Seventh-day Adventists

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
God’s Memorials

Rev. 14:9-11 “And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.”

Some things are preserved in God's memory that is just as good as having them on file or archived digitally. His recall is 100%. Here is a case for something in God's memory:

Mark 9:47, 48 "And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched." Come on, a maggot that never dies. What is that?

Be aware that Sheol and Hades simply refers to the grave. Our doctrine of a dwelling place of the dead is inserted into Strong's Concordance as a reference. The reference in Revelation where they are tormented day and night forever, their smoke ascending forever could refer to something captured on film, therefore forever preserved. The reference in Mark 9:44: "Where their worm dieth not and the fire is not quenched" I believe is another example of that. It just does not make sense of a maggot that never dies. Anyway, hades is finally tossed into the lake of fire. You can't do that with a dwelling place.

All said, as I stated before all scripture has to fit together, in what we teach, or none of it is valid. Some things were presented in parables with figurative speech. Some things maybe we don't quite understand yet. God will not reveal some things until He is ready for us to know. I feel Lazarus and the rich man is a parable despite the proper names.

When God is finished with purging the universe of evil: all the demons and evil people will be completely destroyed.

Eze. 28:14: "Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire." This establishes identity.

Eze. 28:18: "Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee."

Eze. 28:19: "All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more." This tells of the fate of Satan. Which is also the fate of those that reject the Holy Spirit anointing by the end of the judgement period.

What about this verse:

Rev. 20:10 “And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.”

The “are” in many translations was added for ease of reading but changed the meaning. Below is the NIV version which renders it correctly. Again, this is just another memorial preserved for the future.

Rev. 20:10 “And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.”
I have no faith in Strong's Concordance...

NIV to me = Not Inspired Version

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
It says in the bible not to forsake assembling together. It also says to proclaim the gospel to all nations and peoples. That would be a hard thing to do if you put an entire denomination on ignore. Also, as I have stated previously many times, there is not a church or denomination that is perfect in their entire doctrine and practices so you could not stay there either. If so, then you are forsaking the assembling together. While I certainly do disagree with a lot of the Catholic doctrine I will say that during each mass they affirm the trinity, the divinity of Jesus, and that He died for the forgiveness of sin and rose again. I have been in many types of churches and that is the only denomination that I have observed that does this. Also very odd that most church denominations have set aside Sunday as the day of worship copying the tradition established by the Catholic church. Wonder what else was subtly copied and now practiced?
The Bible says not to forsake gathering together.. But it is talking about Christians gathering together.. It is not telling us to gather with non-christians like catholics, muslims, hindus, buddhists, or satanists.

I am always willing to get together with Christians.. It is a great honor and pleasure to fellowship with Christians.. In this day and age i do not meet many.. But when i do it makes my day..

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
There's nothing wrong with gathering together on Sunday. We can worship God any day of the week. But the Bible only has one day that was "blessed" and "sanctified" (Gen. 2:3) by God at Creation, and reestablished in the Ten Commandments (Ex. 20:11), Sabbath was instituted at the end of the Creation week, and it was never changed.
The word "Sabbath" first appears in Exodus 16:23 - Then he said to them, “This is what the Lord has said: ‘Tomorrow is a Sabbath rest, a holy Sabbath to the Lord. Bake what you will bake today, and boil what you will boil; and lay up for yourselves all that remains, to be kept until morning. Sabbath keeping with all it's rules and regulations, was part of a covenant with Israel (Exodus 16:23, 29; 31:12-18; 35:1-3; Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3, 32; Numbers 15:32-36; 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13; Amos 8:5; Nehemiah 10:31) that is not binding on Christians in the New Testament. (Colossians 2:16-17)

*Now if every man from Adam to Moses kept the Sabbath, why is the Hebrew word for the weekly Sabbath found in the Ten Commandments, never found in the book of Genesis? *Why is no one before Moses ever being told to keep the Sabbath? *Why are there no examples of anyone keeping the Sabbath before Moses? *Why were the Patriarchs never instructed about the Sabbath, but were instructed regarding: offerings: Genesis 4:3-4, Altars Genesis 8:20, Priests: Genesis 14:18, Tithes: Genesis 14:20, Circumcision: Genesis 17:10, Marriage: Genesis 2:24 and Genesis 34:9. *Why would God leave out the Sabbath command in Genesis if it was for everyone to keep before Moses?

