Seventh-day Adventists

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Seems there are a lot of people who believe that people who end up in the Lake of fire will be annihilated..

But the Bible declares::

Revelation 20: KJV
10 "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

So for a Bible believer the doctrine of annihilation cannot be an option..
This is true but they will turn around and say "look it says beast false prophet and devil, not people, uh duhh"

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Curious here...........not arguing for or against this belief, but, as I understand it, the tares/sinners will be consumed by fire and cease to exist for eternity........seems to me they are paying for their denial of Christ/God, and doing so for all eternity...........

Also, what does this particular belief have to do with salvation? I do not see the connection. I have never given much thought to this particular belief, nor to eternal fire/punishment.........mainly because I know where I will be, and I focus on that........keeping my eyes on Jesus. Still, I do not see how this belief has anything to do with salvation. Some folks believe water baptism is required for salvation, others believe in predestination, and others in works salvation, and others in OSAS, and others that women are not allowed to be Pastors, and others in keeping the Saturday Sabbath, and others that if you aren't baptized in their church, you are not saved, some deny the Trinity, and others in.............well, point made I suspect.

There are some beliefs of the SDA's that I disagree with, but this particular one does not seem all that important to me, at least not to condemn anyone for believing it.

my thoughts
Yes, there are a variety of FALSE beliefs within Christianity. All one needs to do is search the scriptures dilligently, pray to God to be shown the truth.

Most of the things are so cut and dry and clear that the only reason why a differing "opinion" exists is because of western culture. We just read western culture into the Bible.

Im not saying if you believe in annihilationism you are a lost man. But the truth is still the truth. And doesnt it matter if we got the truth or not?
I believe it plays a major role in evangelism.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
This is true but they will turn around and say "look it says beast false prophet and devil, not people, uh duhh"
Yes i have had that response from others before.. Yeah you can say the devil is not human and in some interpretations the beast is not human ( I believe he is a man ) but the false prophet is definitely a man and he will be in torment in the eternal lake of fire forever and ever.. So the doctrine of annihilation is simply not true..

Dec 28, 2016
SDA is out on a limb with its teaching that those in the lake of fire are not human: read Revelation 20:15. Why not just read a few verses down and get some context? Because all false teachings take Scripture out of context, and pit Scripture against Scripture.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Hell is eternal in that the wicked will be destroyed and sin will never rise again. Throughout all eternity there will never be another wicked person they will cease to exist and are eternally lost, gone never to live again.

Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed with eternal fire but if you go to the location today there is no fire why? Because when the fuel is burned up the fire ceases but it is eternally gone forever as Sodom and Gomorrah do not exist today...

How is annihilation more or less tolerable? Is one group going to burn longer until they are annihilated?
Matthew 11:24 New King James Version (NKJV)
24 But I say to you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you.”

Matthew 10:15 New King James Version (NKJV)
15 Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!

How does somebody who is annihilated receive a greater condemnation?

Matthew 23:14 New King James Version (NKJV)
14 [a]Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
So you just condemned Dan?

Wow. So now your playing God. way to go man.

It means anything else you said in this post means nothing,
Knowing Maxwell, I'm pretty sure he meant this jokingly. He is usually brilliant with his wit. This one kinda fell flat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
[QUOTE="Hevosmies, post: 3807269, member: 274730"]Yes, there are a variety of FALSE beliefs within Christianity. All one needs to do is search the scriptures dilligently, pray to God to be shown the truth.

I certainly agree with that......

Most of the things are so cut and dry and clear that the only reason why a differing "opinion" exists is because of western culture. We just read western culture into the Bible.

I don't know about that......even the Apostles and Disciples argued over theology/interpretations

Im not saying if you believe in annihilationism you are a lost man. But the truth is still the truth. And doesnt it matter if we got the truth or not?

Yes, it matters. However, my truth, your truth, someone else's truth are not always the same truth. Lord knows, the BDF is proof positive of that. :) We do need to strive for the Truth of Scripture, and that is where the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit comes in. It is He who knows the Truth. We have to be able to hear His guidance/teachings.

I believe it plays a major role in evangelism.

Hmm...don't know about that. Seems to me that Evangelism should be about the love of God, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and eternal salvation. About the Two Greatest Commandments.... I think love is a far better tool to win souls with than hell........but, now, that's just me. :)

[/QUOTE]

E

eternally-gratefull

Knowing Maxwell, I'm pretty sure he meant this jokingly. He is usually brilliant with his wit. This one kinda fell flat.
Well thats good to know..And yeah, Flat!

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
So you just condemned Dan?

Wow. So now your playing God. way to go man.

It means anything else you said in this post means nothing,
I quoted some famous scriptures, and replaced "mark of the beast" with "mail of the beast"...

sorry, I thought it was funny.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
And then...

I sent Dan a pm telling him I knew mailmen were all secretly in league with with antichrist.

Ya know, it was Christmas, things around CC were getting all serious and worked up...
and I was feeling silly.

K

kaylagrl

And then...

