Setting the Bar High

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My personal standard is this:

That he love the Lord with all His heart, mind, soul, and strength and loves his neighbor as hisself. Now, I don't expect him to be perfect at this because no one is, but if he places the Lord above all else all the little things will fall into place.

I look for a man who displays the fruit of the Spirit. I have a list of wants but every single thing is negotiable except the words I've written above.
I agree with your standard as that was my own when I was seeking a woman to become my wife.

Sep 13, 2018
Welcome to Singles!

The quote is interesting, and parts of it uphold some worthwhile values. However, I take issue with "a man who doesn't expect anything until he's given you everything." That's slavery, not relationship between two equals. Women aren't on a pedestal, that they should be worshiped. If, however, the statement is coded language meant to imply that a man shouldn't expect sex until after the wedding, then I'm in full agreement. Basically, I think expectations should generally be based on agreements, and aside from them, neither should expect something of the other that they are unwilling to do themselves. The bar should be high on both sides. :)
I want a partner with whom I respect an respects me. When you have respect for one one another, every thing else seemed to fall into place...

T

theanointedsinner

My personal standard is this:

That he love the Lord with all His heart, mind, soul, and strength and loves his neighbor as hisself. Now, I don't expect him to be perfect at this because no one is, but if he places the Lord above all else all the little things will fall into place.

I look for a man who displays the fruit of the Spirit. I have a list of wants but every single thing is negotiable except the words I've written above.
I'm working on it, if I ever risk pride, then it's well worth the risk.