Several dead after shootings in Christchurch

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
From the BBC:

New Zealand mosques: Several dead after shootings in Christchurch

There are "multiple fatalities" after shootings at two mosques in the city of Christchurch, police in New Zealand have confirmed

Police commissioner Mike Bush confirmed that one person is in custody, but said it was unclear if others were involved.

Witnesses told local media they ran for their lives, and saw people bleeding on the ground outside the Al Noor mosque.

Authorities advised all mosques to shut down until further notice. All Christchurch schools are on lockdown.

In a statement to the nation, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said details were not yet clear, "but I can tell you now - this will be one of New Zealand's darkest days".

Mohan Ibrahim, who was in the area of the Al Noor mosque, told the New Zealand Herald: "At first we thought it was an electric shock but then all these people started running.

"I still have friends inside.

"I have been calling my friends but there are many I haven't heard from. I am scared for my friends lives."

Story:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47578798

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
That's terrible!

Zan

Mar 15, 2019
It is a shame how much more common these sorts of things are becoming.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Several dead being 49 people dead so far :(
You know these people strapped cameras to their heads and live streamed the massacre, it looked like a video game.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
It's a sad day for sleepy NZ.