seventh Day adventist?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cherries

Feb 21, 2007
Being on cc for many years I haven't really met any Seventh Day Adventist... so just I wanted to know any Christian Seventh day Adventist here? I am not one but I've watched sermons by seventh day adventist like Doug Batchelor I really love his preachings. Just curious :)

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Just search for threads about the Sabbath and you will find them!

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

SDA folks are probably smart enough to keep a lower profile around here. Too many people here are on witch hunt 24/7/365.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
This is not true. Not only the SDA keep the Sabbath :)
You seem to have misunderstood what was said ;) To say you will find them
there is not to say nobody else will be there that keeps the Sabbath. :)

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
You seem to have misunderstood what was said ;) To say you will find them
there is not to say nobody else will be there that keeps the Sabbath. :)

Thanks, Magenta! I did not mean to have it interpreted that no one else keeps the Sabbath! Just that the SDAs could be found there, among others!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Thanks, Magenta! I did not mean to have it interpreted that no one else keeps the Sabbath! Just that the SDAs could be found there, among others!
You are welcome, Angela! :) I thought it a very clever reply :D

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

They are active here and they do tell you they are SDA
I'll keep my eyes peeled for new SDA members and look at the "warm" reception they will receive here from the membership.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
SDA's turn keeping the Saturday Sabbath into a legalistic prescription. There is an elderly man on my mail route who is always trying to convince me that I need to keep the weekly Sabbath on Saturday and often brags that he does. He even brags about not eating pork and implies that he will be saved because of doing both. He once encouraged me to tell my employer that I cannot work on Saturday in order to keep the Sabbath day holy and even implied that those who don't will not make it to heaven. I have never once heard this man share the gospel, but he sure loves to talk about complying with ALL of the requirements of the SDA church in order to be saved. All I've heard from that man is salvation by works.

Feb 7, 2015
One of the best men I ever worked for was SDA. And I know several personally that I would rank far above many others I know. Not a one of them has ever told me I should be attending church on Saturday... only that they feel they should.

We Sunday goers make rules out of things that are not even in the Bible, and we hold others who do not adhere to our little rules as, often, sacrilegious. Don't think so? How about "Every eye closed, and every head bowed?"

Don't tell me that when you, yourself, were violating that sacred cow of ours by looking around the church during a prayer, that you didn't spot Sister Sacrilegious not bowing hers, and made a quick judgement call on her. Probably gossiped a little too about it with your friends.

What is it to us if they dig another day for worship? Or their dietary preferences? It SHOULD be nothing. And as far as the lady they seem to follow, well not too many of have enough information about that to call them out (As though THAT ever stopped many of us. LOL) So, my suggestion is to attend one of their services (be sure to get there early for Sabbath School) and see what they are all about.

Last edited:

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Are their different groups of SDA's? When I checked with Christian Apologetic websites on what they teach, I read this - "There are too many problems within Seventh-day Adventistism to recommend it as a safe church. Though there are Seventh-day Adventist groups that are within orthodoxy, there are too many of them that are not." The man on my mail route who is an SDA obviously was not a part of the group that was within orthodoxy.

Feb 7, 2015
Are their different groups of SDA's? When I checked with Christian Apologetic websites on what they teach, I read this - "There are too many problems within Seventh-day Adventistism to recommend it as a safe church. Though there are Seventh-day Adventist groups that are within orthodoxy, there are too many of them that are not." The man on my mail route who is an SDA obviously was not a part of the group that was within orthodoxy.
The Westboros are Baptist................

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
The Westboros are Baptist................
I have seen that group in person holding up their signs of protest in hatred. I would stay far away from that Baptist church!

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
The SDA is a works salvation religion.. They may be really nice people on average but as we know no one is perfect and God is..

Dec 10, 2015
Does it matter if we keep the Sabbath on a Saturday or on Sunday? No. Because the Sabbath was made for man. Men we not made for the Sabbath.

There are many "work for Salvation" Religions out in the world.

Cherries

Feb 21, 2007
thanks for replying everyone. I am curious about them sense i really like alot of the sermons on youtube. might visit an sda church too. i've visited tons of churches so i do not shy way from visiting a new church i am unsure of

P

pottersclay

When I was younger I was a Sabbath keeper. I had all there latest albums, saw them twice in concert. Reckless Ozzie..I ...oh ...oh my...not the same....nevermind:confused:

J

jcha

Ben Carson, Seventh Day Adventist. He will probably never run for president again, but he spoke passionately about his faith.

A

AshleyStandingStill

All, of what you have all said is true to certain extent. I'm an Adventist. I was baptized in '05. 24 years old now. But Adventist believe that Christians should be peculiar to the world and different in every light. Were suppose to live in the world but not be of the world. That means not necessarily taking part in all theses pagans Holidays or even birthdays. For instance, a lot of people say that Christmas is when Jesus was born. That's all incorrect. Nobody, knows exactly when Jesus was born, but it definitely wasn't cold. Adventist, like to keep a low profile when it comes to everything. Most would not be on this site or any other social media, except FB. We believe that the Lord with send us everything that we need. So, we sit still and our constantly in prayer. Being still and prayful means everything. You never know what the future holds but since you have that strong faith in the Lord. Your able to see through the eyes of the Lord.
Baptist/Catholics/Methodist etc. They do things a lot differently. (Exodus 20:8-11) The first example, is the day of the week that they choose to worship on. The judgmental comments that they tend to display, about what someone is wearing. Or how they are singing. Remember, your suppose to come as you are. There should be no judgment. Also, all the clapping of your hands, the drums, and or bass. Is basically praising that song or someone that sung a song. Everything is in the bible for you to learn. But a lot of Sunday worshippers fail to adhere from their bibles. THE BIBLE IS EVERYTHING, IT SHOULD BE APART OF YOUR LIFE EVERY DAY. YOU SHOULD LIVE BY THE WORD CONSYANTLY, BECAUSE IT RELATES TO EVERTYTHING THAT HAPPENED IN THE PAST AND WHATS GOING ON RIGHT NOW IN THIS WORLD TODAY. (1 Peter 5:8) be vigilant in all your works and what you choose to accomplish. Thank you!