Although God's rest on the seventh day (Genesis 2:3) did foreshadow a future Sabbath law, there is no Biblical record of the Sabbath before the children of Israel left the land of Egypt. *Nowhere in Scripture is there any hint that Sabbath keeping was practiced from Adam to Moses.

The Word of God makes it quite clear that Sabbath observance was a sign between God and Israel:“The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he abstained from work and rested” (Exodus 31:16-17). Are you an Israelite under the law in the OT?

In Deuteronomy 5, Moses restates the Ten Commandments to the next generation of Israelites. Here, after commanding Sabbath observance in verses 12–14, Moses gives the reason the Sabbath was given to the nation Israel: “Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the Lord your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day” (Deuteronomy 5:15).

Dec 28, 2016
Are you a seventh-day Adventist?
How is it that your moniker betrays the reality of SDA's? Most are fully aware that it is not "bibleonly." So I ask, can you not see the apparent contradiction in your chosen moniker and your system? Are you unable to see and/or admit the contradiction? SDA is not Bible only, you know this, others know this. It is not Sola Scriptura, nor are you.

My friend if you cannot admit to or see this elementary and apparent problem there are even more severe issues at hand. One must start at the truth and not simply brush these off, for to do so is to progress forward, blindly. I hope God opens your eyes to the truth, Ephesians 1:15-23; 2 Peter 3:9.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
But the Bible only has one day that was "blessed" and "sanctified" (Gen. 2:3) by God at Creation, and reestablished in the Ten Commandments (Ex. 20:11), and spoken about in the Heaven to come ("from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come and worship before me, saith the Lord," Is. 66:23).
I hear SDA's quote this passage of scripture a lot and teach that Isaiah 66:23 is proof that Christians will observe Sabbath now, and in the new heaven. If Isaiah 66:23 teaches that we will keep the Jewish Sabbath in the new heaven, then it also teaches we will keep the Jewish New Moon festival in heaven. "And it shall be from new moon to new moon, and from Sabbath to Sabbath, all mankind will come to bow down before Me, says the Lord” - Isaiah 66:23. Let's be consistent.

SDA's have the Jewish new moon festival observances in the new heaven based on the above text. If you insist on Sabbath observances based on Isaiah 66:23, then you also need to observe new moons as well. Yet from what I hear, most Sabbatarian’s don’t observe new moons. That’s inconsistent. Are New moons and Sabbath keeping a requirement for Christians based on the New Covenant terms? NO.

*Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Will there be Levital Priests in the new heaven? If Isaiah 66:23 teaches that we will keep the Jewish Sabbath in the new heaven, then it also teaches in Isaiah 66:21 that the Levitical priests will be in the new heaven, because it is also mentioned. What happened to the Levitical Priesthood under the New Covenant terms? Priesthood changed so did the law. Hebrews 7:12 - For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also. *The Old and New Covenants do not mix.

Sep 3, 2016
You cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of demons: you cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of demons (1 Cor. 10:21).

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
If the Sabbath was changed just because it was more convenient or pleasing to meet on Sunday, then why must we still uphold the other Ten Commandment laws about idolatry, honoring parents, and covetousness? Why can't we just change those to suit the culture and our tastes and traditions?
Sabbath keeping with all it's rules and regulations, was part of a covenant with Israel that is not binding on Christians in the New Testament.

*Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Even when SDA's set out to worship on the Sabbath, are they truly "keeping the Sabbath?" To "keep the Sabbath" as it was required in the Old Testament under the Old Covenant would involve compliance with specific regulations (Exodus 16:23; 35:3; Leviticus 23:32; Jeremiah 17:21) that were strictly enforced.

If Sabbath day observances are still required, so would the burnt offerings which went along with them (Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3; Numbers 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13). So no kindling a fire in any of your dwellings on the sabbath (Exodus 35:3). Every man must remain in his place on the sabbath (Exodus 16:29). No trading (Amos 8:5). No marketing (Nehemiah 10:31; 13:15,19).

These were commanded by God to Israel (Exodus 35:1).

If the seventh day Sabbath is still in affect, then why do not the Sabbatarians seek to obey ALL that the LORD commanded? How can a person keep a certain law when he keeps only part of it?

If the Sabbath day laws were still in effect today, then according to Exodus 31:12-18; 35:1-3; and Numbers 15:32-36, anyone who profaned the Sabbath was put to death and any person who does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from his people.

