Seventh-day Adventists

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 26, 2018
Here we see hyper-dispensationalism go toxic. This is exactly the reason why it gets such a bad reputation and I start crying everytime I read this stuff. Where do you people get this? Watch how easy it is to debunk: PAUL HIMSELF RECOMMENDED THE WORDS OF JESUS:

1Timothy 6:3
If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

Reading the WRONG BOOKS by reading the gospels? Ridicilous. Jesus said His word is forever and the gospel of John is WRITTEN specifically so that people would believe Jesus is the Christ.
These books ARE for you, dont let this guy flimflam you into giving up on a large part of the New Testament, INCLUDING the very words of Jesus Himself in the gospels.
ALL OF THE NT IS FOR EVERY CHRISTIAN TO READ. I dont care what the hyper-dispensational teachers and preachers say.

The spiritual man judgeth ALL things. If nobody is supposed to "judge" anything, you must have not read those letters of Paul you say you appreciate so much. Did you not notice that in EVERY LETTER Paul offered a rebuke of some sort? Try reading 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, is Paul judging everyone there?
In the dispensation of grace? What about Galatians 5:19-21?

Strong rebuke?
You obviously have attempted to apply the book of Matthew to your life, in doing so have become like the Galatians that Paul called fools....you are a fool if you do not understand what Christ did for you...applying the gospel to your life is heiracy and you will see the fruit of your error play out in your life as you condemn family members and friends alike....your doctrine is to preach watered down grace and it is apparent in your mouth as you have been seduced

Dec 26, 2018
You obviously have attempted to apply the book of Matthew to your life, in doing so have become like the Galatians that Paul called fools....you are a fool if you do not understand what Christ did for you...applying the gospel to your life is heiracy and you will see the fruit of your error play out in your life as you condemn family members and friends alike....your doctrine is to preach watered down grace and it is apparent in your mouth as you have been seduced
Of course all of what Jesus taught are important for all of us...but applying a doctrine that was not meant for you, makes it clear that you do not understand what grace is......go a ahead amd teach to your brethren that they must confess their sins and repent (before) salvation comes to them and watch the Holt spirit fade from you!

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I understand what you're saying. The letter does kill, and that is why I believe Sabbath should be kept in the spirit--though not necessarily each letter--of the Old Testament regulations. That is, do no unnecessary work on Sabbath, do not buy or sell, and keep it a day of rememberance and fellowship with God. Most SDAs do keep these OT regulations of how to keep the Sabbath. But context is taken into consideration, and Jesus' words about the Sabbath are also kept in view. "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath" (Mark 2:27), along with others.

As for the Sabbath no longer being binding, I believe that Jesus kept the Sabbath, that He rested on the Sabbath even in death along with His disciples (Luke 23:56), and that He never gave a command to change the law He had already established at Creation and written in stone at Mt. Sinai. The disciples may have gathered on Sunday, but there is no evidence of them making it the new day of worship.

Because of all the evidence of the Sabbath being a part of God's eternal law, I think that the sabbaths mentioned in Colossians 2:16-17 were part of the other feast days and ceremonies that were "a shadow of things to come," rather than an everlasting memorial of God's creative and redemptive power that was written in stone.
why do you guys not want to talk about ellen white?

I mean, she and the other couple of guys did start your religion....

Dec 26, 2018
Practice any part of the law, and you will be judged by the law....why condemn yourself?

E

eternally-gratefull

I agree! If we were saved by our works, then it would be not of grace, but of debt (Rom. 4:4).
Then why do you think people who do not do the work of going to churhc on Saturday, but instead do it on sunday are lost?

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Practice any part of the law, and you will be judged by the law....why condemn yourself?

Would you be okay with your wife commiting adultery on you?

And dont judge btw. Thats not in this dispensation.

What about the "law of Christ" that PAUL mentions?

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Take a look at what hyper-dispensationalism looks like.

Listening to Jesus makes you a fool in this warped belief system, doesn't matter what Paul said in 1 Timothy 6:3 or other verses I quoted. You didn't adress any of them, because you cant. Because they expose your belief system to be FALSE.

NEXT.

Dec 28, 2016
Not surprisingly, "light"bearer disagrees that SDA isn't a "bible only" sect. It is perfectly clear that the SDA movement is not Sola Scriptura. Anyone disagreeing with this is either hoodwinked, disingenuous, or both.

There is also the possibility that those who disagree accept the writings of E. White as scripture, thus their disagreement and as to why is discovered.

Dec 26, 2018
Well, sadly you've failed in the above to live up to your 2 Timothy 2:15 moniker. :whistle::(
As Paul would have said to the Galatians...you are a fool
Would you be okay with your wife commiting adultery on you?

And dont judge btw. Thats not in this dispensation.

What about the "law of Christ" that PAUL mentions?
would I be ok with my wife cheating on me? No, but she does not cheat on me....not because she fears judgement from sin, Christ was crucified for the sin of the world, why can you not get this through your head? She does not commit adultry because she loves me...she does not need to be put in fear during the dispinsation of grace in which we currently reside....the holy spiritual is strong in her because she rightly divided the word of truth and does not rob the glory of the finished work of the cross

Dec 26, 2018
I am a Seventh-day Adventist and I can testify that we uphold the Bible and the Bible only!

Dec 26, 2018
Just because we believe in a prophet doesn't mean we don't believe in the bible only. It simply means that we believe that Ellen White is a prophet to shed light on the Bible. We do not hold Ellen White on the same level as the Bible!
Ellen White is what you would call or commentator on the Bible.

Dec 26, 2018
It is said in scripture....all!! Of my holy prophets were killed!

Dec 26, 2018
In our baptismal vows, we ask people, "Do you believe in the Bible as the only rule of faith and practice for the Christian?"

Dec 28, 2016
As Paul would have said to the Galatians...you are a fool
No problem, you've just joined and are already name calling. Pretty interesting, and callow I might add. The thing is your name calling is based on straw man arguments and baseless assumptions. I'd rather dialog according to truth not blind assumptions on your part.

Let me know when you're ready to discuss this like a man and I'll be glad to speak with you dear brother.

Dec 26, 2018
No problem, you've just joined and are already name calling. Pretty interesting, and callow I might add. The thing is your name calling is based on straw man arguments and baseless assumptions. I'd rather dialog according to truth not blind assumptions on your part.

Let me know when you're ready to discuss this like a man and I'll be glad to speak with you dear brother.
Would you like to speak with me?

Dec 26, 2018
so do you think I am headed to hell because I go to church on Sunday?
Well I am not going to answer that question in public for fear of offending some, but if you would like to email me at: [email protected] I would be glad to answer that or any other questions you have about the bible or Adventism or any dialogue you wish to have!

Dec 26, 2018
Take a look at what hyper-dispensationalism looks like.

Listening to Jesus makes you a fool in this warped belief system, doesn't matter what Paul said in 1 Timothy 6:3 or other verses I quoted. You didn't adress any of them, because you cant. Because they expose your belief system to be FALSE.

NEXT.
1 Timothy 6:3. .....wholesome words and rightly diving the word of truth are 2 different things....if you are going to try and convince me, that I must apply the teachings from the book of Matthew....to myself and my family, you sir can join the Galatians before Paul straightened them out....if you cannot see the difference in Christ’s ministry to the lost sheep of Israel, and Paul revelation of the mystery to the gentiles, simply by reading the night and day difference between the book of Matthew and the book of Romans...you are lost and need to be found