Seventh Day Adventist

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Are Seventh Day Adventists a Cult

• Total voters

ankagirl

Feb 10, 2021
Hi Anka,

I don't really see that passage about resting but rather emphasizing Christ's point of not becoming legalistic about it as the Pharisees had done, "Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath"---instead of being a day of rest, it had become a day of rules and regulations, which quite a number of denominations did over the years, though that's rarely if ever seen in our churches nowadays.
I agree, my point was that if you force people to gather on the Sabbath aka Saturday instead of Sunday, it begins to be all about the rules.
My parents worked in a Jewish camp when they were younger, and it was the same there. On Saturday (Sabbath), there was a literal line going around the camp that limited people from going too far, trying to keep them from 'working'. They also couldn't set their oven to a temperature about 150F, and were not permited to turn on any fans or the like during the Sabbath. Obviously these are rules that only put people in bondage, rather than bringing them freedom like Christ brought us.