Who is going to enforce that? The Jewish synagogue? The Seventh day Adventist church? The Government? Since we do not live under a theocratic state as ancient Israel did under the Old Covenant, no Sabbatarian can live consistently under these Mosaic regulations.

Since the old covenant has been made obsolete, does this leave us with no moral direction? Absolutely not. God made obsolete the old covenant to "put legally into place" the new covenant (2 Corinthians 3:6-9; Hebrews 8:6-13). The old covenant was a conditional agreement that God made with the Israelites. The old covenant was in effect during the dispensation of law. We are not under the law, but under grace.

The life of discipleship flows out of the new command, to love one another as He loved us (John 13:34), which Paul refers to as the "law of Christ" (Galatians 6:2). Love fulfills the law (Romans 13:8-10). Out of this single command comes other commands, including references for the moral aspect of 9 of the 10 commandments which are reiterated in the New Testament, yet the command to keep the Sabbath day is not binding on Christians in the New Testament.

1. You shall have no other gods before Me. - Acts 14:15
2. You shall make no idols. - 1 John 5:21
3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain. - as Matthew 5:33,34; 1 Timothy 6:1; James 2:7
4. Keep the Sabbath day holy. - Not binding on the Church - Colossians 2:16-17
5. Honor your father and your mother. - Ephesians 6:1-2
6. You shall not murder. - Romans 13:9-10; 1 John 3:15
7. You shall not commit adultery. - Romans 13:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
8. You shall not steal. - Romans 13:9-10; Ephesians 4:28
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. - Romans 13:9-10; Colossians 3:9-10
10. You shall not covet. - Romans 13:9-10; Ephesians 5:3

"He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenantnot of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills...the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone...the ministry that condemns." But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. (2 Corinthians 3:6-9).

The law on our heart and mind is the love of the Spirit, not the law of the letter. This is why Paul tells us that the new covenant is a covenant of the Spirit, and not of the letter.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
How is it that your moniker betrays the reality of SDA's? Most are fully aware that it is not "bibleonly." So I ask, can you not see the apparent contradiction in your chosen moniker and your system? Are you unable to see and/or admit the contradiction? SDA is not Bible only, you know this, others know this. It is not Sola Scriptura, nor are you.

My friend if you cannot admit to or see this elementary and apparent problem there are even more severe issues at hand. One must start at the truth and not simply brush these off, for to do so is to progress forward, blindly. I hope God opens your eyes to the truth, Ephesians 1:15-23; 2 Peter 3:9.
Brother Anderson, who was a member of the SDA Church for 33 years, was astonished and amazed when he began studying the Bible instead of Ellen White's books and made the shocking discovery that SDA truth is different from Biblical truth. He found that some SDA teachings are not based upon Scripture at all but upon tradition, conjecture of the early pioneers, and statements made by the prophetess Ellen White. - http://www.nonsda.org

Sep 25, 2018
That neither proved a law keeping salvation and or disproved what Paul was inspired to write in Galatians.....faith plus works of any sort to gain, keep, top off, finish salvation is a gospel of a DIFFERENT KIND with NO POWER to save, those who teach it are DOUBLE CURSED and those who believe it are fools and bewitched.....!
I agree! If we were saved by our works, then it would be not of grace, but of debt (Rom. 4:4).

Sep 25, 2018
Sabbath keeping with all it's rules and regulations, was part of a covenant with Israel that is not binding on Christians in the New Testament.

Even when SDA's set out to worship on the Sabbath, are they truly "keeping the Sabbath?" To "keep the Sabbath" as it was required in the Old Testament under the Old Covenant would involve compliance with specific regulations (Exodus 16:23; 35:3; Leviticus 23:32; Jeremiah 17:21) that were strictly enforced.

If Sabbath day observances are still required, so would the burnt offerings which went along with them (Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3; Numbers 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13). So no kindling a fire in any of your dwellings on the sabbath (Exodus 35:3). Every man must remain in his place on the sabbath (Exodus 16:29). No trading (Amos 8:5). No marketing (Nehemiah 10:31; 13:15,19).

If the seventh day Sabbath is still in affect, then why do not the Sabbatarians seek to obey ALL that the LORD commanded? How can a person keep a certain law when he keeps only part of it?

If the Sabbath day laws were still in effect today, then according to Exodus 31:12-18; 35:1-3; and Numbers 15:32-36, anyone who profaned the Sabbath was put to death and any person who does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from his people.