I sent Dan a pm telling him I knew mailmen were all secretly in league with with antichrist.

Ya know, it was Christmas, things around CC were getting all serious and worked up...
and I was feeling silly.

Little too much nog huh? :p Good to see you Max. Hope you're enjoying this sinful holiday of Christmas :rolleyes:

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
How is annihilation more or less tolerable? Is one group going to burn longer until they are annihilated?
Matthew 11:24 New King James Version (NKJV)
24 But I say to you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you.”

Matthew 10:15 New King James Version (NKJV)
15 Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!

How does somebody who is annihilated receive a greater condemnation?

Matthew 23:14 New King James Version (NKJV)
14 [a]Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.

I don't understand your come back at all.... I must be dense...

bibleonly

Dec 24, 2018
Hello Everybody, I didn't know there would be so many questions concerning Seventh-day Adventists. I think that it would be easier for all of us if those with questions would email them to me, and then I can post the question and the answer on the conversation. My email for receiving questions is [email protected] (italics added for clarity only). I will keep the people who ask questions confidential. I welcome all questions about Seventh-day Adventists or the Bible. When I post the questions and the answers, I only wish to answer, I do not wish to offend anyone. The email again is: [email protected]
I hope that we will be able to search the Bible and find truth together.
God Bless!

bibleonly

Dec 24, 2018
Do all SDA's teach that the near the end of time the "mark of the best" of Revelation 14 will be placed upon those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday? I've heard more than a few SDA's promote that teaching. - http://www.nonsda.org/study8.shtml
Hello Everybody, I didn't know there would be so many questions concerning Seventh-day Adventists. I think that it would be easier for all of us if those with questions would email them to me, and then I can post the question and the answer on the conversation. My email for receiving questions is [email protected] (italics added for clarity only). I will keep the people who ask questions confidential. I welcome all questions about Seventh-day Adventists or the Bible. When I post the questions and the answers, I only wish to answer, I do not wish to offend anyone. The email again is: [email protected]
God Bless!

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
God Bless!
We don't have a lot of questions...
we just disagree with you.

Disagreement isn't a question.
:)

And for the Seventh-day Adventists that have been around CC a long time; we still like you.
But we still disagree on some things.

bibleonly

Dec 24, 2018
This member 'bibleonly' is now banned because of their apparent extreme SDA agenda.
Do all SDA's teach that the near the end of time the "mark of the best" of Revelation 14 will be placed upon those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday? I've heard more than a few SDA's promote that teaching. - http://www.nonsda.org/study8.shtml
Yes, most Bible believing Seventh-day Adventists teach that the end time mark of the beast is in fact placed upon those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday.
In order to fully understand why they (including I teach that) we have to realize that when Satan makes a counterfeit (in this case a counterfeit mark, the mar of the beast) God has a true mark or sign. We have to find out what this is.
"12 Moreover I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me, that they might know that I am the Lord who sanctifies them." - Ezekiel 20:12
"17 It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed." - Exodus 31:17
In these texts, God is saying that He gave us His Sabbath as a sign of His power to create and His power to sanctify (convert and save) us. In the Bible, the words seal, sign, mark, and token are used interchangeably. God’s sign, the Sabbath, represents His holy power to rule as Creator and Savior. Revelation 7:1–3 says it will be written upon the foreheads (minds—Hebrews 10:16) of His people. It will signify that they are owned by Him and have His character. True Sabbath keeping signifies that a person has surrendered his life to Jesus Christ and is willing to follow wherever Jesus leads. Since, God's original mark involves a holy day, it is quite possible that Satan's counterfeit mark involves a holy day.
In Daniel 7:25 when describing the antichrist, God said that he would seek to change times and laws. Satan's counterfeit is the counterfeit Sabbath, Sunday.
For more information you can visit the link: https://www.sabbathtruth.com/faq/advanced-topics/the-sabbath-and-the-mark-of-the-beast
or you can email me at: [email protected]

bibleonly

Dec 24, 2018
What is your understanding about the Investigative Judgment, and how is it supported by Scripture?

As far as Christians are concerned, it is false doctrine, since it essentially denies the finished work of Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection, as well as salvation by grace through faith apart from works.
I would submit to you that it is not false doctrine. In Daniel 8, Daniel has a vision that we usually call the 2300 year prophecy. (This is really long to explain so you or anybody else who would like more information may email me at: [email protected]) The 2300 day prophecy ended in the year 1844 A.D. when the Sanctuary (the only one that exists is the one in heaven, Hebrews supports the belief that there is one in heaven) is cleansed. Christ is our high priest according to Hebrews 3:1, "Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus, " and Hebrews 9:11, "But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation." If you would like more information you may email me at the above email address or you can follow this link:
https://www.adventist.org/en/beliefs/restoration/christs-ministry-in-the-heavenly-sanctuary/

