will do no evil or harm in all My holy mountain,” says the LORD.)

(Gen 3:14 The LORD God said to the serpent. . . On your belly you will go, And dust you will eat all the days of your life)
But this is speaking of the reign of Christ on earth, not the New Jerusalem, the new earth, and new heaven.

When there is peace on earth, and people will not fight with each other, and animals will not fight with each other, and people and animals will not fear each other.

Which God will fight the world that rebelled against Him, and defeat them, and save Israel, and Jesus and the saints will rule over the heathen that God spared at the battle of Armageddon.

When the LORD is King over all the earth, and in that day there shall be one LORD, and His name one.

And the heathen have to go up year after year to Jerusalem to worship Jesus, and keep the feast of tabernacles to be right with God for they cannot have the Spirit, and cannot be saved for they took the mark of the beast.

When Jesus rules for 1000 years on earth He will have fulfilled the role of perfect King on earth, and the law will be fulfilled, and then heaven and earth shall pass away.

Jesus had to fulfill the law, which He was sinless, and all the roles associated with Israel, as King, High Priest, Saint, Prophet, Temple, sacrifice, and whatever else He had to fulfill.

But He has not fulfilled the role of perfect King on earth, and it has to be done on earth.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
It's interesting to note that Isaiah says the serpent is still eating dust.

(Isa 65:17 For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things will not be remembered or come to mind.)

(Isa 65:25 “The wolf and the lamb will graze together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox; and dust will be the serpent’s food. They will do no evil or harm in all My holy mountain,” says the LORD.)

(Gen 3:14 The LORD God said to the serpent. . . On your belly you will go, And dust you will eat all the days of your life)
The reference to the "wolf and the lamb grazing together and the lion eating straw" is referring to the millennial period which takes place on this current earth after the Lord returns to end the age. The new heavens, new earth and new Jerusalem come after this current heaven and earth pass away.

Apr 3, 2019
Well now I wondering about this, I am not a fan of snakes and know nothing about their diet, it does seem that they do eat dirt inadvertently though.

This would only appear as a contradiction to somebody that is unwilling to actually examine the claims made in the Word of God. Do snakes actually consume dust?
Yes! It's common knowledge that snakes dart their forked tongue out rapidly, and repeatedly. What are they doing when this is taking place?

Snakes have an organ on the inside of their mouth called the "Jacobson's Organ", which helps the snake to smell things, in additional to the functionality already provided by its nose. The entire process is done through sampling bits of dust and dirt on the snakes tongue.
Aside from this, snakes also attack, and consume, prey from the ground. In doing so, they would be consuming dust, too. You try eating a steak off the ground without getting some dust in your mouth.
Snakes literally do lick, and eat, dust.

https://www.thywordistrue.com/contradictions/12-do-snakes-eat-dirt

Perhaps we do not fully grasp what the new heaven and new earth are?
Just thinking about this, I would think all animals that graze or eat another animal on the ground would ingest some dirt.

U

UnderGrace

Just thinking about this, I would think all animals that graze or eat another animal on the ground would ingest some dirt.
We actually eat dirt too. unintentionally of course..about six pounds over a lifetime.

Apr 3, 2019
We actually eat dirt too. unintentionally of course..about six pounds over a lifetime.
I'm just glad that's not at one sitting.

Going back to Genesis, there are only A & Eve in the garden and the serpent along with the Tree of Life.

When John declares the new heaven and earth (Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth), the garden is now a city with the Tree of Life inside, and the city is teeming with life.

Yet outside the city there are still the sinners etc and this must be also the abode of the serpent.

(Rev 22:14-15 Blessed are those who wash their robes so they can have access to the tree of life and can enter into the city by the gates.

Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the sexually immoral, and the murderers, and the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood!)

U

UnderGrace

I'm just glad that's not at one sitting.

Going back to Genesis, there are only A & Eve in the garden and the serpent along with the Tree of Life.

When John declares the new heaven and earth (Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth), the garden is now a city with the Tree of Life inside, and the city is teeming with life.

Yet outside the city there are still the sinners etc and this must be also the abode of the serpent.