Who is going to enforce that? The Jewish synagogue? The Seventh day Adventist church? The Government? Since we do not live under a theocratic state as ancient Israel did under the Old Covenant, no Sabbatarian can live consistently under these Mosaic regulations.

Since the old covenant has been made obsolete, does this leave us with no moral direction? Absolutely not. God made obsolete the old covenant to "put legally into place" the new covenant (2 Corinthians 3:6-9; Hebrews 8:6-13). The old covenant was a conditional agreement that God made with the Israelites. The old covenant was in effect during the dispensation of law. We are not under the law, but under grace.

The life of discipleship flows out of the new command, to love one another as He loved us (John 13:34), which Paul refers to as the "law of Christ" (Galatians 6:2). Love fulfills the law (Romans 13:8-10). Out of this single command comes other commands, including references for the moral aspect of 9 of the 10 commandments which are reiterated in the New Testament, yet the command to keep the Sabbath day is not binding on Christians in the New Testament.

3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain. - as Matthew 5:33,34; 1 Timothy 6:1; James 2:7
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. - Romans 13:9-10; Colossians 3:9-10

"He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenantnot of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills...the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone...the ministry that condemns." But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. (2 Corinthians 3:6-9).

The law on our heart and mind is the love of the Spirit, not the law of the letter. This is why Paul tells us that the new covenant is a covenant of the Spirit, and not of the letter.
I understand what you're saying. The letter does kill, and that is why I believe Sabbath should be kept in the spirit--though not necessarily each letter--of the Old Testament regulations. That is, do no unnecessary work on Sabbath, do not buy or sell, and keep it a day of rememberance and fellowship with God. Most SDAs do keep these OT regulations of how to keep the Sabbath. But context is taken into consideration, and Jesus' words about the Sabbath are also kept in view. "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath" (Mark 2:27), along with others.

As for the Sabbath no longer being binding, I believe that Jesus kept the Sabbath, that He rested on the Sabbath even in death along with His disciples (Luke 23:56), and that He never gave a command to change the law He had already established at Creation and written in stone at Mt. Sinai. The disciples may have gathered on Sunday, but there is no evidence of them making it the new day of worship.

Because of all the evidence of the Sabbath being a part of God's eternal law, I think that the sabbaths mentioned in Colossians 2:16-17 were part of the other feast days and ceremonies that were "a shadow of things to come," rather than an everlasting memorial of God's creative and redemptive power that was written in stone.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
When you see sin, you have to tell yourself “that is what Christ died for”, every mans flesh is corrupt, always will be until we receive a new body....every person on earth has been forgiven for the sin they have committed, or ever will commit....When Christ died on the cross, did he not die for the sin of the world? If you judge a non believer, what are you judging him for? Sin? Why judge him for sinning when you do it yourself? Are you not condemning yourself? Christ died for all sin, for every man, though many will not believe this, therefore they will die in unbelief, and not be partakers in the kingdom of heaven.....so that brings the question of judgement....why judge them for sin? That is not our job in the dispinsation of grace.....our job is to deliver the message of the finished work of the cross....we have no reason to judge anyone....if your are interpreting your bible by reading Matthew, Luke, Mark etc....your are reading the wrong books....you are not of the lost sheep of Israel....you are a gentile, the book of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John, James.....are not for you. The appostle Paul was sent to the gentiles to preach the mystery that was know before the foundations of the earth were formed...Matthew 10 Christ tells the apostles to not go the way of the gentiles....that was reserved for the appostle Paul, as he was visited by an angel on the road to Damascus....Paul is your appostle.....all of the Bible is meant for you, but it is not all for you....mixing the messages of Christ’s earthly ministry, in which he was under the law, is a much different message of Paul preaching the dispinsation of grace.....2 completely different programs
1. Seem to me you do not understand my question.

You do not give definition of judge.

When I say non believer go to hell, is that judge or quote the Bible?
2. On your second sentence you say .....Every person on earth sin has been forgiven for sin that ever and will ever they commit.

Is this your opinion or the teaching of the Bible?
Give me a verse that say Jesus forgive every body on earth.

If so, no body go to hell.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
The main problem I have with the SDA is their position regarding Ellen White. Many regard her as a prophet and some of their doctrines are based on the fact that she taught them. Her writings are in many ways sound but there are some things that that I would not agree with. Apart from that I do not consider anyone after Christ and John the Baptist to be a prophet however sound their teachings are.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018

Great post! That should end the SDA religion completely and shut the sabbatarians up for good.
LOOK UP THE VERSES.