bibleonly

Dec 24, 2018
When John the Baptist saw Jesus for the first time...."Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." John 1:29.
What did the prophet mean by those cryptic words? Why did he call Jesus a lamb, and how could He take away the sins of the world? To get the answers to those questions, we must leave the banks of the Jordan River and travel back hundreds of years in time to the banks of the Red Sea. If you study why the requirements for this temporary structure were so exacting, and why God command Moses to make it precisely after this pattern is important. The answer becomes self-evident as you understand the daily symbolic worship rites which were divinely ordained for every Israelite to carry out in that tabernacle.
Lambs were killed and sin offerings were given.
Heb 9:21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.
Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
The priest then placed some of the blood on the horns of the altar in the outer court and ate a small piece of the meat, thus taking upon himself the sins of the individual worshippers. Afterward, the priest killed a sin offering for himself, and carried the blood into the holy place where it was sprinkled before the veil. Thus all sin, either directly or indirectly, eventually found its way into the sanctuary where it was recorded through the sprinkled blood.. Day by day, for an entire year, the sins accumulated in the sanctuary by the daily ministry of the priests in the holy place.

Then came the annual Day of Atonement when a final disposition was made of their record of sin in the sanctuary. It always fell on the tenth day of the seventh month and was called the "cleansing of the sanctuary." To this day, that solemn observance (Yom Kippur) is regarded by every Jew as a day of judgment. Symbolically a blotting out of the blood-recorded sins took place as the high priest, alone, entered the holy of holies to sprinkle the blood of a goat.
The high priest alone passed through the veil to sprinkle blood on the mercy seat and to cleanse all the record of sin from the sanctuary. When he emerged from the holy of holies, the final atonement had been completed and a symbolic judgment had been made concerning sin and its penalty.

Time does not permit us to examine the wealth of symbolisms in the desert tabernacle which illuminates almost every aspect of the great plan of salvation. Christ, the sacrificial Lamb, was foreshadowed in the bread, the incense, the lamps, the mercy seat. But most of all, He was represented by the high priest who carried the blood into the Shekinah presence of God. When you look at the book of Hebrews, all the earthly types had to be fulfilled by the ministry of Jesus in the heavenly sanctuary. How and when Jesus entered that priestly work is the thrilling subject of Daniel's most impressive vision (Daniel 8 and 9).

The book of Hebrews assures us that all which was foreshadowed in the earthly sanctuary must be carried out in the heavenly sanctuary by the heavenly High Priest. "We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; a minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched and not man." Hebrews 8:1, 2.

Here is an important question: Did the prescribed services in the earthly sanctuary relate to the work Jesus would perform in the true temple in the heavens? Hebrews describes the Levite priests as those "who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God, when he was about to make the tabernacle: for see, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount." Hebrews 8:5.

Here the inspired writer explains why God required Moses to carefully copy the pattern revealed in the mountain. The earthly was to serve as an "example and shadow" of the ministry of Christ before the Father. By observing the work of the priest in the two apartments here on earth, men would understand the special intercessory work of Christ after He ascended back to heaven. In Hebrews 9:1-10 we read in much detail how the daily service and the once-a-year cleansing service was conducted in the earthly sanctuary, which was an example and shadow of the heavenly. Here, after describing the solemn entry of the high priest into the most holy place on the Day of Atonement, Paul wrote: "The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing." Hebrews 9:8.

Clearly, this verse is saying that Christ's ministry in the true heavenly sanctuary would only begin after the earthly had fulfilled its typical role as an example and pattern. When He ascended, Jesus entered the first apartment of the heavenly sanctuary as evidenced by John's description of Him walking among the candlesticks (Revelation 1:13). This fulfills the example of the holy place ministry on earth. When He entered into the heavenly holy place, He did not carry the blood of lambs or goats, "but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us." Hebrews 9:12.

But just as surely as He fulfilled the type of the daily ministry in the holy place, Christ also must fulfill the example of the most holy place mediation. Paul wrote: "Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others; For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation." Hebrews 9:25-28.
Do not overlook the connection of that word "judgment" with what Jesus does in the most holy place. He did not need to go in every year but only once "in the end of the world." His work of cleansing the heavenly sanctuary of the record of sin was absolutely necessary to fulfill the example and shadow of the earthly-type Day of Atonement. The biblical statement to this effect is unequivocal and undeniable. "And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us." Hebrews 9:22-24.

By understanding the day of atonement, you can understand what Jesus is doing in the most Holy place today.

Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Rev 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

i could have given many more texts and points but i tried to keep it short,,, sorry i failed.
Are you a seventh-day Adventist?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Wondering how SDA's twist Scriptures like these:

Colossians 2:16-17 New King James Version (NKJV)
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a [a]festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the [b]substance is of Christ.

Romans 14:
4 Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; [a]and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it.

Galatians 4:9-10 New King James Version (NKJV)
9 But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage? 10 You observe days and months and seasons and years.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I don't understand your come back at all.... I must be dense...
Nope. Not dense.

Let me try and articulate again.

If the lost are annihilated, how are some going to receive GREATER condemnation, and how is hell going to be LESS tolerable for some?

Annihilated means they no longer have any existence or consciousness.