(Rev 22:14-15 Blessed are those who wash their robes so they can have access to the tree of life and can enter into the city by the gates.

Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the sexually immoral, and the murderers, and the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood!)
I am going to have to read this in context.... Mr. azamsimtoti you are making me think on stuff I had not really considered.:)

Feb 28, 2016
but, we have to admit, 'serpents' are a huge 'turn-off'!

E

eternally-gratefull

Is 65:
No more shall an infant from there live but a few days,
Nor an old man who has not fulfilled his days;
For the child shall die one hundred years old,
But the sinner being one hundred years old shall be accursed.
21 They shall build houses and inhabit them;
They shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
22 They shall not build and another inhabit;
They shall not plant and another eat;
For as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people,
And My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23 They shall not labor in vain,
Nor bring forth children for trouble;
For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the Lord,
And their offspring with them.
24 “It shall come to pass
That before they call, I will answer;
And while they are still speaking, I will hear.
25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together,
The lion shall eat straw like the ox,
And dust shall be the serpent’s food.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,”
Says the Lord.

There is also death, and child birth

I do not think this is the NEW heavens and earth, but the restored earth after the tribulation.

The word “new” actually means to renew. Or something that is recent or new. (Ie a new bride, who is not a new bride, but a woman who is now a bride.)

Where as “new” in rev 21 means recently made, new creation etc etc

E

eternally-gratefull

If ya think about it. We do at times..lol

Apr 3, 2019
There is also death, and child birth

I do not think this is the NEW heavens and earth, but the restored earth after the tribulation.

The word “new” actually means to renew. Or something that is recent or new. (Ie a new bride, who is not a new bride, but a woman who is now a bride.)

Where as “new” in rev 21 means recently made, new creation etc etc
EG, John uses G2537 kainos, so does Peter in 2 Pet 3:13, this is the same word used in the LXX version of Isaiah.

"new as in recently made" in the Greek is G3501 neos. This is used in the new wine in old "bottles" saying of Jesus.

John and Peter are referencing Isaiah IMO. All the new testament points to the prophetic fulfillment of the old.

Isaiah 65:17 LXX

https://studybible.info/LXX_WH/Isaiah 65:17

E

eternally-gratefull

EG, John uses G2537 kainos, so does Peter in 2 Pet 3:13, this is the same word used in the LXX version of Isaiah.

"new as in recently made" in the Greek is G3501 neos. This is used in the new wine in old "bottles" saying of Jesus.

John and Peter are referencing Isaiah IMO. All the new testament points to the prophetic fulfillment of the old.

Isaiah 65:17 LXX

https://studybible.info/LXX_WH/Isaiah 65:17
So there is death and childbirth in heaven?

I looked up the words bro I have logos bible software with tons of language dictionaries and lexicons and commentaries

Apr 3, 2019
So there is death and childbirth in heaven?
That's a bit like asking was there death and childbirth in the old heaven.

John says the nations enter into the city for healing Rev 22:2, so how would the nations need healing in heaven?

I looked up the words bro I have logos bible software with tons of language dictionaries and lexicons and commentaries
Very nice, pricey though.

E

eternally-gratefull

That's a bit like asking was there death and childbirth in the old heaven.

John says the nations enter into the city for healing Rev 22:2, so how would the nations need healing in heaven?-

Yes but Isaiah 65 says there is death and childbirth that’s the passage you were quoting along with eating dirt

Very nice, pricey though.
Yes but worth it. I stopped upgrading though lol

Apr 3, 2019
Yes but Isaiah 65 says there is death and childbirth that’s the passage you were quoting along with eating dirt
Agreed. Isaiah also states there are sinners also, as does John in Rev 22:15.

"Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the sexually immoral, and the murderers, and the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood!"

E

eternally-gratefull

Agreed. Isaiah also states there are sinners also, as does John in Rev 22:15.

"Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the sexually immoral, and the murderers, and the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood!"
yes outside. Ie they will not get in they would be those who are cast out to eternal darkness

In Is 65 they are actually living inside

The child shall live 100 years then die. The sinner will live 100 years and be cursed

There is no more sickness no more death in the rev earth as it says there is no more curse