Where are your sabbath sacrifices? Fake sabbath keeping!

can I use this post?

Sep 25, 2018
That was a parable and not conclusive or specific about the fate of the lost but it does add considerable weight to the argument. I would consider that a pertinent verse that merits serious consideration.
It does merit consideration, along with other verses about the wicked being burned "forever and ever." But I think the other verses about the wicked being burnt up leaving "neither root nor branch" (Mal. 4:1), and "the soul that sinneth, it shall die," (Ez. 18:4), and Jesus' statements about both body and soul being destroyed in hell (Matt. 10:28) should also be considered. And as one Middle Eastern man told me, "forever and ever" means "until it's completely finished," in his culture. His father told him to burn the trash "forever and ever," and that meant to incinerate it and destroy it completely to ashes. This would also make sense when paired with Jude's statement about the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah suffering "eternal fire," since they are destroyed and not continually burning.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
When you see sin, you have to tell yourself “that is what Christ died for”, every mans flesh is corrupt, always will be until we receive a new body....every person on earth has been forgiven for the sin they have committed, or ever will commit....When Christ died on the cross, did he not die for the sin of the world? If you judge a non believer, what are you judging him for? Sin? Why judge him for sinning when you do it yourself? Are you not condemning yourself? Christ died for all sin, for every man, though many will not believe this, therefore they will die in unbelief, and not be partakers in the kingdom of heaven.....so that brings the question of judgement....why judge them for sin? That is not our job in the dispinsation of grace.....our job is to deliver the message of the finished work of the cross....we have no reason to judge anyone....if your are interpreting your bible by reading Matthew, Luke, Mark etc....your are reading the wrong books....you are not of the lost sheep of Israel....you are a gentile, the book of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John, James.....are not for you. The appostle Paul was sent to the gentiles to preach the mystery that was know before the foundations of the earth were formed...Matthew 10 Christ tells the apostles to not go the way of the gentiles....that was reserved for the appostle Paul, as he was visited by an angel on the road to Damascus....Paul is your appostle.....all of the Bible is meant for you, but it is not all for you....mixing the messages of Christ’s earthly ministry, in which he was under the law, is a much different message of Paul preaching the dispinsation of grace.....2 completely different programs
Here we see hyper-dispensationalism go toxic. This is exactly the reason why it gets such a bad reputation and I start crying everytime I read this stuff. Where do you people get this? Watch how easy it is to debunk: PAUL HIMSELF RECOMMENDED THE WORDS OF JESUS:

1Timothy 6:3
If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

Reading the WRONG BOOKS by reading the gospels? Ridicilous. Jesus said His word is forever and the gospel of John is WRITTEN specifically so that people would believe Jesus is the Christ.
These books ARE for you, dont let this guy flimflam you into giving up on a large part of the New Testament, INCLUDING the very words of Jesus Himself in the gospels.
ALL OF THE NT IS FOR EVERY CHRISTIAN TO READ. I dont care what the hyper-dispensational teachers and preachers say.

The spiritual man judgeth ALL things. If nobody is supposed to "judge" anything, you must have not read those letters of Paul you say you appreciate so much. Did you not notice that in EVERY LETTER Paul offered a rebuke of some sort? Try reading 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, is Paul judging everyone there?
In the dispensation of grace? What about Galatians 5:19-21?

Strong rebuke?

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
The credit is belong to the Lord not us, but you have to remember good work or fruit is product of salvation.

In other word if one say he is save but the fruit is hatred and no love, he is lie, he is not save.

God say you judge the tree by it fruit.
Indeed, the fruits of the Spirit should be evident. Since these are heart based, and God is the judge of our hearts, I would hope that anyone who declares fruit real or counterfeit, would consult with God first. If someone declares themselves a Christian, their words should reflect what God has accomplished in their lives and that in turn alters their actions towards pleasing God, not a religion.

I’ve met people with a sweet personality that have no clue what grace is, or how it’s obtained. Being nice or sincere has replaced orthodox theology these days, even many professing Christians “hope” their good works outweigh their bad.

Dec 28, 2016
Well, sadly you've failed in the above to live up to your 2 Timothy 2:15 moniker. :whistle::(

Dec 26, 2018
How is applying scripture that was written for you, not rightly dividing the word of truth?